SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I cannot wait until the nfl bleeds more money and the stands are only peopled with thugs. I stopped watching these cretin with the “hands up don’t shoot” bullshit, and I will never be back.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Nothing has changed. Still not watching.

This. The NFL is dead to me.

Me too
Over the years I’ve lost respect for the sport with all the Thug behavior of those overpaid assholes.
The kneeling disrespect was the last straw for me, and a lot of longtime fans.
Never thought I’d say it, but I have ZERO desire to watch a game again.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update about this on this forum since I stopped watching the NFL ten years ago. And also think of all the endless commercials I don't have to watch, and then maybe see another four or five minutes of football action until the next bunch. I;ve taken up watching hockey now. GO COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS!

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I cannot wait until the nfl bleeds more money and the stands are only peopled with thugs. I stopped watching these cretin with the “hands up don’t shoot” bullshit, and I will never be back.

When this happened, coming out of the tunnel, I decided never to go to another Rams game. It was a completely false narrative.

Of course, it's been easy NOT to go since the team moved to LA. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24101 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The NFL has a huge problem that is not going away.
If the young-rich-black-activists-athletes continue to double down this year then the NFL (owners/business side) has a perplexing problem to satisfy then AND the fans.
Fans will continue to drop off as the rabble-rousers continue their disrespect.
A LOSE-LOSE situation all thanks to Colin Crapernick.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
quote:
quote:

Me too
Over the years I’ve lost respect for the sport with all the Thug behavior of those overpaid assholes.
Agreed

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Zero fucks about the NFL.

posted Hide Post
Shunning and Boycotts do work ... it just takes time to effect a behavior change due to a loss of income.

Time will tell and I choose not to be participant.

Not one cent!

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I stand for "We The People ..."

Posts: 259 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: August 26, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
quote:
quote:

Me too
. I agree

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I never watched a game last year and don't intend to this year. Fuck em.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just checked again. Yup...still nothing.

The NFL can just FOAD...

I'm with satch...can't WAIT for hockey season to crank up!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ZERO interest in the NFL, and hope these thugs run the league into the ground, sooner, rather than, later!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Baseball players don’t seem to be oppressed or unhappy about such things. They are happy to stand for the 7th inning stretch, hats over their hearts.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I was transferred back the states from Germany in 1968. Had been overseas since 1956 and never saw a NFL game, or even heard much about it.

I may have watched one Redskins game, but had very little time for such. Working 60+ hours a week, carrying 4 college courses, building a house on the weekends tend to limit one's leisure activities.

Cannot say I have missed it, either, especially since all this kneeling BS started.

My philosophy about this silliness is simple.

If you do not like this country to the point that you show such asinine disrespect, the GTFO!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24101 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Give the bastard a job and knock the stuffings out of the America hating scumbag.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Like this?? Up to the 1:40 point??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have got a feeling that when/if the NFL starts back up it will REALLY alienate a huge part of it's audience AGAIN.
Right after we were all settling down and forgetting about the traitor Kapershit and JUST starting to think about FOOTBALL and nothing else.
Mad

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I love football but this nonsense is a bridge too far for me. I will never watch these idiots ever again. I'm gonna go fly fishing on Sundays. Screw the National felons league.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Done with the NFL, NBA and MLB. (throw in college ball for good measure)

Goodbye.