SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Newsweek has already started the fire.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

THE END OF THE NFL? LATEST SEXUAL HARASSMENT SCANDAL IS ONE THE LEAGUE CANNOT IGNORE

quote:
It seems unimaginable that Sundays in America wouldn't be devoted to the NFL...
It do?

Nah, I'm good, thanks.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Take it down.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for all of the women that will claim that they were forced to have sex with players or were assaulted by players.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Another nail in the coffin. Big Grin

The NFL anthem protests have sought to destroy much of what Americans hold dear: pride in what our country truly stands for, and reverence for those who fought to preserve it.
However, while they failed to destroy those sacred things, the protests do appear to have had more success destroying other things that Americans hold dear: like pizza and chicken wings.

Only months after Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter blamed the NFL’s mishandling of the anthem crisis for plummeting pizza sales, a downturn in chicken wing prices has prompted a company called Sanderson Farms, to wonder whether the league’s weekly protests have hurt wings sales.

During a conference call on Thursday, Joe F. Sanderson Jr, CEO of Sanderson Farms, expressed concern at the current state of the chicken wing market.

“The only thing puzzling me right now is wings,” Sanderson said during the meeting.

In a phone interview after the meeting, Sanderson explained, “It’s just been reported to us that some of our customers think that their traffic is down because of the demonstrations by some of the NFL players.”

According to Bloomberg:

Wings had a banner year for much of 2017, boosting profits at processors like Sanderson. But spot prices slumped in each of the last three months and are now 14 percent lower than a year earlier, according to one U.S. government measure. Amid the NFL dispute, it’s unclear where prices are headed from here, Sanderson Jr. said.

Food sellers have differing views on how much impact player protests during the national anthem at NFL games have had on revenue. Last month, Papa John’s International Inc. said the NFL flap was hammering pizza sales, but Wingstop Inc. said it hadn’t seen any impact from waning football viewership.

While there are likely several explanations for the drop in chicken wing prices, one cannot dismiss that the chart clearly shows a steep, dramatic drop in prices at the start of the NFL season.

In fact, it looks like prices consistently rose from March all the way up to September and then fell at a far greater rate than they had climbed. Other than the start of the NFL season, which should have been a good time for chicken wing sales, what else happened that would have caused such a precipitous decline?

That kind of dramatic decline might be best explained by recalling the events of late September of this year. Remember, it was in late September, Week 3 of the NFL season to be exact, when over 200 NFL players, coaches, and executives; protested in some form or fashion after President Trump publicly criticized the NFL anthem protesters.

After that weekend of protest, the NFL saw huge declines in ticket sales, attendance, and ratings. So why wouldn’t it follow that the fan backlash would ultimately effect the foods that most fans eat when they watch football?

After all, less football would seem to mean you would eat less football food, right?

Here’s a chart, which shows the dive in chicken wing prices over the course of the year:

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...protests-hurt-sales/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I'm rooting for NFL to really feel the financial consequences of this protest nonsense, I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to go out of business. Unfortunately there is still a vast population of people who are so apathetic that this barely registers for them. They just wanna watch them some football. But I do think the current sexual harassment hysteria could be an even bigger problem for them. Let's hope at least.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
My last comment was directed at the story about the team owners extending the commissioners contract when he is the one running the league into the ground.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
As much as I'm rooting for NFL to really feel the financial consequences of this protest nonsense, I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to go out of business. Unfortunately there is still a vast population of people who are so apathetic that this barely registers for them. They just wanna watch them some football. But I do think the current sexual harassment hysteria could be an even bigger problem for them. Let's hope at least.

And you see them in the stands. There just aren't that many of them. TV ratings show a similar drop off.

The kneeling is just the latest focus on what is wrong with the NFL. Thug culture creeped in slowly over the past couple of decades. Players flashing gang signs. Involved in violent crimes. Then basically giving America the finger was the last straw.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Diddy wants to be daddy to this dud

Pathetic

Sucks to be a Carolina fan!!!
He can make it happen.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Actually, no, he cannot:
quote:
But despite Diddy’s desires, he might come into problems buying the team. According to The New York Daily News, the Panthers team is worth $120 million more than the mogul’s total net value. NFL teams also normally sell for more than their reported value
He's not buying jack shit. All this is, is racist grandstanding from someone who feels left out. That's why I call this pathetic. The guy knows that he's not buying a damn thing, can't even afford it, and if he could manage it, he'd be leveraged beyond recovery.

Just more grandsatnding from yet another racist who thinks he's some kind of progressive savior.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
But despite Diddy’s desires, he might come into problems buying the team. According to The New York Daily News, the Panthers team is worth $120 million more than the mogul’s total net value. NFL teams also normally sell for more than their reported value.

Does the NFL have a rent to own program?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I would LOVE it if Diddy bought Carolina and promptly destroyed it with his ego and stupidity.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ain't gonna happen and he knows it and that's why he's talking shit- because he knows it will never amount to anything.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
NFL ownership is a closed shop. A new owner must be voted in by the majority of existing owners. It takes more than money.

Sean Combs doesn't have the cash or the votes.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Too bad for Kapperwhatever. It's the only way he's gonna get signed, and it just ain't gonna happen.

On the bright side, Kapperbitch has all the time in the world to work on his giant hair.

Maybe put in some supports and make his 'fro even bigger. Now that's something to aspire to. If Soul Train is still on the air, he has a second career coming up...

posted Hide Post
Surprised he hasn't started a GoFundMe for it. Hahahahhahaha

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Surprised he hasn't started a GoFundMe for it. Hahahahhahaha

Oh, if he garners sufficient interest from like-deluded in-duh-viduals, I would not be surprised if he doesn't eventually go that way. Or something like it.

I hope he goes for it. I think it'd be amusing to watch Smile (Particularly if he actually succeeded in buying the team.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Diddy wants to be daddy to this dud

Pathetic

Sucks to be a Carolina fan!!!
He can make it happen.

Isn’t the Panther QB already another brother?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, no, he cannot:
quote:
But despite Diddy’s desires, he might come into problems buying the team. According to The New York Daily News, the Panthers team is worth $120 million more than the mogul’s total net value. NFL teams also normally sell for more than their reported value
He's not buying jack shit. All this is, is racist grandstanding from someone who feels left out. That's why I call this pathetic. The guy knows that he's not buying a damn thing, can't even afford it, and if he could manage it, he'd be leveraged beyond recovery.

Just more grandsatnding from yet another racist who thinks he's some kind of progressive savior.
^^^This. Its truly amazing that a fool like 'Diddy' (i.e. someone as woefully lacking in mental capacity as most NFL players) doesn't recognize how blessed he is to be a millionaire for essentially hocking junk to other nitwits.

This is all about attention. Diddy is the attention whore's attention whore, who I personally think doesn't believe a word of what he's spouting. It did however get him attention which I believe was his primary goal.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm rooting for Ditty, he can only speed the NFL's demise.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin