SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Lots of empty seats today:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...rolls-week-7-photos/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Cowboys all stood today per Jerry's directive: "You don't stand, you don't play."

At least half the SF team kneeled.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

know your customer

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately for the patriotic among us, the NFL will get their money this year because most of those seats are season ticket sales. Come renewal time for those season tickets though, it might be an entirely different story. Next year will be the tell-tale sign of how much the NFL is losing in ticket revenue.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
It appears the America hating commies reaped a coup, they've enlisted patriots to assist tearing down an American institution by boycotting NFL games. Possible pure genius move that has some think tankers high fiving and working on more ways to have their enemies assist in their revolution.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Tearing down the NFL doesn't hurt America.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
It appears the America hating commies reaped a coup, they've enlisted patriots to assist tearing down an American institution by boycotting NFL games. Possible pure genius move that has some think tankers high fiving and working on more ways to have their enemies assist in their revolution.

I can't tell if you're serious.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm watching the CFL. The Hamilton tiger cats whopped up the Monreal Alloutets (sp). Some of the players I remember hearing their names from their college days. F* the NFL!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

I can't tell if you're serious.

Yeah, me neither. It might be a matter of perspective. I never cared for the nfl to begin with, and I hardly consider football (pro or other) to be essential to the nature of America. Of course, I realise others feel differently.

I never followed nfl. I only watched it in recent years because my in-laws are die hard Cowboys fans.

I always saw superbowl Sunday as a great time to go skiing, as the slopes weren't very crowded. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
if the NFL has to bribe the players to stand for the anthem, the NFL will lose a lot of fans.

The way it is going so far, it looks like the NFL has hit it's historical high mark of popularity and is now on a downhill slide.

The big question is : Where is bottom ?

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
It appears the America hating commies reaped a coup, they've enlisted patriots to assist tearing down an American institution by boycotting NFL games.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Unfortunately for the patriotic among us, the NFL will get their money this year because most of those seats are season ticket sales. Come renewal time for those season tickets though, it might be an entirely different story. Next year will be the tell-tale sign of how much the NFL is losing in ticket revenue.

I agree completely. I also imagine the Superbowl is already sold out so they aren't going to see the big picture until next year.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Cowboys all stood today per Jerry's directive: "You don't stand, you don't play."

At least half the SF team kneeled.

Side note. Seems the Cowboys beat the SF 49ers 40-10 today. The 49ers, where Kaepernick started the little rebellion, are now 0-7. Maybe there's an inverse relationship between the number of those who kneel and the number of points scored. Smile

Just a thought. Kaepernick has filed law suit against all the team owners because he doesn't have a job. I wonder if the team owners might file a counter suit for their loss in revenues?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I really don't give a popcorn fart what the Cowboys do. Jerry "Jackass" Jones showed his ass when he put on his little kneeling display with the team. As far as I'm concerned, he shit his pants and he doesn't have enough baby wipes. So whatever grandstanding bullshit he's doing now is irrelevant...made that bed Jerry; lie in it.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A tad telling that not once have I heard the NFL ask fans their opinion/desires. They threw that option out the window for me, by revealing their disdain for America first.

Act civil and a criminals do not pass go rule was too much to even consider?

Picture of colomtn
posted Hide Post
I haven’t watched a broncos game since I saw over half the team take a knee. Just read they were lost 21-0 to the chargers, their first shutout since 1992. Karma.

My grandfather voted republican until the day he died, now he votes democrat.

Posts: 4346 | Location: Western Slope of Colorado | Registered: August 09, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Not a surprise in Cleveland...

When the Cowboys games look like this.... the NFL will know it has a problem. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
At like $100 per empty seat, they stand to lose some big money.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
I'm done with the NFL. Being a Navy Vet, this BS with the NFL doesn't sit well with me. I've found others things to do, which has been working out well. Drinking less beer on Sunday has been a good thing.

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Plus now, a significant portion of their customer base has learned that there are indeed other enjoyable things to do in their spare time. Many watched the games on Sunday/Monday because "it's just what you do". Now they've found other things and by now have taken a liking to their newfound pastime.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul