SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Well now Hilary supports the NFL kneelers:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-anthem-or-flag.html

I'm sure they are happy for her support and the good will it will bring... Roll Eyes

I'll give you one thing, Hilary is not nearly as politically astute as Bill - she certainly doesn't bend with public opinion as much as he did.

Thinking a little more, Hilary tolerated Monica taking a knee (or two for that matter) in front of Bill, so I suppose this is nothing new for her...

I said this earlier - can't wait for the next DNC convention when they play the national anthem. The social justice warriors will be putting pressure on dems to kneel - we'll see what they do!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Breaking news:

The NFL announced today that because of lost revenue due to kneeling, an NFL Team had to be cut. Tampa Bay and the Green Bay Packers will be combining forming the Tampacks. They will be good for only one period and will have no second string...

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
^^^ Taking a knee now seems to mean different things to different people. I think it was originally, according to Colon Crappernickle, to protest what some claim is rampant, racist, police brutality. Then I think it became, in the minds of some kneeling, to show team unity/support for teammates without necessarily supporting a particular cause. Now in some cases it seems to just be akin to bowing your head in a moment of silence.

I say we all just kneel anytime we agree with anything, or support anyone at anytime, to make a mockery of it all. For that reason, I'm kneeling as I write this.

And I will kneel as I read it. We have just solved the world problems. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
colin kaepernick files grievance NFL owners for collusion to keep him out of the NFL.

Guess he thinks this will help him get on a team. My guess is he will never play pro ball again.

Someone pass the popcorn this just keeps getting better.

[URL= http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/...collusion]link[/url]
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/...nfl-owners-collusion

Last act of a raging toddler in full meltdown. The equivalent of stomping his feet and throwing his pacifier. Unfortunately for him, Trump picked off the throw and took it to the house Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Colin Kaepernick: A tragic tale of a man throwing it all away for his girlfriends affection

Don't think for a minute that his path to destruction wasn't heavily influenced by his girlfriend. He definitely is in running for the biggest tool of the year award.

Tune in next time for "A multi-million dollar career thrown away for a political statement" or "Man, what fool I am"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ Taking a knee now seems to mean different things to different people. I think it was originally, according to Colon Crappernickle, to protest what some claim is rampant, racist, police brutality. Then I think it became, in the minds of some kneeling, to show team unity/support for teammates without necessarily supporting a particular cause. Now in some cases it seems to just be akin to bowing your head in a moment of silence.

I say we all just kneel anytime we agree with anything, or support anyone at anytime, to make a mockery of it all. For that reason, I'm kneeling as I write this.

The very vagueness of what is being protested means that the kneeling can't be ended. Take "police brutality." By what standard will this be "fixed?" how nice players are kneeling, sitting, staying in the locker room, whatever. Now what can they do to end it?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:

The very vagueness of what is being protested means that the kneeling can't be ended. Take "police brutality." By what standard will this be "fixed?" how nice players are kneeling, sitting, staying in the locker room, whatever. Now what can they do to end it?

All they've done is put a different wrapping on the original protest. Nothing more.

Call it what you want, but kneeling during the National Anthem says "This country sucks and I hate what it stands for". The spin makes no difference the message is the same.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ I am going to say "Dilly Dilly!" when I kneel, for clarity.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ I am going to say "Dilly Dilly!" when I kneel, for clarity.

Apparently you get fined if you say "Bless me 'o Lord...."

343 - Never Forget

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Remind me, wasn't there a player who was punished for kneeling after touchdowns?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Breaking news:

The NFL announced today that because of lost revenue due to kneeling, an NFL Team had to be cut. Tampa Bay and the Green Bay Packers will be combining forming the Tampacks. They will be good for only one period and will have no second string...

Funny. Crude but funny.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Report This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
I love this picture:

Roofers in Maine Stop Work to Respect National Anthem, Flag
Three Maine roofers put their hammers down and stood up to show respect for the national anthem on Saturday, in the process unknowingly posing for a photo that's been used to symbolize one side of the contentious nationwide debate about "The Star-Spangled Banner."

The roofers, who were working near Waterville High School’s football field, stood for the national anthem “even though they didn’t have to,” Michelle Lyons Cossar, the Old Town resident who snapped the photo, told Fox News on Monday.

While Cossar was standing for the anthem prior to the start of Saturday’s game, she said she heard someone in the stands point out the workers had also risen.
“When I looked over the fence, I saw them standing and respecting the flag,” she said.

That’s when she decided to take a picture.

“I just thought the world could use a little more of that right now,” she added.

Cossar’s photo has been shared nearly 600 times as of Monday afternoon.

The three men in the photo are Dwayne Harrison, Danny Thyng and James Scruggs, according to Cossar. The trio didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Shanon Gurski Dixon, a resident of Waterville, shared the Cossar’s picture to her Facebook page. She told Fox News she hopes to one day find and thank the men for “being such good role models to our youth.”

Link

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I think this is an example of how Goodell plans to move forward. (Make everybody happy)

He signed a joint ltr w a player to send to congress

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/p...1244486/doug-baldwin

part of the ltr:

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
ESPN’s Monday Night Football Ratings Crash, Hit Season Low for Titans-Colts: Big Grin

Don Meredith helped make Monday Night Football famous, by singing ‘Turn out the lights, the party’s over” at the end of games. It might be time to sing that same song again for Monday Night Football, though, for an entirely different reason.

The September report claimed that CBS, ESPN, Fox and NBC could take a $200 million hit to their estimated $2.5 billion in NFL advertising earnings if fans continue to turn off their TVs.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...on-low-titans-colts/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Here's to a whole string of 'new lows' forthcoming.

Burn baby, burn.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7251 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, the ground's the limit.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Goodell going to fly this one right into the ground

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/1...-protests-trump.html

The N.F.L. for now will continue to let players kneel or sit during the national anthem without a penalty, capitulating to demands by the athletes for free expression but potentially further alienating fans who object to the protests and feel they are disrespectful to the flag and the military.

But, after a meeting Tuesday with union representatives and players, the league did promise to help support some of the causes targeted by the protesting players, including reform of the criminal justice system.

The owners’ decision to not toughen the league’s stance on anthem demonstrations showed yet again the contortions they have been going through to display support for their players while wrestling with the political fallout of the sideline protests that have persisted since last season.

The players, largely on social media, had made clear they would not abide penalties for sitting or kneeling during the pregame anthem, while legal experts wondered if any punitive change would hold up in court. The gestures began last season, spurred by Colin Kaepernick, then the quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers, to draw attention to racial oppression and police brutality against black Americans.

The league’s rule book never required players to stand for the anthem but says they must be on the sideline during the song and “should” stand for it.

The meeting on Tuesday included the N.F.L.’s commissioner, Roger Goodell; the director of the players’ union, DeMaurice F. Smith; and 11 owners, including Robert K. Kraft of the New England Patriots and Arthur M. Blank of the Atlanta Falcons. They met for almost four hours with a dozen players, including Malcolm Jenkins of the Philadelphia Eagles, Eric Reid of the 49ers and Kenny Stills of the Dolphins, all of whom have protested during the anthem.

Kaepernick had been invited to the meeting but chose not to attend. Kaepernick’s lawyer, Mark Geragos, later said it was possible that Kaepernick would attend future meetings.

To find a way to extinguish the crisis, Goodell has tried to persuade the players’ union to help him to persuade the players to stand for the anthem.

sorry Roger. Give the activists a taste of victory and they just get more hungry. You have lost control.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The NFL is going to help reform the criminal justice system.

OK, sure.

Full

of

shit

These people are, quite simply, full of shit.

You run around with a little ball, for God's sake. You're not going to reform a damn thing.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
So this whole thing is about letting people break the law without consequence. Figures.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Now they have decided to abandon thug life and get right with the community; no more dog fights, no more slappin' the snot bubbles out of their insignificant other, no more low crimes and misdemeanors, no more trying to explain how important they are while being interrupted by some body reading their rights to them...again. Well bless their hearts.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post