SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It seems appropriate that the NFL has Joe Lockhart (formally Clintons Press Secretary) as spokesman for the NFL.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
The NFL has no plans to make players stand. So, what was the point of the Commissioner's memo? Trick the fans?
https://ca.reuters.com/article.../idCAKBN1CI24Y-OCASP

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
IMO, if fans (who are tired of this BULL SHIT) were to get up and pour onto the field right before the game starts and refuse to leave until the game is called, this stuff would end overnight. There is no way Security could stop thousands of fans. I'm not taking about being confrontational. Just refuse to leave.

Give them a taste of their own Medicine.
To all you NFL ticket holder........ pass it on! Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
The NFL has no plans to make players stand. So, what was the point of the Commissioner's memo? Trick the fans?

Trick the fans.... Trick the players.... he just wants it to end.
Of course, he's trying to find some "middle ground" that pleases everyone, but there is none. Either the players are free to "protest" during the National Anthem or they aren't.
I don't think fans (or players, for that matter) are going to be fooled by his bullshit "plan".

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Taking a knee in the end zone advances your position without effort. On the sidelines, not so much.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Trick the fans.... Trick the players.... he just wants it to end.
Of course, he's trying to find some "middle ground" that pleases everyone, but there is none. Either the players are free to "protest" during the National Anthem or they aren't.
I don't think fans (or players, for that matter) are going to be fooled by his bullshit "plan".
Maybe Goodell and the owners need to take a page from one of the icons of the sporting world...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I've stopped watching NFL games and even cancelled my annual Super Bowl party.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Report This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
In concrete terms: If I've got a quarter and you've got a nickel than that just ain't justice. The government needs to take 10¢ away from me and give it to you.

Nope. Here is how it works:
The government takes 25 cents from you and takes 5 cents from the other guy. Gov't gives 5 cents back to you and 5 cents to the other guy and keeps 25 cents for administering the 30 cents. (Gov't had to borrow the additional 5 cents.)

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
In concrete terms: If I've got a quarter and you've got a nickel than that just ain't justice. The government needs to take 10¢ away from me and give it to you.

Nope. Here is how it works:
The government takes 25 cents from you and takes 5 cents from the other guy. Gov't gives 5 cents back to you and 5 cents to the other guy and keeps 25 cents for administering the 30 cents. (Gov't had to borrow the additional 5 cents.)

That’s definitely one of the more sane postings about this NFL BS. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't watched NFL since this BS started at the beginning of the season. Last night I walked over to my neighbors house to down a couple of beers. He has NFL game pass (ability to watch any game 24 hours later). We watched the first few minutes of the Steeler - Jaguar game. There were a lot of empty seats, some of them the "perfect" viewing angle. Steelers were almost always a sellout at home. These idiots have hurt themselves really bad. It brought a smile to my face.

I think the problem the NFL faces is that no one in the league has the smarts to fix it.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I think the problem the NFL faces is that no one in the league has the smarts to fix it.

The minute the owners went from being executives to being worried about their employees' feelings and "social justice" they doomed themselves. I'm sure they are worried about the bottom line, but they are confusing who contributes most to that statistic. It's not their employees, it's their customers. They sided with their employees. Well their employees don't keep the lights on, the customers (fans) do.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

The minute the owners went from being executives to being worried about their employees' feelings and "social justice" they doomed themselves. I'm sure they are worried about the bottom line, but they are confusing who contributes most to that statistic. It's not their employees, it's their customers. They sided with their employees. Well their employees don't keep the lights on, the customers (fans) do.

They can talk all day long about their "right to protest."

But it seems the fans have the "right to not watch this crap."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
So sick of the "right to protest". You don't have the right to protest at your place of employment. If they really want to make a statement they should refuse to play. The very system they oppose is the one that makes them millions. Stand for something and walk away you fucking lazy cowards.

Screw the NFL for allowing this behavior to stand in their house.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
OANN is reporting the networks are going to stop televising the National Anthem.

http://www.oann.com/report-esp...-games-this-weekend/

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Run Toby Run! Escape the white man!

Frickin pussies.

Hollywood icon? American? Check. Yes, that Lee Marvin. Semper Fi brother.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
OANN is reporting the networks are going to stop televising the National Anthem.

http://www.oann.com/report-esp...-games-this-weekend/

Surprise!

Which tells you all you need to know about the networks, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The players are not going to be happy about such.
They want everyone to see it.

The reality is this might actually stop the protests.
If the networks knew this, they would still show the anthem and protests.

Shhhhh.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I actually don't recall the anthem being televised before this whole nonsense started. Was it always televised? Or did they only start showing it for the controversy surrounding it?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm actually astounded the NFL gets tax breaks. It really blows my mind. They are a billion dollar industry with million dollar employees. WHY do they get special tax breaks? Why are they special? That needs to stop NOW. If the federal government feels the need to hand out tax breaks at least hand them to people who could use it. How about a tax break for cops or firefighters, people who actually endanger themselves for their community while trying to raise a family on 50K a year? The tax breaks really bother me. Disgusting.