SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Now Kaepernick says he'll stand for the National Anthem if someone will sign him. What an idiot!

http://www.al.com/sports/index...l#incart_river_index

[i]Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has told CBS that he would stand during the national anthem if given a chance to play football in the NFL again.

What do we call people who sell their bodies, their principles and their dignity for money?

Politicians!

Am I right? I'm right, huh.
Politicians!

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
What do we call people who sell their bodies, their principles and their dignity for money?

Politicians!

Am I right? I'm right, huh.
Politicians!

Close, that's the second oldest profession...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:
Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett recently said he was racially profiled by Las Vegas police

back in this thread I posted video of Bennett being handcuffed.

"racially profiled" after he jumped over a fence and dropped 7 feet onto a busy roadway.

While running and dodging people like an NFL defensive end.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
All this winning is so exhaustive.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob at the Beach:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by oddball:
Vice-President Pence left the Colts-49er game today right after watching over a couple of dozen 49ers get on their knees during the Anthem. He was there to watch the ceremony honoring Peyton Manning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...al-anthem/744267001/[/QU

Thank you Mr Vice President.

And yet another opportunity for the NFL to turn this around, coming together as one united nation.

First they could have stood in support of This Great Nation after the tragic event in Las Vegas, but nope they choose to sit and kneel in disrespect.

Now they had the audience of the Vice President and his wife along with military dignitaries, but nope they choose to sit and kneel in disrespect.

Yet, I still wonder if the NFL leadership is hoping for an opportunity to turn this downward spiral around.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
What ever they try is going to be too little, too late.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so glad to hear this happened

apparently the only people with balls in the stadium were Pence and his party

I hope it got great airplay to show just how worthless these overpaid thugs and felons are

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
The only way I'll tune into football, at this point, is if it turns into full blown Rollerball.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When I heard Pence walked out, I turned it to the lib stations to watch reactions. MSNBC hosts were melting down and the guest on CNN was in full blown stroke with veins popping. I smiled.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Trump is right the NFL has put themselves in a box. They didn't stop this with Kappernick now they have let the thugs take over.
If they step in now it will look like rich whitey keeping the brother down.

All the while the money spigots are slowly closing and they have no idea what to do about it. It has now become a slow motion train wreck. Fun to watch.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Vice President Pence demonstrated what all football fans should do. This issue would disappear in a week.

Also:

From Kaepernick's muslim girl friend (Nessa Diab)

“The reports that Colin will stand for the anthem are completely false! He has never discussed this with anyone.”

https://hotair.com/archives/20...ing-national-anthem/

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eric Reid, a 49ers safety who knelt alongside Kaepernick last season, reemphasized earlier this year and after Sunday's game that kneeling for the anthem is not designed to disrespect the military or the flag. The act is designed to press for equality and tackle what Reid says is "systemic oppression."

"This is not about the military," Reid told NBC Sports Bay Area. "This is not about the flag. This is not about the anthem. My mother served in the armed forces. Three of my uncles served in the armed forces. In fact, my mom would’ve gone to the Persian Gulf War had she not been pregnant with me. I have the upmost respect for the military, the anthem and the flag. So I will say that every time you interview me."

Reid also suggested that Pence's exit seemed to be a "PR stunt."

"He knew our team has had the most players protest," Reid told NBC Sports Bay Area. "He knew that we were probably going to do to it again. This is what systemic oppression looks like. A man with power comes to a game, he tweets a couple things out and leaves the game with an attempt to thwart our efforts."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news...nthem-449986733.html

LOL What????

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
From a lifelong passionate & patriotic Steelers fan. Fuck em. From the cowardly hiding from the
NA except AV, to today's embarrassing loss to the Jags, I laughed, fuck em all. I have not watched one second of nfl broadcast. My 12 y/o girl loves the Steelers but understands the corrupted blm politics ruining the game. She never cusses but I can and will let a few fly.
Double fuck em, one & all.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said emphatically his players will stand for the national anthem and not disrespect the flag, and if they do, then the player or players will not play.

"If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play," Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-31 loss to the Green Bay Packers. "Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play. Period."

The topic was raised after Vice President Mike Pence left Sunday's game between the Indianapolis Colts and San Francisco 49ers after more than 20 Niners knelt during the national anthem with hands over their hearts.

At the Cowboys' Sept. 25 meeting against the Arizona Cardinals, Jones, his sons Stephen and Jerry Jr. and daughter, Charlotte Anderson, joined the players, coaches and staff on the field prior to the anthem in taking a knee and locking arms. During the anthem, the Joneses stood arm in arm with the players but everybody stood.

According to the Dallas Morning News, defensive ends Damontre Moore and David Irving raised their fists at the end of the anthem before Sunday's game against the Packers. Jones was unaware of their actions when asked after the game.

"We as a team are very much on the page together," Jones said. "We made our expression. I'm very supportive of the team, but under no circumstances will the Dallas Cowboys, I don't care what happens, under no circumstances will we as an organization, coaches, players, not support and stand and recognize and honor the flag. Period."
In the wake of President Donald Trump's comments that NFL owners should "fire" any player who kneels during the national anthem, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones joined his team in a show of unity prior to Dallas' Week 3 game, briefly taking a knee at midfield. Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Jones spoke with President Donald Trump after the Cowboys played the Cardinals. Jones said Trump said the entire issue could have been avoided if the NFL enforced a rule stating players must stand for the national anthem, however, that is not in the NFL's game operations manual.

According to the manual, "During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking."

"If it comes between the impression or the perception that we're not standing together, supporting each other, or the perception that we're disrespecting the flag, the perception that we're not together will be secondary to not respecting the flag," Jones said. "Respecting the flag is first." http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/...isrespects-flag-play

I'm not a fan of Jerry Jones, but he has this one right...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Another Sunday goes by and I haven't even watched highlights. This thread is all the football news I've had, and I don't even miss it. Good riddance...Bunch of fools still don't get it.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Another Sunday goes by and I haven't even watched highlights. This thread is all the football news I've had, and I don't even miss it. Good riddance...Bunch of fools still don't get it.
+1000

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Too bad he fucked it away last week.

Screw em and his dome.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
He does.

But what about those fists there, Jerr? I wouldn't know had I not read about it here since I haven't watched a second of your coverage. I even skip through it on the local sports, like it's another commercial.

Screw 'em. Make it hurt.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
+1000

^3

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
He does.

But what about those fists there, Jerr? I wouldn't know had I not read about it here since I haven't watched a second of your coverage. I even skip through it on the local sports, like it's another commercial.

Screw 'em. Make it hurt.

Moore and Irving acknowledged after the game raising their fists at the conclusion of Sunday's anthem. Irving, who made his season debut Sunday after a four-game suspension for violating the league's drug policy, declined to detail why he raised his fist. He said he wants the action to speak for itself.

"It's just something that I do," Moore said. "I've got my morals, I've got my values on the things that I think about. I don't want to bring unwarranted attention, but at the same time there are certain things people are doing it for."

Black Power fist raised after National Anthem, is still disrespectful, Jerry!

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post