SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
This is nuts if true.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2...for-national-anthem/

This seems like reckless endangerment. With black linemen intentionally laying down and opportunistic lineman coming in on a defenseless QB a guy could get maimed. If true, just a continuation of the thug life in the bucolic suburbs of Detroit, Chicago, Oakland, Baltimore and other thriving metropolises.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I haven't found a site that I've heard of before that is carrying that Raiders story. Plus another site said it was a preseason game and not last weeks game. I wouldn't start using this story to support any arguments just yet.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I think the bottom line to this story is thus:

NFL effed up. They let their employees run wild and it hurt the bottom line. Management pulled back behind the scenes.

The damage is done. I am, and always have been a baseball fan first but I watch football. Until last weekend. I emailed the White House and the New England Patriots on Sunday. On Monday I cancelled my Sunday Ticket and I let them know why.

Tomorrow I am changing the oil in the hooptie and rotating the tires. Going to put something delicious on the grill.

Gonna be a beautiful day.

Remember when our athletes, our heroes, did this for the flag? I have this colorized picture in my living room and in my office. The kids always ask what it is from. Rick Monday didn't kneel. One of you kids on the UN-social media needs to start a hashtag. #RickMondayDidntKneel

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/sport...-sunday-rest-season/

starting Sunday, the Cowboys will simply stand during the anthem for the rest of the season.

“We’re going to stand, we’re going to stand and going to put our hand over our heart and we’re going to do what we did before,” Bryant said. “You all know what that was, that was just a response to Trump and that’s all that that was.”

yeah they sure showed President Trump a thing or two. what ???

Bryant emphasized that he’s past all the issues stemming from President Trump’s comments and how to react to them. Instead, he and the Cowboys are ready to move on: “I’m going to leave that all in the past,” Bryant said. “You know, it is what it is. I’m focused on this week. I’m letting that … I don’t even want to think about it. I’m done with that.”

oh we are so glad you are done with it. What a wise decision.

Get real. The owners laid down the law.

quote from Andy McCarthy:

"The protest is now about Trump because what it was originally about is too indefensible to explain forthrightly."

spot on

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Cowards, but's that's ok. We all knew that. "Simply stand" huh?

But guess what? I'm not going to renew my Sunday Ticket. You lost. I am literally going to plan my Sundays around football.

See you next year. Maybe.

#RickMondayDidntKneel

(We need to make that a thing)

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Odds are 3 to 5 that they heard from the "books" at Vegas... and others.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Heheh Vegas as the great equalizer...Meyer would be proud..

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Interesting conversation with the finance manager today when we were completing paperwork for my wife's new truck purchase. He is very active with a large charitable fund raising organization that does a lot of work with the NFL. Their work amounts to several million dollars a year for NFL sponsored charities. Their organization is no longer going to be working with the NFL this season.

Why? Well, for one the majority of their members do not agree with the current protests. The other and more telling, their benefactors, contributors and corporations they work with do not want to be viewed as supporting the current situation. Their organization does not want to risk future contributions by angering their contributors.

This is going to be a long term problem for the NFL that isn't going to be turned around overnight.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wealthy NFL team owners love competition, winning is good! It helped them accumulate the funds to be an owner. Desire for a winning season can lead to turning a blind eye to player misdeeds. DUI, drugs, gun violations, assault, domestic violence, the list goes on. This has resulted in Thug Life actually become celebrated, normalized. Bad bad greedy owners.

Over the years I've heard many folks gloss over the thug life aspect of football. Hey what can we do, that's just the way it is, even - hey we won this week. The NFL's floundering reaction from the kneeling backlash is proof fan $$$$ do matter. Damn the bad luck. It also means glorifying Thug Life is only possible with the fans turning a blind eye also. Fans are bad bad enablers.

Kneeling is an off-shoot of thug life becoming the norm. Heck many companies, will show you the door for criminal acts. Military and police who put their lives on the line get shown the door for misdeeds. These folks are not receiving million dollar salaries. Management knows good people are available to fill that slot, we don't need or have to put up with your crap. Standards, basic decency clause for a multi-million dollar contract is not asking much.

Hey look at the puppy will derail the fans! During the election the DNC/Hillary actually called voters dumb, and fucking stupid. You can bet RHINOs, the left, and corporate lobbyist are watching to see our resolve. We need to pass this test to Make America Great Again.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I haven't found a site that I've heard of before that is carrying that Raiders story. Plus another site said it was a preseason game and not last weeks game. I wouldn't start using this story to support any arguments just yet.

A bunch of sites is carrying this story.
http://www.mercurynews.com/201...o-with-nfl-protests/

This has actually been circulated around here for awhile. Not "facts". but far fetched? Nope.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
. . .NFL effed up. They let their employees run wild and it hurt the bottom line. Management pulled back behind the scenes. . .

Yup. Worst branding move in history: LINK

quote:
Reputation Management CEO: NFL Anthem Protests “The Worst Branding Move in Modern History”
September 29, 2017 by Jim Hoft

Eric Schiffer, Reputation Management President, told Neil Cavuto the NFL national anthem protests were the “worst branding move in history” in terms of sports.

Schiffer says the NFL are going to be hit with more advertisers dropping their support for the league.

Eric Schiffer:
quote:
I think they over-reacted when they pushed back against the president… They alienated this significant swath of viewers who look at the NFL’s move as a complete shot at them, a disrespect of the heart and principles of what they believe. Advertisers have to be aware of this now. It was the worst branding move of modern history.

[Go to Link above to watch video of 5-1/2 minute interview]

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Speaking of being shown the door.................
Good for the coach.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/G...e-anthem-protest.htm

[QUOTE]
Kneeling is an off-shoot of thug life becoming the norm. Heck many companies, will show you the door for criminal acts. Military and police who put their lives on the line get shown the door for misdeeds. These folks are not receiving million dollar salaries. Management knows good people are available to fill that slot, we don't need or have to put up with your crap. Standards, basic decency clause for a multi-million dollar contract is not asking much.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.breitbart.com/sport...-sunday-rest-season/

starting Sunday, the Cowboys will simply stand during the anthem for the rest of the season.

“We’re going to stand, we’re going to stand and going to put our hand over our heart and we’re going to do what we did before,” Bryant said. “You all know what that was, that was just a response to Trump and that’s all that that was.”

Bryant emphasized that he’s past all the issues stemming from President Trump’s comments and how to react to them. Instead, he and the Cowboys are ready to move on: “I’m going to leave that all in the past,” Bryant said. “You know, it is what it is. I’m focused on this week. I’m letting that … I don’t even want to think about it. I’m done with that.”

"The protest is now about Trump because what it was originally about is too indefensible to explain forthrightly."

spot on

As a longtime misplaced Cowboy fan I was officially done last week. Sent them a email stating why. Now they are trying to turn this into something about Trump which it never was. Trump just called them out and they can't handle the push back.
I held onto the NFL too long anyhow. After Mike Vicks animal abuse story broke my instincts told me then to bail but I rationalized it because they actually put him in prison for it.

A friend of mine stopped by last night for a few beers. This guy was the star qb for the local high school team and still plays organized hockey and coaches his daughters volley ball team. Still a jock and big Vikings fan.
Of course the subject came up and I was shocked to hear him say he is done with the NFL.

But he listened to my 15 minute diatribe first and he was helping me eat a 15lb brisket that I smoked for 14 hours so maybe he was trying not to piss me off. Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

“You all know what that was, that was just a response to Trump and that’s all that that was.”

spot on

Yeah, right. If this was all about Trump, why protest the Anthem? Other ways of doing that. And I agree, they're using the Trump meme to backtrack and hopefully get people to forget the origin of all this. That the NFL believes that every LEO is a KKKard KKKarrying RACIST who only take the job as a way to earn their "kill a black man for free" card. FTNFL.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

posted Hide Post
Time and again President Trump is proven right.

As times change the NFL might be hastening its own demise. I don't think thug life along can support the nfl.

The real question is- What's the next step in the Anti-Trump agenda?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Speaking of being shown the door.................
Good for the coach.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/G...e-anthem-protest.htm

B-E-A-UTIFUL lesson in Actions=Consequences.

Too bad Lib-tards, including the mother, don't get the lesson. NFL coaches, if they had one hair on their nad sack, should have been doing this the first time it happened as well. Teachable moment lost...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Just watched the opening ceremony for this morning's game from London between the Saints and Dolphins. It seems the networks are now trying to shield TV viewers from seeing the players kneeling. In one wide shot of the Dolphins sideline during the Anthem, at least 3 Dolphins players were kneeling (to the far left side of the screen). Cameras quickly cut away and only showed closeups of various players until the Anthem was finished.

They really think we're THAT stupid....

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/sport...ok&utm_medium=social

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised: To Avoid Ratings-Killing Protests, Fox Decides They Will No Longer Air the National Anthem

by WARNER TODD HUSTON30 Sep 20171,453
The first major broadcast domino has fallen. In response to crashing ratings, plummeting ticket sales, and a public backlash fueled by none other than the leader of the free world, Fox Sports has decided to cry Uncle! Becoming the first major NFL broadcast partner to publicly say that they will no longer air the national anthem.
Instead, Fox Sports is now saying that they will go back to what they had done in the past, namely, not showing the playing of the anthem during game broadcasts, according to Newsday.

Calling this year, “one of the more bizarre starts to the season that we have ever had,” Fox Sports President Eric Shanks released a statement saying: “The standard procedure is not to show them because of the way the commercial format works and the timing of the anthem to get to the kickoff,” Shanks said Tuesday at an event to promote Fox’s soccer coverage of the 2018 World Cup. “So I think we’re going to pay attention to events.

“Who knows what’s going to happen? A lot of time is happening between now and then. But I think the plan would be to get back to a normal schedule. I think that’s where we sit today on a Tuesday . . . It seems like there’s more than 24 hours in a day now, doesn’t there?”

But liberal sports reporters are already crying foul with the move to “get back to football.”

Matt Yoder of Awful Announcing, for instance, is furious with Fox for taking away the players’ forum to protest against the country, especially because it will cut off a way to attack Donald Trump.

Yoder slammed Fox saying, “it’s impossible to go back to a normal schedule now when the NFL and its athletes are in the middle of a culture war with the sitting President of the United States.

“The anthem will be a huge story this week and likely will be throughout the remainder of the season as well,” the Awful Announcing writer insisted.

Clearly, Yoder and his liberal media pals want the turmoil to continue, want fans enraged even more, and want to give players who hate the country a platform to announce it to the world.

Yet, Yoder fails to realize something crucial to the equation: Fox didn’t decide to not air the anthem in order to sabotage the athletes in their “culture war” with President Trump. They decided to not air the anthem because the athletes have already lost the culture war with Donald Trump.

A fact that’s been driven home in a recent national survey which showed, not just how wildly unpopular the NFL protests have become, but also that most Americans agree with the president. If the athletes had won the battle of public opinion, and most Americans were either supportive or neutral to their cause, then the networks wouldn’t hesitate to show it. However, the athletes lost the battle over public opinion, bigly.

Which is why many teams are beginning to abandon the protest movement.

Remember, despite the claim that these protests are not against the flag, the country, or our soldiers, that is absolutely not what the instigator of these protests said.

In his own words, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick specifically said that his protests were a stand against the U.S.A.

This is what Kaepernick said of his protests last August:

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football, and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder

In his own words, he told us he couldn’t stand up for the flag or the country.

So, don’t fall for the revisionism. These protests are set to occur during the song that pays homage to this great nation, and the inventor of the protests was counting on just that to erect the platform for his stand against the United States of America.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
They really think we're THAT stupid....

Yes, they do. That's why they came up with this lame "We did this because of Trump" excuse of an excuse. They think many viewers will come back because of that. The nitworks probably had a hand in coming up with that one.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
It seems the networks are now trying to shield TV viewers from seeing the players kneeling.

The disinformation campaign is not going to work on most of us. The NFL and these players have revealed who and what they really are. We already know the media isn't worth shit. The left destroys everything they touch, and they are doing a bang up job on the NFL. With managements blessing no less, as they were too weak to stand up (no pun intended) to this anti-american crap. So fuck em all, no going back for me and I am boycotting any advertisers I can.

I stand with the military and LEO for our flag and country.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post