SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here's the media trying their best to spin this...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
And of course, all of this shit is now slithering into the classroom. The rare instant the elementary school teacher did the right thing.
Boy, 6, takes a knee for school Pledge of Allegiance—and Mom isn’t pleased about what happened next

And, as usual, the administration doesn't back her up. Kid gets transferred to a different class where I'm sure he'll be allowed to do his kneeling thing, and admin. straddles the fence.

I suppose there is nothing wrong with giving the little tyke an early start on his view to society and his position within it. Or maybe he has been hassled by the man and we don't understand his pain. Or maybe he wants to have a dialog.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The media seems to actually believe that if they continue to beat us with "TRUMP IS BAD" that people will start to believe it.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The media seems to actually believe that if they continue to beat us with "TRUMP IS BAD" that people will start to believe it.

Believe it or not, it seems many have drunk the cool aid being poured by the media. There was a woman on a plane sitting next to me yesterday telling me that the Trumps tax plan was all self interest on his part as he is rich and stands to pay millions a year less because of it. Didn't take long to see the headline on the front page of USA Today saying exactly that.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Report This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
i don't care if they stop kneeling tomorrow, i still won't watch. FTNFL. FTV.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
At the Presidents Cup golf tournament on Thursday, the National Anthem was played, a rare occurance

quote:
As the Golf Channel announcer noted in the broadcast of the Presidents Cup, the national anthem is not usually played before golf matches.

“Everyone around obviously stopped for a moment to honor our country. The national anthem in sports has been in the news… It rarely gets played at golf events,” he said.

Those in charge seemed to have made the right choice:

quote:
“The [U.S.] captain indicated that no protest of any kind would happen here,” the announcer said. “The players stopped their warm up routine, hats off, hands on heart, national anthem sung.”

Three of our ex-Presidents agreed.

The NFL could take a hint from this tournament.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09...residents-cup-video/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Boycotting the league advertisers is a tough thing to do. Many company’s are umbrella company’s with hundreds of other brands under that umbrella. You may not buy Campbell soups any longer but there are dozens of other food brands that belong to Campbell’s that never see any advertising on the NFL. If you buy anything you are most likely supporting them indirectly.

Maybe so but we do what we can. Not buying a lot of the products that we know are associated with the NFL, along with contacting those advertisers and letting them know how we feel is a good start.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it occurs to me that if the NFL is to be believed, then the protests have nothing to do with the country or the anthem....

then perhaps their protest should happen at a random time say, during a touchdown pass, when everyone just takes a knee

that way they can avoid all of the lies they've been perpetuating

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a few posts back, I disagreed w an article JALLEN posted. I was wrong in disagreeing.

The source data for the article is interesting

This is for all adults.

For Trump supporters there is another plot:

no wonder the owners are getting nervous

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Jesse Benn is currently working on his Ph.D and as a teaching assistant in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Wisconsin – Madison.

NFL must love this guy

posted Hide Post
If this is so, why was Obummer standing at the golf match with the other two x-presidents?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
If this is so, why was Obummer standing at the golf match with the other two x-presidents?

Well.... he's half white....
So he was standing up for his white privilege! Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"This is the problem of privilege. It skews our ability to grasp what the world looks like outside our view."

-Jesse Benn, Huffpost

Bwaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
In Breaking News......

Police Departments all over the country are replacing their sirens with the American Anthem............

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
In Breaking News......

Police Departments all over the country are replacing their sirens with the American Anthem............

I don’t often laugh out loud, but when I do, it’s because of a gem like that. Big Grin

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Trump solved another problem.

We went from hands up don't shoot to Stop and Kneel.
Big Grin

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Let me see if I can spin a few headlines on this, modern media style

NFL PLAYER TWEETS OUTRAGEOUS COMMENT, SWIFT BACKLASH

NFL APPROVAL RATINGS THE WORST EVER

PLAYERS, COACHES BLASTED FOR RIDICULOUS ANTHEM PROTEST

NFL COMMISSIONER FAILS TO SEND A POSITIVE MESSAGE, AGAIN

DISRESPECTFUL PLAYERS BOOED BY VETERANS, COPS, FANS

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The American Thinker has an article about the crimes of many of the protesters. Gives refreshed meaning to the phrase 'methinks thou dost protest too much'.

http://www.americanthinker.com...gue_crime_spree.html

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Yahoo Finance poll

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/...tball-163908368.html

Nearly 62% of 9,056 respondents told us they plan to watch less pro football in response to the anthem controversy.

Thirty-six percent said they plan to buy less NFL merchandise, and 32% have chosen not to attend a game they would otherwise have gone to

we only counted answers from people who describe themselves as pro football fans

Do you feel it is wrong for players to kneel during the national anthem: 77% yes

The controversy over NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem--including President Trump's criticism of such players--makes me feel: 71% say less supportive of the NFL

Do you think you'll feel less supportive of the NFL: 74% say Permanently, the damage is done

If the anthem controversy caused NFL team owners and players lasting financial harm:
47% say I would be pleased
30% say I wouldn't care

I think the NFL:
42% Will suffer long-term decline as a result of the anthem controversy
24% Will suffer significant damage from the anthem controversy, but recover
4% Is doomed as a result of the anthem controversy

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
If the owners stand united with the kneelers, why hasn't anyone hired Kaepernick? (the original kneeler)

Maybe because of things like this:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...sata-shakur-n2388788

Former San Francsisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick recently donated $25,000 to a black queer feminist group named after FBI fugitive and convicted cop-killer Assata Shakur

Colin Kaepernick made the $25,000 donation to the group named in honor of the cop-killer, "Assata's Daughters," as part of his goal to provide $100,000 to underprivileged communities. He designated $2,500 specifically for "Cop Watch," a program that trains volunteers to follow and videotape police officers.

During a 2016 practice, Kaepernick wore socks depicting police officers as pigs.