SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
In my opinion [whether] they know it or not, linking arms in "unity" is still sending the original message "fuck the cops"

Exactly sir.....spot on!!! It comes down to "for what is one willing to sell his soul to the devil to justify watching pro football".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
And on a personal level, Delanie Walker, a tight end for the Tennesee Titans, wrote in a post on Instagram that he and his family had received death threats since he spoke in support of the anthem protests. “The racist and violent words directed at me and my son only serve as another reminder that our country remains divided and full of hateful rhetoric,” he wrote.

Typical of the NYT to make Delanie Walker out to be the victim. If you recall, this is the same guy who said this earlier in the week “And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye. I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.”

Granted death threats are a little extreme, but did he really think he could tell the fans to kiss his ass and not get some sort of response in this heated climate?

Ah yes, a story on ESPN website gives us a little perspective on Delanie.

"Delanie Walker did not shoot one of the assault weapons. Delanie Walker did shoot a handgun, and that was after gang members had already started shooting at Aldon's garage,"

Aldon Smith of San Fransisco 49ers Hit with Felony Gun Charges

We need to keep in mind the history of these thugs, why wouldn't they feel oppressed by the Police.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I find it very frustrating that I cannot boycott the NFL, since I never have watched that shit to begin with. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's a long list of advertisers, Jim. I would think that just about every member of this forum can find some company on that list, with which they do business.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
So my daughter's school had team spirit day yesterday. Basically the kids were encouraged to wear the jersey of their favorite sports team. My daughter wore her Arizona Archery Club Pro Staff jersey. I asked she saw anyone wearing an Arizona Cardinals jersey. Her response, "About 50 too many."

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The linking arm thing was clever in that nobody was sure what the hell it meant. Were they honoring the anthem or not? It's as if they were asked that question directly, and replied in the tongue-click language of Khosa. --WTF??

But nobody linked arms in Lambeau stadium. They put their hands over their hearts and sang the National Anthem. As if to say, "We don't know what you are doing. But we know what we are doing."

I doubt the kneeling thing is over. Trouble makers got to make trouble, and you know they are frustrated with linking arms.

But whatever happens now, or doesn't happen, the NFL dealt itself a blow that will cost it billions of dollars, ultimately, and diminish the sport forever.

Nice going, Colin. You are out of work, and yet managed to severely damage the NFL that once employed you. Take a knee in the unemployment line, along with a whole bunch of other traitorous morons. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
There's a long list of advertisers, Jim. I would think that just about every member of this forum can find some company on that list, with which they do business.

I've been contemplating upgrading to an F450, I don't need one, but there are a variety of reasons it would be nice. I'll have to send a letter to someone at Fords explaining why.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately that turd should still be flush with cash. His last contract had $19 million guaranteed.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Boycotting the league advertisers is a tough thing to do. Many company’s are umbrella company’s with hundreds of other brands under that umbrella. You may not buy Campbell soups any longer but there are dozens of other food brands that belong to Campbell’s that never see any advertising on the NFL. If you buy anything you are most likely supporting them indirectly.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thanks for the words of encouragement. Someone beat you to the punch, though.

Don't worry. Our dreams come pre-crushed. It saves time.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Unfortunately that turd should still be flush with cash. His last contract had $19 million guaranteed.

He opted out of his contract to become a free agent. He won't make any money this year from the NFL if he's not on a team.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Hit the poll:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YF_NFL_Poll

Done. Where can we go to see the results??

Survey Closed....Maybe the responses they were getting overwhelmingly didn't fit the narrative they were looking to push! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

He opted out of his contract to become a free agent. He won't make any money this year from the NFL if he's not on a team.

HA HA!
The 49ers would've cut Colin Kaepernick if he hadn't opted out of his contract
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/...out-of-his-contract/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Keep squeezing

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Boycotting the league advertisers is a tough thing to do. Many company’s are umbrella company’s with hundreds of other brands under that umbrella. You may not buy Campbell soups any longer but there are dozens of other food brands that belong to Campbell’s that never see any advertising on the NFL. If you buy anything you are most likely supporting them indirectly.

I'm disgusted with them for supporting the NFL and I no longer want to purchase their products. Hopefully, we'll have an impact on their bottom line and things will change, but either way I still feel good about avoiding their products.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
A new poll shows that the favorability rating of the NFL among Donald Trump supporters was nearly cut in half after more than 200 players kneeled during the national anthem last week.

Morning Consult conducted the survey, and the results are a very bad sign for the NFL.

They released the following data in a press release to The Daily Caller:

NFL’s Brand Favorability Drops To Lowest Point Since Morning Consult Started Tracking: The NFL’s net favorability has dropped from 30% on September 21 to 17% on September 28. On September 21, 25% of Trump supporters said they had a very favorable view of the NFL and 11% had a very unfavorable view. As of Sept 28, those numbers have dramatically changed with 33% of Trump supporters say they have a very unfavorable view of the NFL and 16% report having a very favorable view.
Dropping from 30 percent to only 17 percent in a week is a massive red flag for NFL management. Any smart businessman can look at those numbers and realize the league is now in full crisis mode.

The longer these protests go on the worse things are going get for the NFL, unless something changes. It’s also proof that Trump supporters are more likely to side with the president than the NFL, given the massive protests came after comments he made during an Alabama rally.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And of course, all of this shit is now slithering into the classroom. The rare instant the elementary school teacher did the right thing.
Boy, 6, takes a knee for school Pledge of Allegiance—and Mom isn’t pleased about what happened next

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Rush Limbaugh: The left has hijacked the game of football

Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh weighed in Thursday on the ongoing furor over NFL players kneeling during "The Star-Spangled Banner," telling Fox News' "Hannity" that "the left has hijacked this game."

Previously a devoted pro football fan, Limbaugh told Sean Hannity that he did not watch Sunday's slate of games after hearing of the planned protests by players and vowed "I'm going to be playing golf on Sundays now."

The act of taking a knee during the pregame playing of the national anthem was started by then-San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick last year. Kaepernick said his action was a protest of racial inequality and police brutality.

President Trump brought the protests back into the national spotlight Friday when he asked the crowd at an Alabama rally, "Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say 'get that son of a b---- off the field right now, out, he's fired?'"

Those comments were condemned by NFL owners and dozens of players took a knee prior to the weekend's games, which in turn brought a backlash from some fans.

On Thursday night, Limbaugh told Hannity that the league's owners "have to be scared to death" by the protests and their fallout.

"I don’t think they understand what’s happening to them. I don’t think they understand what’s going on," the veteran radio host said. "They think they’re relating to the majority of their fan base, they’re not! They’re driving them away.

"And I hate it," Limbaugh continued. "I don’t want the NFL to get smaller, I don’t want it to become insignificant, I don’t want it to be taken over by a bunch of wusses. I don’t want it to be taken over by left-wing social justice causes.

Addressing the player protesters, Limbaugh concluded, "Use something besides the NFL sideline, use something besides the flag, use something besides something that people use to escape."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...acked-this-game.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
need to make a retraction see end of post

JALLEN,

I think the authors of the article way underestimated the impact of the survey.

they said "The NFL’s net favorability has dropped from 30% on September 21 to 17% on September 28. "

that implies there was still an overall positive favorability

but that is not what the data showed.

NFL went from 25-11 = 14 % favoravility

to 33-16 = 17 % unfavorability

It indeed was a 31% swing, but it moved from positive to negative

so having said that, I was wrong.

I assumed they defined favorability as the diff between very fav and very unfav (some other polls do it that way)

But I tracked down the source data at

http://view.e.morningconsult.c...6f03d9c816b351a02146

They ask the question "Do you have a favorable or unfavorable impression of the following? NFL"

And in that plot "Favorability" did drop from 30% to 17%

sorry for the confusion

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
And of course, all of this shit is now slithering into the classroom. The rare instant the elementary school teacher did the right thing.
Boy, 6, takes a knee for school Pledge of Allegiance—and Mom isn’t pleased about what happened next

And, as usual, the administration doesn't back her up. Kid gets transferred to a different class where I'm sure he'll be allowed to do his kneeling thing, and admin. straddles the fence.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post