SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
Black people have never been 35% of our population. The most they’ve been was 19% in 1790, in the 1950’s and 60’s they were around 10% and today around 13%.

It is amazing that many people do not realize this. Years ago when the BLM shit was starting to gather steam, I had a discussion with a liberal family member and informed him that the black population was at best 13-14%. He didn't believe me until he started to google the info on his phone at the dinner table. His look of astonishment was priceless. He always thought blacks made up at least 40% of the entire U.S. population.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
If one was running a counter campaign against the "kneelers", a good tactic would be to spread the Villeneuva complete story far and wide.

Army veteran stands alone to honor the flag and anthem, and then has to apologize for throwing his team under the bus.

Throwing his team under the bus for honoring the flag.

There is lots of ammunition to use against the kneelers, but the media are in all out spin mode.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for the next DNC convention and what they do when the national anthem is played.

(If they even play the national anthem at the DNC - probably too 'divisive' for them)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This to me is a lot like that stupid fucking bucket challenge on FB. Soon every lame ass and their cousins were doing it.

Except that was just lame but harmless. This on the other hand brought the national disrespect angle along with it and all the libtards hop along to the beat.

Well, canned the NFL Sunday ticket. NFL will not get my annual $200 donation any longer. Yes that felt good.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
NHL Player Subban says "Absolutely not" to kneeling protests: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/p...nthem-161139398.html

In related news NFL Player Delanie Walker tells fans boycotting over the protests "Bye!"
http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...l-over-protests-bye/

“And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye. I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.”

Be careful what you wish for Delanie....

Attaboy Subban!!!! My in-laws live in Nashville so I'm a closet Preds fan; so nice to see this.

If they NHL plays their cards right, they could pick up a lot of dejected NFL fans.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
NHL Player Subban says "Absolutely not" to kneeling protests: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/p...nthem-161139398.html

In related news NFL Player Delanie Walker tells fans boycotting over the protests "Bye!"
http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...l-over-protests-bye/

“And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye. I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.”

Attaboy Subban!!!! My in-laws live in Nashville so I'm a closet Preds fan; so nice to see this.

If they NHL plays their cards right, they could pick up a lot of dejected NFL fans.

The NHL tends to police itself with an honor code adhered to by the players. There are simply things you have to do, and things you will never do. Crossing those lines never ends well for the offender.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
In case you come across some idiot who thinks the NFL's stance on "police brutality" and "inequality" is a real issue, show them some facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...inue=5&v=UQCQFH5wOJo

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
In the NHL Joel Ward (San Jose Sharks) & Wayne Simmonds (Philadelphia Flyers) have both indicated that they are open to kneeling. I think they may be surprised at the fan response if they do kneel.

Also (per John Shannon of Sportsnet) the NHL Board of Governors believe the anthems are a part of tradition of hockey, especially where the fans sing.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Well, canned the NFL Sunday ticket. NFL will not get my annual $200 donation any longer. Yes that felt good.

Posts: 107509 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
In the NHL Joel Ward (San Jose Sharks) & Wayne Simmonds (Philadelphia Flyers) have both indicated that they are open to kneeling. I think they may be surprised at the fan response if they do kneel.
What, like, together? Their own personal "moment of unification"?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Posts: 107509 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Joel Ward can kiss the bung hole from which I just expelled fecal matter. And I friggin' HATE...LOATHE...the San Jose Sharks. They can screw themselves with a splintery fence post. I'd be willing to bet, that as big a goon as he was in his day, Donald Brashear wouldn't even THINK about pulling this bullshit given his ancestry...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Brashear

I will be very disappointed in Ward if he takes a knee. Really liked his play as a 3rd and 4th liner when he was with the Caps. He was always a solid guy when he was here and did a lot for youth hockey.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'm a Flyers fan, but screw Simmonds if he does that. Keep in mind that Comcast owns the team (along with NBC), so it wouldn't shock me if it's encouraged.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
NHL Player Subban says "Absolutely not" to kneeling protests:

Thank you P.K. Subban for continuing to be a stand-up player.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

posted Hide Post
I bet that the National Anthem will be blacked out for the Packers/Bears game tonight, or the teams will somehow not be on camera during it.

The Media and the NFL have to stop the bleeding somehow. They can't fix the problem, or the perception. Lying hasn't worked. They're going to have to bury it.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
I bet that the National Anthem will be blacked out for the Packers/Bears game tonight, or the teams will somehow not be on camera during it.

The Media and the NFL have to stop the bleeding somehow. They can't fix the problem, or the perception. Lying hasn't worked. They're going to have to bury it.

I hope they do. The sting will be more potent if the anthem shows up on social media because the networks suddenly decided to "black it out".

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Joel Ward can kiss the bung hole from which I just expelled fecal matter. And I friggin' HATE...LOATHE...the San Jose Sharks. They can screw themselves with a splintery fence post. I'd be willing to bet, that as big a goon as he was in his day, Donald Brashear wouldn't even THINK about pulling this bullshit given his ancestry...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Brashear

I will be very disappointed in Ward if he takes a knee. Really liked his play as a 3rd and 4th liner when he was with the Caps. He was always a solid guy when he was here and did a lot for youth hockey.

He's always seemed like a good guy, and he's seen racism. Remember when he sent us to game 7 vs Boston? Hundreds of people tweeted at/about him being a bigger.

I hope he reconsiders. Not sure if he's an American or Canadian, not that matters.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope they do. The sting will be more potent if the anthem shows up on social media because the networks suddenly decided to "black it out".

They "blacked out" all of the booing at several games last weekend. Yep, it all showed up on social media.

However, until the present controversy, which they wanted to show.... they used to air commercials during the national anthem. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
“And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye.

His paycheck, it's just Obama money, comes out of the sky. The greedy owners will just print some more for them when the ex-fans stop spending their money.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
HuffpaintPro says white players who stand for the anthem are racist.

Link to article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
You know how my family shows our unity with our fellow countrymen no matter what their background is? That's right, when the national anthem is played, we stand with our right hand over our hearts, face the American Flag, and sing. All the while thinking about what a great country we live in that so many people have the opportunity to find their own path and of the men and women that paved the way to get us where we are today.

Anything else is a slap in my face. Good bye Green Bay Packers. You were the one team, owned by the people, that I thought would get it.

^This, plus 1000. The GBP fan extension isn't being answered and the VM is full. This response needs to be shouted from the roof tops. If Aaron wants unity, then he without sin can cast the first stone and he can begin to honor his father and mother again, by at least speaking to them.

I've spent thousands on memorabilia and been in Lambeau, but not again, unless they get their s*** straight, tonight, and keep it that way.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post