SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
In this article Odoms says, “The tone/actions of a large number of NFL fans in the midst of our country’s cultural crisis, have convinced me that I do not belong there,”

“I support the protest personally — I fought for that right, but I don’t like people using people like me to attack those people who are exercising their right.”

“If I express how I feel, a segment of the fanbase would attack me.”

His criticism is directed solely at the 'fans'. He's a kneeler....and a pouty one at that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Something about "...the horse he rode in on?" Along with all the other kneelers and posturers.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Odoms quit because he is upset with the fans. He agrees with the kneelers.

Maybe all the kneelers will boycott the fans, quit showing up at games and practices, quit cashing those humongus paychecks and let guys who want to play have a chance.

That'll serve those ignorant buffoons in the stands right!

This does seem to be the trend. The attitude based on willful belief in lies, is resulting in self segregation, racial bias/prejudice and dehumanization to target the other side. We've seen this behavior before, but this time it comes from the former victim subset. I believe it will get far worse before it gets better. I visit several antipodal websites as an observer. What is said in those sites by members who feel free to speak, is revealing. Let's just say the wound is far more septic than the surface indicates. If people are willing to do what they say and advocate, we'd better arm up, train up and watch our 6.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He cannot explain to you what this stupid fucking "protest" is about, any more than the 70-IQ players in the NFL.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
On hold with DirecTV to cancel my NFL sunday ticket. Fuck 'em.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I suspect it would take courtroom class cross examination to extract from these malcontents that what they think is wrong based on bias with distorted facts and few details. Even then, pride and prejudice would prevent their recognition of truth.

I know they think there is racial extermination perpetrated by the police in this country. I know they think there is systemic oppression of their identity group. Here's the truth. Don't resist the cops. Don't threaten the cops. Don't point weapons at the cops and you will not get shot/killed/brutalized. I know you see the exception and imagine it is the rule, but if you cannot deal with truth, you will never be content nor prosper. Secondly, the oppression we see of the people is the result of consequence for choices and behavior. It's not whitey, the man, Trump, the Tea Party, the police, capitalism, disco or whichever other knuckle brained excuse there is for cultural decay. If we are oppressed culturally, it is because of our own immoral behavior or the consequences of immoral people. Period. Face that and we can talk.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:

Apparently a lot of people are doing that. In the "news" on the local Fox affiliate this morning, when they were doing a financial segment with some business reporter type, my wife said she was saying something about it.

If enough people are cancelling these services that it gets mention in a business segment like that, it must be fairly substantial.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:

I cancelled all the sports package and stuff I had on Monday. They put me on hold too, but it was worth it.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I'm done. Fuck them. Fuck them all.

This.
The death of yet another beloved staple I grew up with. Mad

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/...angered-by-protests/

Summary: DTV is offering refunds of Sunday Ticket for fans angry about the kneeling. This is against their normal policy.

DTV said they will not be sharing how many people decide to cancel their sub.

Very interesting, I'd love to know the number, but I understand that they don't want to be in the middle of this. It's toxic for business, so no one wants their name flaunted about with a statistic.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Lockhart says moving forward he things league and players are "in unison" on issues of inequality and won't get distracted from that

The new demographic that the NFL is chasing after now:

Great business model for attracting sponsors.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16658 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Summary: DTV is offering refunds of Sunday Ticket for fans angry about the kneeling. This is against their normal policy.

Excellent!
The players protest the flag based on a lie. They aren't interested in the truth about their perceived injustices regarding race, or about cops killing people based on race.

The only recourse we have is to avoid the entire spectacle. The owners could have nipped this in the bud a year ago when Colin Kapernick started it. They chose not to. Now, they will pay the price.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:

His criticism is directed solely at the 'fans'. He's a kneeler....and a pouty one at that.
..and his reason for being there is because he sings the anthem. So, he's kinda protesting himself..that's some prime self-loathing.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
No doubt because the calls sound like this:

"You can cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket, or you can just go ahead and cancel my DirecTV service altogether."

You can bet on that. Sunbscribers are angry and are already calling in to cancel a portion of their subscription. You can bet that if these people meet any resistance, they then move on to cancel all of it, so no wonder DTV is amending their policy.

When a vendor roadblocks angry customers (because of their "policy") who have already built up momentum, this is what you get.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
No doubt because the calls sound like this:

"You can cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket, or you can just go ahead and cancel my DirecTV service altogether."

You can bet on that. Sunbscribers are angry and are already calling in to cancel a portion of their subscription. You can bet that if these people meet any resistance, they then move on to cancel all of it, so no wonder DTV is amending their policy.

When a vendor roadblocks angry customers (because of their "policy") who have already built up momentum, this is what you get.

Yep, that was most certainly their message.

NFL Redzone is also allowing refunds against normal policy.

I looked this up on Twitter and the left is loosing their minds that DTV is "caving" to us. Now they want to boycott DTV.

It just shows how screwed anyone associated with the NFL is. Ultimately, I would expect folks who can to quietly disassociate themselves with the NFL.

The owners have created a lose/lose situation for sponsors.

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
SMACKDOWN: James Woods blasts the NFL, kneeling and Linda Sarsour with ONE perfect photo

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/...h-one-perfect-photo/

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The backlash is beginning to amuse me. I look forward to hearing how else the NFL can shoot itself in the foot.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Odoms quit because he is upset with the fans. He agrees with the kneelers.

Well that sucks...Did you see a different interview with him or did I just mis-read what's in the article?

In this article Odoms says, “The tone/actions of a large number of NFL fans in the midst of our country’s cultural crisis, have convinced me that I do not belong there,”

“I support the protest personally — I fought for that right, but I don’t like people using people like me to attack those people who are exercising their right.”

“If I express how I feel, a segment of the fanbase would attack me.”

Ah, screw him then. He's a scumbag like the rest of the kneelers.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/...angered-by-protests/

DTV said they will not be sharing how many people decide to cancel their sub.

Very interesting, I'd love to know the number, but I understand that they don't want to be in the middle of this. It's toxic for business, so no one wants their name flaunted about with a statistic.

Guess those boycotts, coupled with social media really don't influence business decisions, well well....

quote:
I looked this up on Twitter and the left is loosing their minds that DTV is "caving" to us. Now they want to boycott DTV.

It just shows how screwed anyone associated with the NFL is. Ultimately, I would expect folks who can to quietly disassociate themselves with the NFL.

The owners have created a lose/lose situation for sponsors.

It has nothing to do with the NFL, it has to do with controlling the narrative about politics in the USA, they want nobody to side with anyone but them on any subject, and if they do then they will unleash their wrath on those (group, people, university, business) it matters not your affiliation only that you pledge allegiance to their cause.

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
quote:

..and his reason for being there is because he sings the anthem. So, he's kinda protesting himself..that's some prime self-loathing.

Yeah, why was he even in the contest in the first place? Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The answer is that he really has no issue with our national anthem, doesn't feel the need to kneel or anything like that, but people with the same color skin are kneeling, so he MUST kneel in "solidairty".

In other words- clueless people who are incapable of thinking for themselves.

Kinda like the name "Washington Redskins" was OK until 2015, and then, SUDDENLY...

GMAFB Roll Eyes

And the same goes for Confederate statues. These things actually mean nothing to these people, but since others of their race and political leanings have made an issue of them, the stupid sheeple have to hop on that train.

But yeah, it's ridiculous: "I sing the Star Spangled Banner and it's just WRONG AND MUST BE PROTESTED!!"

Good grief. Roll Eyes Fuckin' imbeciles, man. Really