SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone looked at their state's reciprocity map lately?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone looked at their state's reciprocity map lately? Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted
Wow, I have not looked closely for years, but this year decided to let my FL lapse. The road trip to WY and MT camping seems nearly CCW permitted.

How accurate are web sites like this?

https://www.usacarry.com/conce...eciprocity_maps.html

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I prefer handgunlaw.us by our very own Gary Slider. He updates it on a regular basis and usually posts interesting changes here.

As always, you're responsible for knowing the and verifying the law(s).

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I only have my resident Utah permit and non-resident Arizona permit, and this is how I'm covered. I use a CCW app that is updated constantly, so I have faith that it's pretty accurate. One should always do his due diligence however and always go right to the source and double check the state he'll be visiting.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I prefer handgunlaw.us by our very own Gary Slider.

Thanks for the reminder!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I somehow missed that GA now accepts my state's permit as of 4/20. Makes a drive south much easier now.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
For me, the biggest pain in the ass was that NV didn't reciprocate with my CA permit, but NV started recently accepting non-resident AZ permits so I got one of those.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have, and I actually just drove from Michigan to NC and was able to carry the entire vacation.

It was fantastic.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I use a CCW app that is updated constantly

What app are you using

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

What app are you using

It's the CCW-Concealed Carry 50 State Guide.

If I recall correctly, I had to pay for the app. $1.99 I believe. But I'm pretty happy with it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
For me, the biggest pain in the ass was that NV didn't reciprocate with my CA permit, but NV started recently accepting non-resident AZ permits so I got one of those.

NV started accepting non-resident AZ permits again. They've dropped them before and could drop them again. It's actually the whole reason why I originally got the AZ permit was just for NV. Was super happy when they started recognizing them again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

NV started accepting non-resident AZ permits again. They've dropped them before and could drop them again. It's actually the whole reason why I originally got the AZ permit was just for NV. Was super happy when they started recognizing them again.

I was wondering how you got reciprocity with Nevada. My Colorado permit doesn't have it.

Might have to get that app - thanks!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing, I had gotten the UT for NV but right when I sent my UT application in, UT got dropped by NV, so then when I heard NV was honoring AZ, I applied for the AZ but as luck would have it, NV dropped AZ but finally, NV recognizes AZ Roll Eyes

quote:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I recall correctly, I had to pay for the app. $1.99 I believe. But I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's also easy (takes a day and a trip to the local Sheriffs office) to get a non-resident NV permit.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

What app are you using

Does it allow you o select NON resident CCL's?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
What the hell happened to Minnesota?

Utah was honored there for a long time

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Yes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
What the hell happened to Minnesota?

Utah was honored there for a long time

Really? I don't recall when they honored our permit.

According to my app though, Minnesota somewhat recently dropped AR, OH, OK, and TN. What's up, Minnesota?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Yes.

Thanks!
Sold!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post