SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Serious hail damage in Alabama
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious hail damage in Alabama Login/Join 
posted
I am glad I do not own this car dealership. Pics are impressive. Here is the link:

http://www.al.com/expo/erry-20....html#incart_m-rpt-2

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Just imagine how busy the roofing companies will be as well as the body shops Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
We had a hail storm last summer just west of Denver that destroyed an entire Mall.
A whole Mall!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pretty bad deal and everything

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
We had grapefruit sized hail in parts of AL.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I am glad I do not own this car dealership. Pics are impressive. Here is the link:

http://www.al.com/expo/erry-20....html#incart_m-rpt-2

I wonder if any locals hurt?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Just imagine how busy the roofing companies will be as well as the body shops Eek

Every roofing company, mobile paintless dent removal service, from here to California has already descended up us. LOL

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
I live in Cullman County just 20 miles east of Cullman where this hit. The same storm passed right over my house. Fortunately the hail that hit us was small. I had the foresight to put my vehicles under cover but several neighbors did not and received damage. Driving through Cullman and looking at the damage first hand all I can say is the pictures don't even begin to tell the story.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mikes weather page had pictures posted of hail that was the size of a mans hand. Crazy stuff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
What a mess. A year ago, one of my BIL had hail damage to his car that was no where near that kind of damage and they quoted them $1800 just to remove some small dents. I would hate to see the total cost of repairing all of that. Eek

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
we had a storm last May that dropped Golf Ball sized hail

about $4K in damage to my Mini Cooper,
almost $3k in damage to my Tundra
new siding on the house,
new roof ,

just about every house within a mile or so radius was hit, most got a new roof, some siding etc,

one neighbor lost a couple windows,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I work for Enterprise, and we have been moving cars from other branches in MS, TN and GA just to handle the demand for rental cars at the Cullman area. I’ve been driving all week long doing this, and so far we’ve brought in over 500 cars!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I bet a lot of those are totaled due to the body damage, look at the dent in the back of this SUV

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago procrastination paid huge dividends for me. The house was about ready for a new roof, I'd been putting it off, paying hunting outfitters rather than roofers.

Fall saw a huge hail storm. Pretty much every roof over 5 yrs old got replaced. Two months of nail guns and rollaway dumpsters parked in every block.

I or the wife ran off countless shysters or con artists. Most promised me they would or could scam our insurance company out of a couple thousand bucks to get us a little vacation time while they fixed our roof "better than new".

Be careful, make sure your insurance doesn't screw you, make double sure your roofer doesn't screw you twice. Materials and poor installation.

Get ready for flat tires in your future, millions of nails are going to be released into polite society.

That SUV photo reminds me of a storm at our warehouse. Hail punching holes through the roofs of insulated semi trailers. The employee lot looked like something out of a war torn country. So much glass it took a sweeper and bobcat to get rid of it. Most cars were totaled, not a single widow survived.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Now wait just a goddam minute! What the hell is this? Is this a 1977 mercedes 450 sl for 24000 dollars? That's too fucking high!

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
A couple years ago procrastination paid huge dividends for me. The house was about ready for a new roof, I'd been putting it off, paying hunting outfitters rather than roofers.

Fall saw a huge hail storm. Pretty much every roof over 5 yrs old got replaced. Two months of nail guns and rollaway dumpsters parked in every block.

I or the wife ran off countless shysters or con artists. Most promised me they would or could scam our insurance company out of a couple thousand bucks to get us a little vacation time while they fixed our roof "better than new".

Be careful, make sure your insurance doesn't screw you, make double sure your roofer doesn't screw you twice. Materials and poor installation.

Get ready for flat tires in your future, millions of nails are going to be released into polite society.

That SUV photo reminds me of a storm at our warehouse. Hail punching holes through the roofs of insulated semi trailers. The employee lot looked like something out of a war torn country. So much glass it took a sweeper and bobcat to get rid of it. Most cars were totaled, not a single widow survived.

wife and I went to a local supply company to look at siding,

while there we chatted up the counter guys and found out who to avoid,

ended up with a new roof (upgrade etc) for what the insurance would cover,

insurance would only replace the sides damaged on the siding, so we had some guys we knew (and recommended by the supply house as good to go) replace it all at about 1/3rd what the folks recommended by the insurance co wanted,

we were still out of pocket a bit, but will not have to worry about siding or a roof for 25 yrs or so

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those cars are SMOKED!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
A news report said that 50-60 cars were totaled. Those are probably used one.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:

wife and I went to a local supply company to look at siding,

while there we chatted up the counter guys and found out who to avoid,

ended up with a new roof (upgrade etc) for what the insurance would cover,

insurance would only replace the sides damaged on the siding, so we had some guys we knew (and recommended by the supply house as good to go) replace it all at about 1/3rd what the folks recommended by the insurance co wanted,

we were still out of pocket a bit, but will not have to worry about siding or a roof for 25 yrs or so

Sounds like your in good shape. I realize it varies, but here they must do all the siding if you can see a different look. Something to consider, states may well have different policies.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update on the size of the hail. LINK:

http://www.al.com/news/index.s..._says_cullman_h.html

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post