SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'Getting even': OJ Simpson joins Twitter 25 years after murder of ex-wife
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'Getting even': OJ Simpson joins Twitter 25 years after murder of ex-wife Login/Join 
posted
His first post is a classic. I guess he thinks he will be doing Hertz commercials in the near future. If not maybe he can shill for Medicare like Joe Namath. Here is the story:

O.J. Simpson joined Twitter a quarter-century after the double murder he was accused of, posting a video saying that he had “a little getting even to do.”

The former NFL star and actor, 71, tweeted a selfie video and hours later had accumulated more than 150,000 followers to his @TheRealOJ32 account. His social media debut came 25 years and two days after his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman were stabbed to death outside her Los Angeles home.

Simpson pleaded not guilty to their murder and was acquitted in 1995. He was later found liable for the death in a 1997 civil case and spent nine years in prison for armed robbery and kidnapping before being released in 2017.

“Hey Twitter world, this is yours truly,” Simpson said in his video. “Now, coming soon to Twitter, you’ll get to read all my thoughts and opinions on just about everything. Now, there’s a lot of fake OJ accounts out there. So this one, @TheRealOJ32 is the only official one. So, this should be a lot of fun.

“I’ve got a little getting even to do. So God bless. Take care."

LINK: https://www.washingtonexaminer...er-murder-of-ex-wife

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
He also uses @IdiditOJ32

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Twitter has golf courses?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
How this guy can afford more than a flip phone really pisses me off!

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Isn't he on parole? I'd be careful about playing too much on social media while on parole. There will most definitely be some scams and ploys to bait him into getting violated. And he will probably take the bait. Not that I'd shed a teat for his going back to the joint.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Why does this remind me of …

?

And isn't he on parole? Shouldn't he be careful about what, if anything, he puts out on social media? He should be lying low and keeping his nose clean.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Twitter is a cesspool so he's right at home.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Twitter is a cesspool so he's right at home.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He will rise to the top since shit floats.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
How this guy can afford more than a flip phone really pisses me off!

OJ still gets his NFL pension estimated around $20,000 to $25,000 per month. I don’t know the exact amount but a jury said he was innocent and pensions are protected.

Do I think he’s guilty? Yes.
Do I think he’s a scum bag? Yes.
Do I think he should rot in hell? Yes.
I hope his parole officer drags him in for questioning.

But pensions are protected. Thank God.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda surprised he survived the jug.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I’ve got a little getting even to do. So God bless. Take care."

Really? Who do you have to get even with?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
He was found not guilty by a jury who heard all the evidence, not just three minutes the drive by media presented nor what the midnight comedians joked about.

People need to build a bridge and get over it. God is our ultimate judge.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
He was also harried into a civil trial (which was practically unheard of after a "not guilty" verdict in a criminal trial) by a bunch of batshit loons who seemed a lot more interested in a fat payday and getting their faces on TV than upset about Nicole Brown's death. Fuck the vultures.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
OJs hell is to be ignored. I do what I can to facilitate that.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I’ve got a little getting even to do.

Weren't those his words that one weekend in 'Vegas???

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

People need to build a bridge and get over it.

The eloquence and simplicity of that phrase just made my day. Thank you.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
He was found not guilty by a jury who heard all the evidence, not just three minutes the drive by media presented nor what the midnight comedians joked about.

People need to build a bridge and get over it. God is our ultimate judge.

Yet.... He was CONVICTED of armed robbery and several other charges in Las Vegas by a court who heard all the evidence. Therefore, by definition, this makes him a "thug."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
hours later had accumulated more than 150,000 followers

People love a good train wreck when they see it coming.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
OJs hell is to be ignored. I do what I can to facilitate that.

Big Grin
Me too.
I was just out of law school during his trial 25 years ago. It was fascinating to watch.
Now... he's not worth my attention.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I truly think the guy has been hit in the head too many times.... Traumatic brain injury.
I expect that he will soon do something that gets him back into trouble. At 71 y.o., I expect that the brain damage will become more and more obvious....maybe that's a little justice ?

( and , yes, I think he's guilty !)

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post