SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hurcules Trailer Tires Any Good
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurcules Trailer Tires Any Good Login/Join 
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted
Size needed will be ST215/75R14. Anyone have or had this tire brand. Was told they are made by Cooper and that's about all I know.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Here's their informative website

http://herculestire.com/#loaded

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Can I recommend going to the American Made Goodyear Endurance at about $90 in that size? They're a bit more expensive but I replace my china-bomb Westlakes with them and couldn't be happier. If price is the object, I also recommend the Carlisle HD at about $80 each. How much weight are we talking? The Goodyears are rated at almost 4K each and the Carlisles are only C rated.

ETA: sorry, the Endurance in that size are only D-rated, my bad

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May I give a hardy second to the Goodyear Endurance mentioned by TexasScrub. I too had issues (blowouts) with the Chinese tires.

Make it count

Posts: 1411 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
We sell a lot more Carlisles than anything else.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Where I work, we only use Carlisle and Goodyear.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are not built by Cooper, they are built in China. If you want a good trailer tire look at Maxxis.

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The Maxxis is higher than the Goodyear Endurance but Simple Tire has them for $84 each:

https://simpletire.com/maxxis-...r14-tl12474000-tires

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't skimp on a trailer tire. Goodyears are what I'd go with.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post