SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. Login/Join 
posted
My son and I will be spending a Sunday night in Savannah soon. We are coming up I-95 from Florida and will be staying at a hotel right off of I-95. I am looking for a good place to eat dinner. Preferably not a chain. Something that is unique to Savannah. I am not to concerned about price. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you, Ironworker.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife & I had dinner here last fall:
https://alligatorsoul.com/

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebo
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed both of these places during our visit.

http://treylorparksavannah.com
*pb&j wings, so good.

https://bmatthewseatery.com

Posts: 51 | Location: Lake Havasu, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
Olde Pink House

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Don't waste your time/money at The Lady & Sons...Paula Deen's restaurant. My mother's cooking is as good or better. I honestly can't remember where we ate the last time I was there, so I can't offer suggestions of where to eat; just where not to.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I think we ate at Huey's on River street. I know we walked up a set of stairs outside to get to it. You want to check out River Street whether you eat there or not. We took a trolley tour and really enjoyed it. Hop on and off as you please. Cool town. Enjoy.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spanky's they have chicken finger and beer, what else do you need?

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crystal Beer Parlour in a heartbeat

Posts: 36 | Location: GA | Registered: June 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Right off the Expressway. Wear your loosest pants. http://shellhouseseafoodsavannah.com/

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I enjoy Huey’s on the river when I’m in town.

Park in one of the public garages up the hill and enjoy the historic walk (about 2-3 blocks) to the river / Hueys.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Lots of good suggestions

I will add Garibaldi’s as well.

I agree with avoiding lady and sons. When she was in her old location before she got famous the food was amazing

At the new location it’s just a tourist trough and trap

For a real southern family style meal go to Mrs Wilkes Boarding House on Jones street

Be warned, it’s true family style...you get seated 10 to a table, whether there are 10 in your party or not...so make some new friends Smile. It’s wise to arrive early...the line can get quite long

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vic40204
posted Hide Post
Vic's On the River

Vic Johnson

Posts: 798 | Location: Augusta, Georgia. | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to an Air Force reunion with my Dad there many years ago . They arranged for a room at some supposedly fancy restaurant with a choice of steak or seafood platter . Being from Louisiana , I wanted to try their version of the platter . Worst meal my entire stay in Savannah . I wish I could remember the name of the place .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Lots of good suggestions

I will add Garibaldi’s as well.

I agree with avoiding lady and sons. When she was in her old location before she got famous the food was amazing

At the new location it’s just a tourist trough and trap

For a real southern family style meal go to Mrs Wilkes Boarding House on Jones street

Be warned, it’s true family style...you get seated 10 to a table, whether there are 10 in your party or not...so make some new friends Smile. It’s wise to arrive early...the line can get quite long

I believe Mrs Wilkes is lunch only. But great food!

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yes! Should have posted that...my fault...mrs Wilkes is only lunch.

It just pains me when people go to lady and sons but have no idea mrs Wilkes exists

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
The Olde Pink House and Crystal Beer Parlour are great choices.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We went to a place on River Street called Barracuda Bobs.My son found it somehow. It was very good. Thanks to all that answered.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edit: Oops, saw you already went. Sorry, missed the date.

Another (the 3rd?) recommendation for Crystal Beer Parlor. It's just off / at the end of the main drag, so might have better luck parking.

Or head out towards Tybee Island for some Wiley's Championship BBQ.

- Brian

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||

Posts: 411 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post