SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Protest ignites after Chicago police fatally shoot man
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protest ignites after Chicago police fatally shoot man Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Clean shoot.

Body cams win again.

The next march will be to protest body cams. These hate groups hate that these things have shown the vast, vast majority of their BS protests to be based on bogus information.

Big +1.

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
...I'm pretty fuckin sure that everyone is "aware" to the point that it's become an over used punchline...

I spent most of my working career in downtown Chicago. Now, there's no way I'd step foot in it, even if I was armed. Black violence is pandemic, and I won't risk my ass there.

CPD SIG, you and I agreed that there were no Good Guys in the Laquan MacDonald situation -- not the guy who abused the corpse, not those who covered it up including the States Attorney, and especially not the wise-assed punk with the knife who started the whole thing.

All I'm saying, for now, is that this doesn't fit the behavior of a CCW carrier. IF HE REALLY WAS ONE!!!!!

By the way, one reason I didn't bother to get a license myself is that the IL law is too repressive. As it was originally passed, even printing is a felony. That's got to tell you something about the attitude of the various government agencies.

I think the problem you are making and one many make is that you are equating what you would do as a law abiding citizen with what they do. This guy and his kind are not,they are different from you and me. That’s why they do what they do.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Given the number of officers surrounding him, this looks like it might be "sudden impulse" suicide by cop.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Must have been an Uncle Mike's holster...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Officers responded to a gang fight. They see that the deceased was part of it, don't know if bystander or participant. Officers see he has a gun, and the rest is on the video.

Bad guy didn't have a CCW.
A few arrests, no felonies.

It gets better... the commander of the district, (female black, white t shirt and all the bracelets Roll Eyes ) stated at some point, something to the effect of "give them room to do what they're doing"....
another merrit hack promotion.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NewToSig, I don't think you're cynical at all. I think you're rather realistic. There's a few more than just the 3 of us here on Sig Forum. My neighbors are regularly wearing MAGA shirts & hats. Pretty much an enclave of cops & firemen. Big 2nd Amendment supporters....

There's a scant few neighborhoods like that here. Sadly, we are grossly outnumbered by the Libs.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A few arrests, no felonies...

Not smart enough to give up at that point, so I guess it's:

Fuck him.

Thanks for checking it out.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It was a good shoot, but the BLM types will only know the first narrative that an innocent young black man was hunted and murdered by the police. Trayvon. Michael Brown. Etc.

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

IMO, that was a given, especially in Chicago.

BamaJeepster said it all.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
He had his hand firmly on the pistol in an attempted draw when he got leakified.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The time has come where the cops need to stop mollycoddling the street trash. They need to spell out loudly and vociferously that this man created his own demise. Enough of the tiptoeing around this shit. Scream it in these thugs faces, then forcefully shut down any “protest” that ensues.

I am so sick of these instances where the friends, neighbors, and strangers looking for a good chance to destroy are allowed to run rampant because they have a problem accepting the truth.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The officer took CPD SIG's advice:"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
[Police Supt] Johnson said police checked “every database” and could find no evidence Augustus had a concealed carry permit, and there was no question he was armed when he was shot."

Yep. As the story develops facts emerge. The article did say he had a FOID card. That is clearly not a CCW.
Yeah, a FOID card is required to buy firearms and ammuntion, it is NOT a Concealed Carry Permit in any regard.

https://www.ispfsb.com/public/foid.aspx

And even so, that behavior while having a CC permit will get you shot and killified.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
[Police Supt] Johnson said police checked “every database” and could find no evidence Augustus had a concealed carry permit, and there was no question he was armed when he was shot."

Yep. As the story develops facts emerge. The article did say he had a FOID card. That is clearly not a CCW.
Yeah, a FOID card is required to buy firearms and ammuntion, it is NOT a Concealed Carry Permit in any regard.

https://www.ispfsb.com/public/foid.aspx

And even so, that behavior while having a CC permit will get you shot and killified.

From the not police friendly Slate. The article is titled: “Chicago’s Abusive Police State Is Untenable”

“In a statement, the CPD said that Augustus—who had a firearm license but no permit for concealed carry—had initially been approached for “exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.”

Give such a biased source, the no CCW issue is over.

https://slate.com/news-and-pol...te-is-untenable.html

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

Good - it won't change the narrative, hands up don't shoot but it's good to have that fact and the video for anyone with a brain to make their own judgement.

Dude knew he didn't have a permit but probably told everyone he did, that he was 'legit' with his gat and his holster, all legal as stuff. But when it came time to talk to the police, he KNEW he was in the wrong and made a really bad decision, which cost him his life.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Good - it won't change the narrative, hands up don't shoot but it's good to have that fact and the video for anyone with a brain to make their own judgement.

Dude knew he didn't have a permit but probably told everyone he did, that he was 'legit' with his gat and his holster, all legal as stuff. But when it came time to talk to the police, he KNEW he was in the wrong and made a really bad decision, which cost him his life.

And the more the public lies to itself about what happened the less the public will learn from it. Cycle continues.

posted Hide Post
If he lived in the hood, is internal "training" would be to pull a gun and defend against hood rats. So, in a stress situation, his training kicked it, and he started to pull the gun to protect himself.

Could be this, coupled with paranoia, etc, that led him to pull a gun when he should not have.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

https://i.imgur.com/M7Lc67l.jpg

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
The dead guy was raised in a culture of distrusting the police. So compliance was not an option.

That leaves fight, or flight. He chose flight.

What infuriates me the most about this, based on what I’ve heard on the news from members of the “community”, is how quick they are to dismiss unlawful behavior. “Yeah, maybe he wasn’t carrying legally, he appears to attempt a draw, but he shouldn’t get shot for that!”

Why not?

It seems that most of these folks think they should be able to run away, resist arrest, fight, do whatever they want and there won’t be any repercussions.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:....And the more the public lies to itself about what happened the less the public will learn from it. Cycle continues.

Goebbels lives.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post