SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Protest ignites after Chicago police fatally shoot man
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protest ignites after Chicago police fatally shoot man Login/Join 
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
People who claim to have known the guy said he had a Concealed Carry Permit. Police deny, news reports unconfirmable, usual confusion, but if he did have a permit, that could change things.

What would it change and in what context?

My personal disdain for this is what others have already posted. People are being murdered daily (on average) and yet there is no protest when that happens.

Its the purest form of hypocrisy practiced on the planet.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
"They thought he appeared to be reaching for a weapon, which he did have a weapon on him, and the officers tragically shot him," he said.

Notice how they used the term "tragically". We have no idea if this was a tragic shooting or not yet. But that won't stop the media from pushing an agenda. That word makes a line that could be stating just facts into a line stating facts and opinin. Subtle, but there.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
quote:
People who claim to have known the guy said he had a Concealed Carry Permit. Police deny, news reports unconfirmable, usual confusion, but if he did have a permit, that could change things.

Credibility of the police who were involved in the killing. Why would the dead guy (I'm not ready to call him "victim" yet!!!) not announce immediately that he had a permit? Just say'n.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9146 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would venture to say that Chicago has been so anti-gun for so long that the police may be conditioned by experience to assume any gun is a threat. Legal civilian carry is very new to Illinois. Of course, the specifics of this case should determine its outcome.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
[Dirty Harry in Magnum Force] Nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot. So did the guy need shooting or not?
quote:
Some people claimed a female officer shot the man at least five times in the back as he ran away, the newspaper reported.

This is so over the top and farfetched as to not be credible.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Credibility of the police who were involved in the killing. Why would the dead guy (I'm not ready to call him "victim" yet!!!) not announce immediately that he had a permit? Just say'n.

Having a permit and announcing that you do still doesn't mean the shoot couldn't also be good. It could change nothing.

In terms of the fake protests, in fact it doesn't change anything out all. Fake outrage start to finish.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Wake me when they start protesting the "black on black" violence that happens daily...

You'll be asleep for a long time.

We assisted a neighboring city on Wednesday with a black on black murder. Nothing but animosity from the public while we tried to solve it. Arrested two black suspects. Nothing but hatred towards us.

Last night they had a vigil for the deceased thug and started up again and we had to go in and assist again and break it up. Thankfully our K9 was working last night and he broke things up pretty quick. Nobody wants to get bit.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107509 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
"They thought he appeared to be reaching for a weapon, which he did have a weapon on him, and the officers tragically shot him," he said.

Notice how they used the term "tragically". We have no idea if this was a tragic shooting or not yet. But that won't stop the media from pushing an agenda. That word makes a line that could be stating just facts into a line stating facts and opinin. Subtle, but there.

Agree. Just give me the facts and I'll determine whether or not it's tragic. I see this kind of shit all the time. Our local news typically comes out with a lead in "Horrible story". Just tell me what happened. If an entire family was killed by a drunk driver I can determine whether or not it's horrible.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My personal disdain for this is what others have already posted. People are being murdered daily (on average) and yet there is no protest when that happens.

Its the purest form of hypocrisy practiced on the planet.

There was a protest. That phake phather phleger had one last week and kinda shut down an expressway. An expressway, not the neighborhoods where the shootings occur on a daily basis, not his own parish where shootings, homicides, drug deals, car jackings occur all the time... an expressway, to inconvenience other people.
And the mayor signed off on it.
It was "to bring awareness" to all the violence. I'm pretty fuckin sure that everyone is "aware" to the point that it's become an over used punchline.

it's not hypocrisy, it's stupidity.

The hypocrisy occurs when they wont even come forward when there's a black on black homicide. When one OF THEIR OWN get's killed. crickets... No one sees notin', no one says notin'. But when the Police shoots Lil Homie, every swinging dick in the universe is out on the street from around the corner, 5 blocks away... "I seent it alls! Dem RACIST ASS POLICE EXIKUTED my man fo no good reason!"
"People who 'claim' to have known him"... one simple question- What's his name? Concealed Cary Permit? No more so than I have my PhD from Harvard.

Of course, "pookie" was just finna turn his life around. He didnt do nuffin. That was a cellphone/H.S. Diploma/Bible in his hand.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having a permit and announcing that you do still doesn't mean the shoot couldn't also be good. It could change nothing...

Roll Eyes
How about we keep an open mind?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9146 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

It would, but...

Having a Michigan CPL, I'd be inclined to be doubly careful of my movements around police officers during a stop of any kind and the first words out of my mouth, as soon as possible, would be "I have a Michigan CPL and I'm carrying. What do you want me to do?"

Anything other than that as asking to get shot, IMO.

Curious why he ran if he had a permit. Just saying.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Curious why he ran if he had a permit. Just saying.

EXACTLY this.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Having a permit and announcing that you do still doesn't mean the shoot couldn't also be good. It could change nothing...

Roll Eyes
How about we keep an open mind?

I'll keep an open mind
You willing to keep an open wallet?

I got $20 sayin he never came close to ever having a concealed carry permit.

-No, I dont have an inside edge on this bet, I just know the neighborhood.

Don't let the media guide you. Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The march is doing wonders.

8:00a Shoot-o-Rahm-a Tally: 4 killed, 20 wounded

quote:
CHICAGO — Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced Sunday that more than 50 new police officers will soon hit the streets across Chicago, providing a boost to their beats as the city continues its battle against violent crime.

According to Emanuel, Chicago saw a decline of more than 100 homicides last year, the most drastic one-year reduction in more than a decade. As one more step in the city's anti-crime efforts, Emanuel said more than 50 new officers will be deployed in police districts around the city. It's all part of the city's crime reduction strategy of adding 1,000 new officers to the force.

That moron is proud of his record? he doesn't tell them that while he added 50, twice that left the department. He stripped all the other divisions to put people in uniform.

He also left out those great numbers were 180 higher than two years prior.

Final 2017 Totals
Shot & Killed: 625
Shot & Wounded: 2936
Total Shot: 3561
Total Homicides: 682

Final 2016 Totals
Shot & Killed: 722
Shot & Wounded: 3658
Total Shot: 4380
Total Homicides: 808

Final 2015 Totals
Shot & Killed: 449
Shot & Wounded: 2547
Total Shot: 2996
Total Homicides: 511

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
...I'm pretty fuckin sure that everyone is "aware" to the point that it's become an over used punchline...

I spent most of my working career in downtown Chicago. Now, there's no way I'd step foot in it, even if I was armed. Black violence is pandemic, and I won't risk my ass there.

CPD SIG, you and I agreed that there were no Good Guys in the Laquan MacDonald situation -- not the guy who abused the corpse, not those who covered it up including the States Attorney, and especially not the wise-assed punk with the knife who started the whole thing.

All I'm saying, for now, is that this doesn't fit the behavior of a CCW carrier. IF HE REALLY WAS ONE!!!!!

By the way, one reason I didn't bother to get a license myself is that the IL law is too repressive. As it was originally passed, even printing is a felony. That's got to tell you something about the attitude of the various government agencies.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
So far I only see the 'claim' that he had a permit. A claim that was probably made by one of the dirtbags who "Saw it all!! He was executed by the Po-lice!! Shot in the back as he was running away on his knees!!"

I'd like to see some actual evidence this guy has a valid CCW. Until then I'm not buying it.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:

I'd like to see some actual evidence this guy has a valid CCW. Until then I'm not buying it.

Pretty much that's where I'm at, too.

This is a new excuse on the part of the Dindoo Muffins brigade, and watching Pfakir Pfleger's riot last week, those people aren't smart enough to think of something like that without help.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
There were also claims from people (and folks Wink)in the neighborhood that he was unarmed. At this point believe nothing. A couple of the comments posted to this on Second City Cop Blog said there was video of the incident. One said thug pointed a pistol at officers. Perhaps this was information shared to the media but they declined to report it, because it does not fit their narrative.

Almost all stories on shootings now are suspect on their veracity and truthfulness: some are just post shooting ramblings and statements by by idiots. Remember the New York City Hammer Attacker? Remember how he attacked two cops in the middle of a intersection and while being assaulted by him with a hammer, they shoot him? At least two idiots showed up to local media outlets swearing that the police shoot him after he was in handcuffed and sitting on the ground or running away from police:
Witnesses False Statements

Of course the video of the intersection covered the entire incident:

Others are just basically news releases of the lawsuit or planned lawsuit which the media publishes in full without any investigation.

Fake news doesn't just happen to President Trump.

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Wouldn't it be easier to just wall the south and west sides off from the rest of Chicago? Give the police hating people what they want: no police. Let them solve their own problems. Let the animals kill each other.

I've been advocating that for years...let them burn their homes down.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post