SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What band hooked you?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What band hooked you? Login/Join 
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
It’s a Beautiful Day

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
The Killers are a fun band to see live.

Have seen them 3 times - Vegas, Atlanta, Raleigh.

------------------------

saw them in MD and Merriwether Post maybe 5 yrs ago,

excellent show

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
No one band. It changes all the time. I drift from genre to genre, discover new artists, buy their music, see them live. Often, I let them go after awhile. Still like the Rolling Stones, and listen to their music on occasion. Mark Knopfler remains. Emmylou Harris as well.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Mark Knopfler remains.

New album next month. Smile

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCR and America.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Mark Knopfler remains.

New album next month. Smile

Yep. There’s a video of an early release of the single, “Good On You, Son” from the album. I made a comment about the video and just this morning found that Mark hisself responded to my comment. I then sent him a message telling him that I appreciated his response to me. Damned if he didn’t write back a “you’re welcome.”

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Van Halen with DLR, then Sammie vocals.

Boston was up there as well and in my later college years/mid-twenties, DMB was big. Must have gone to at least a half dozen DMB concerts.

No band though seems to match my resonance with VH.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
Nazareth. Hair of the dog-I heard it and I was hooked!

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nightwish. Tarja Turunen was mesmerizing.

Near and dear are Simon & Garfunkle, Peter, Paul, and Mary, and the Indigo Girls.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nine Inch Nails

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Elvis, Jerry Lee, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Everly Brothers, Brenda Lee, Del Shannon, et al primed the pump and then at age 13 I saw the Rolling Stones on Hollywood Palace. Things went in a different direction after that but country music has always been a stronger influence on me than rock n roll.

I do love The Band, especially their run from the late 60s thru mid 70s. J Geils played Louisville 4 or 5 times a year early 70s. Hard driving bluesy rock that got the crowd moving. ZZ Top always fun, Eagles and The Byrds.

Late 70s throughout the 90s I've seen Delbert McClinton wind up a crowd like he was giving away money. My favorite live performer ever but there are many close seconds.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beatles. Unless you were there and old enough to take it in, you can't imagine the phenomenon. I was ten years old, into music as far back as I can remember, and it was amazing.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:...
The greatest rock "hook" of all time, however, has to be those two notes.....by Hendrix.

I think I'm hearing Purple Haze here...

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it was AC/DC.
Just as I was really getting into them as I finished high school and started college, Bon Scott drank himself to death. My friends and I all thought it was over for the Thunder From Down Under.
Then we heard that they got a new front man named Brian Johnson to replace Bon. I'll never forget my college roommate and I putting the Back In Black album on the turntable for the first time. When those ominous notes of an immense bell burst through the massive speakers in our dorm room as Hells Bells opened up followed by the Young brothers guitars.. Now that was a HOOK!! Then the hook was properly set with the second song Shoot To Thrill, still my favorite song off that album. But the album just kept going with one awesome song after another until finishing with Rock & Roll Ain't Noise Pollution. Every song got AirPlay on the radio. Not surprising since it is the world's 2nd best selling album of all time.
But listening to them in a dorm room can't compare to seeing them perform live. Fortunately I have seen them do so on 4 occasions, For Those About To Rock, Ballbreaker, and Rock & Roll Train (twice) concerts. I am thankful to have experienced each one. RIP Bon and Malcolm.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
The Eagles
and Fleetwood Mac

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guns and Roses

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2839 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Always been a Seger and Silver Bullet kind of guy

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Led Zeppelin the day I heard "Over, Under, Sideways, Down"

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post