SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My mom is gone
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My mom is gone Login/Join 
posted
Early this afternoon I got some devastating news, my mom has died from natural causes. I'm in shock don't know which way is up. I lost my dad when I was 5 in a car accident, so I was even closer to my mom. I knew it was coming eventually but never thought it would happen so soon. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers in advance.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences James.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss . Frown

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
There are few things harder in life than loosing a parent.
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear this. I wish you comfort and peace.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences. I know just what you're feeling. And knowing it will eventually fade, just a little, is scant comfort. It will get better though.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Where are you so those of us so inclined could help you with a meal, or a sympathetic ear etc. if needed?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Where are you so those of us so inclined could help you with a meal, or a sympathetic ear etc. if needed?

Kansas and thanks

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family.

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss and prayers headed your way. ...................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Deepest condolences.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom. I've prayed that the One who can do so, will comfort you during this really tough time.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss, losing a parent is hard. It's been 20 years since I lost my dad, I still tear up at times when I think about him.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry. I know what it feels like and it's terrible.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry for your loss. My mom passed away nearly five years ago and I think of her daily, by coincidence today, while looking for something, I found a photo of her with some cousins that I had never seen before. In an earlier time I might have been more emotional, but today it made me smile. I hope that, with the passage of time, you will be able to think of your mother and the good things her memory brings.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post