SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well, I'll start a thread about the Manchester bombing...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I'll start a thread about the Manchester bombing... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
How about taking the fun out of martyrdom for those true believers? Whatever happened to the idea of burying their remains in pig skins in unmarked graves?

You mean other than the notion that it is a deterrent having been discredited?

Sorry, I didn't get the memo.
Give them their choice of cruel and unusual punishment without fanfare or notoriety.

The subject of pig skins, bacon grease dipped bullets, etc has been discussed on this forum before. The bottom line was that even their twisted religion doesn't penalize them for involuntary contact with pork products.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/Polit...7540/?type=3&theater

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
This saddens me so much. Being the dad of 4 girls in that same age range, it really hits home to me. I'm praying that all those affected by this can find comfort and peace.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
So ironic that Ariana's tour is called "Dangerous Woman." I can think of several ways in which she is dangerous (e.g. to her fans) but not the way she intended.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Long past time to take the British approach to the Thuggee problem in India. Same should be for gang members.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Well, yesterday Ariana Grande proved she's just as empty headed as Katy Perry when she released a statement via Twitter. There is a lot of stupid in it, but this excerpt get my vote for most imbecilic:
quote:
Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other, to love more, to sing louder and to live more kindly and generously than we did before

She is justifiably getting skewered on social media (example)

Here is a screenshot of the whole statement.
upload image online free

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What a freakin' halfwit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
She is justifiably getting skewered on social media (example)

^^ Entertaining! I guess the internet never forgets, Ari.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is easier to understand the naive and ignorant ramblings of liberals such as Ariana when you understand they do not view the world as it is but rather how they wish it were. In this light then their statements of getting along, loving everyone and such make sense. Of course those of us who view the world as the way it is and then logically and rationally understand the problem and the extent of it look for resolutions to that problem in real world ways.

There is a pattern we can see: Islamic terrorists kill innocent civilians, leaders give speeches about how the terrorists will not prevail, United they stand and strong together they will remain. Repeat. Again and again.

Until the people of Europe and the US understand we are at war, we cannot possibly win. It will take a different way of fighting, different and even unusual methods and will be protracted. One idea I am partial to is seeking out and killing every family member of any known terrorists. This would include anyone of any age of both genders and related to any degree.

The price paid by terrorists must be more than they can bear. In all wars this is what decides victory.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Well, yesterday Ariana Grande proved she's just as empty headed as Katy Perry when she released a statement via Twitter. There is a lot of stupid in it, but this excerpt get my vote for most imbecilic:[QUOTE]Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other, to love more, to sing louder and to live more kindly and generously than we did before

So, her way of making it all better is coming back to where it happened for a benefit and asking those same traumatized fans to buy a ticket to give back to themselves. Brilliant. Surely, she's not going to take a penny, even for expenses...

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I was having a conversation with my wife about this last night. She was very upset and said that she could not understand the strategy of blowing up young kids and a concert. How does it help their cause???

Taking a breath I explained to her again. They don't care about any cause...they are not trying to get anyone to sympathise with them and see their point.

Yep. They WANT to light off a world war. It's part of their eschaton that a world wide conflagration has to start before the return of Moo-HAM-ed.

But they have no problem targeting children. The softer the target the better. Look up the Beslan massacre. I think Forstchen used Beslan as a pattern for "Day of Wrath".

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
nhtagmember, that second pic looks bogus. If you can't verify that the people pictured are refugees, remove it, please.

Please be careful about what you post here, guys.

Para, the second picture is 8-year-old Saffie Roussos, the youngest victim of the bomb.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post