SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Switching real estate agents
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Switching real estate agents Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't call either one a Broker or Realtor at this point. Those designations have very specific licensing requirements in most states.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I wouldn't call either one a Broker or Realtor at this point. Those designations have very specific licensing requirements in most states.

Exactly.

I was starting to get confused. But then, that's how they make their money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What you really seek is a "buyers agent". Someone who will specifically be responsible for representing you by the contract you sign with them. In the situation you outlined either one of them is actually going to be representing the sellers in the process. Just how it's set up.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
We’re preparing to look for a getaway cabin up north. I’ll go back into the mode I was in when we bought this house.

After getting fed up with real estate professionals not listening to what we wanted and instead only pushing us. I would not sign with them until they listened to what we wanted and showed us properties on the initial visit that met our requirements. If they did, I would sign and only then. If they balked, fine, there were others out there.

Last time around for example one major requirement was a garage, attached or detached, two car minimum. Agent we told this to said that he would send us houses to look at. So he sent us listings without garages. When I emailed him back regarding this he replied “You can build one”. I replied asking if he ever listened to what I said. That was my last contact with that one.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8103 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most of these type operations restrict customers from going on the site as the house is being built.
That's about as shady as it gets. If the builders are afraid of letting the buyer check that the work is being done properly, that's a sign they are afraid of being held accountable for doing the work properly.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Most of these type operations restrict customers from going on the site as the house is being built.
That's about as shady as it gets. If the builders are afraid of letting the buyer check that the work is being done properly, that's a sign they are afraid of being held accountable for doing the work properly.

Yeah, I was taken aback by that comment also. Just look at my thread on my house build. I'm there just about every day. I run into the builder frequently and he always shows me things, asks what I want, etc.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post