SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who brings 14 grand in cash to a car dealership
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who brings 14 grand in cash to a car dealership Login/Join 
posted
http://wgntv.com/2017/04/18/oh...und-on-side-of-road/

Who believes the story the guy told to the police? Post your thoughts.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
I have taken that much cash to buy a vehicle before (private party) but, I damn sure wouldn't forget about it being on the roof of my car!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I had a police officer buy my car for $35K in cash this year. Something about his brother selling his house and lending him the money. I love cash!

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I didn't bring 14 grand in cash but I did bring 27 grand once. You'd be surprised how small the stack was. Money talks and sometimes it talks louder when it's in front of the dealers nose.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Surprised they didn't asset forfeit it

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What's the matter with bringing cash to the dealer to pay? Cash is king, isn't it?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Probably a farmer that has 400 grand in his safe at home.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with cash.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's the matter with bringing cash to the dealer to pay? Cash is king, isn't it?

I guess it depends what you do for a living, and what you purchase. Certain nefarious transactions require it. {sarcasm intended}

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I believe it, why not? This is America, use your dollars to buy whatever you want. I don't assume a citizen carrying cash is a drug dealer, unless there is evidence they are a drug dealer.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
As long as it is all real money.

I would rather have certified check and not have to worry about counting and dealing with that much cash and possibility of losing some of it or being robbed.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Probably a farmer that has 400 grand in his safe at home.

Big Grin
It happens here on a weekly basis.

I remember going to farm auctions, I thought it was weird that they brought their lunchs with them , as there was food for sale there.

when we left ,a guy at the pay table opened his lunch box and there was nothing but hundreds in there.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys got me to thinking. I forgot about farmers. Only lived in rural Midwest for a couple of years. That is certainly true. The other group that pays in cash are rappers. I have seen videos where they go to high end dealerships and count the money out on the hood. Sorry no link for those who might be interested in viewing such.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
As long as it is all real money.

I would rather have certified check and not have to worry about counting and dealing with that much cash and possibility of losing some of it or being robbed.

As someone who just did a little research in advance of selling two used cars, your naivety is showing.

It is way-easy to fake a certified check or money order today. Unless I am standing in the bank that issues it watching it be printed, I'm not taking it.

For cash, I also plan to swipe a thorough random sample of the hundy's being handed to me as well with a counterfeit detection pen. Critics/skeptics/committed asses in my recent thread be damned....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Cash talks.

I brought 20K into the dealership when I was truck shopping. The slick california sales manager pissed me off, (over X-plan pricing) so I pulled out my cell phone called the dealer in fairbanks in front of him, and bought one over the phone. $80K sale gone in front of him.

Then I had to trade the cash in for a check at the bank...lol, and send it to fairbanks.

I heard the dealership sacked their slick new sales manager from palm springs shortly later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
If I would have bought my van locally I would have had 26k in cash to take the dealer.
Since I was traveling a couple hours away I opted to write a personal check. Uncommon in today's credit age I am sure but it is not really an odd scenerio.
Leaving it on the roof of a car the 14k must be a drop in the bucket to that person as that is a jacked up scenario.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An acquaintance of mine had a guy pay him $108,000 in cash for a used Porsche Turbo.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
Couple times. Once was sufficiently nerved up to carry a BUG, which I never do.

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
A man with cash is welcome in a lot of places.

That said, these days, as long as you have an explanation for it that stands up to scrutiny, and you are willing to take the risk of loss or theft, have at it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I once apprenticed for a premier inlayer who does, and has done work for a laundry list of musicians we all listen to. Just before I started there, he bought his wife a new Subaru Forester, and paid in cash. This is in deepest cow country, and he got quite a kick out of the suspicious looks they gave him throughout the whole deal.

Posts: 17056 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post