SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
I donated to the Cruz campaign several times. They are worse than the NRA. I get calls from them several times a day. At least they use Valid caller ID.

Hard to blame them though. They were being out raised by nearly 2 to 1.

Regardless of what any poll says, however, get out there and vote for Cruz! I wish I could.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Driving around yesterday I noticed a large group of campaign signs. Beto's was twice as big as Cruz' and much easier to see. This morning on TV I saw a Cruz ad that used the "Stand for the Anthem" very effectively against Beto.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Report This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Cruz will win by 10 points. You heard it here first.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^

I agree, it ain't gonna be close.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Registered republicans tend to vote than do
registered democrats.
Ted was (and remains) a Tea Party member. True, like Trump he files republican. For an independent or a third party candidate it's difficult to get on the ballot in all fifty states__in Trump's case__ but Cruz is a Texan through and through and Texans I think will support him. Lets hope so. He gave the democrats and the RINOS hell in the senate.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I believe Ted will be fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish that I could cast a vote for him.....I sure would do it!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to see them debate. Cruz will blow him away. Beto is relying on his personality to get the votes and has no substance. What he shows on his website that he stands for is not what the majority of Texans stand for.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Ted Cruz is at risk of losing Texas if Republicans in Texas get complacent about him winning. They need to get off their asses and vote (because you know damn well the Dems are going to this year.)

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think we Conservative Texans are aware of the importance of voting this year, and will give Sen. Cruz a win. (Yes, I do consider myself a Texan, even though born in Arizona and reared in Michigan--I've lived in Texas almost half my life--38 of 81 years--and love my adopted state.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I always vote EVERY election.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
While I have seen a couple "Beto" stickers and have one lawn sign in the neighborhood....I believe Cruz will win.

I wonder if the ugliness between Cruz and Trump hurt Cruz, who is a great Senator IMHO

I think Robert aka Beto has run a very good campaign and has made himself look like a real contender, that has awoken the libs, hence the stickers and signs....this only makes it easier to plot arty or CAS in any future nastiness Cool

I for one...make that 2 as the misses is on board fully support Cruz

While not looking to derail the Cruz support post...where is Lupe....aka "where's my pistol"

she is so low in the polls it's kinda sad that the Dems put her up for Gov.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Beto is relying on his personality money from the east and west coasts to get the votes...

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Report This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Cruz has an Audio-Eidetic memory. He has an almost infallible ability to recall what he has heard.

He will kill Beto in a debate, it won't look like it to the libs, but he will on facts.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Cruz has an Audio-Eidetic memory. He has an almost infallible ability to recall what he has heard.

He will kill Beto in a debate, it won't look like it to the libs, but he will on facts.

If Ted Cruz and Newt Gingrich were to ever seriously disagree on a substantive issue and then debate it, the universe would explode.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Their Debate is tonight:

Link

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Their Debate is tonight:

Link

Time for Ted to eat Beto's lunch.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
I for one...make that 2 as the misses is on board fully support Cruz

Make that 4 (yours and 2 more here).

But yeah, Ted was a national debating champion. "Beta" Obama O'Rourke will look like the window licker he is.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Beto is relying on his personality money from the east and west coasts to get the votes...

Very true. There are two other democratic candidates that have shown up out out of nowhere, MJ Hegar and Joseph Kopser, and they have commercials running EVERY single set of commercials every day. They say zero about anything other than having been in the military. Someone big is funding them to try and get them in office.

I went to MJ Hegar’s website to see her views on issues and they are so generic it is not funny.

Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I would say Ted won that debate easily, and even got a few good zingers in, when they were asked to say something nice about each other.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post