SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The GOP might one day lose TX, but it ain't gonna be this year.

+1

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?

There's always a risk. Nothing can be taken for granted. But, IMO, Ted will win.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Beto is running on gun control (universal background checks, close gun show "loop hole", ban high cap magazines, ban black rifles, block concealed carry reciprocity) in Texas. Yes, you read that right. What a dumbass!

Beto believes that "precisely zero terrorists, terrorist groups or terror plots have ever been connected with the U.S.-Mexico border to do harm to people within the United States." What a dumbass!

Beto's commie ass is supportive of single-payer health care (aka Government run socialized medicine). What a dumbass!

My prediction is that he'll get votes in shithole districts and Commiefornia settlements, but will get his ass kicked where normal Texans reside.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

quote:
Beto believes that "precisely zero terrorists, terrorist groups or terror plots have ever been connected with the U.S.-Mexico border to do harm to people within the United States.

He may do reasonably well along the border, just because that still tends to be blue machine country and because some people still have gripes about where the wall might get built. But people still remember that Mexicans raided into Texas from the days of Texas Independence all the way up to the Great Tune Up For WWI that Woodrow Wilson gave the U.S. Army. And the newspapers are still full of stories of the crap that goes on just across the river. And the wetbacks and smugglers still wash over people's property like floodwater seasonally washes over much of Florida.

Maybe he thinks he's pitching to a bunch of rich people in Dallas or something.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was shocked to see a Beto bumper sticker in my parking lot last week, then I saw the teacher parking pass and it made sense.

Around this part of Texas the only blue voters are teachers union members.

Tommy

Posts: 140 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I know what a lot of people think of the polls, but this early they're all we've got. They have Cruz ahead by 6-ish%

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I live in a supremely conservative county (Montgomery, 74% for DJT in 2016) to the north of Houston. In the grocery store the other day I saw an older white woman (very teacherly looking) with a t-shirt that read "Montgomery County Democrat"

I thought about saying... "Why don't you move to the Montgomery county in Maryland to be with more of your own kind?"

Im sure she'll vote for 'Bater O'Dork

JB

quote:
Originally posted by horsedoc:
I was shocked to see a Beto bumper sticker in my parking lot last week, then I saw the teacher parking pass and it made sense.

Around this part of Texas the only blue voters are teachers union members.

Tommy

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't see Cruz losing. I don't really seem him get close to losing.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Just got this text from one of Beto‘s campaign tools:

Hi Mark, this is Andrea volunteering w/ Beto O'Rourke's campaign for U.S. Senate. We're texting Texas voters today about the upcoming November election. Will you be voting for Beto O'Rourke or Ted Cruz for Senate?

I have no idea who she is or how she knows my cell number and name.

Gonna try to get a date with her, though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
I live in a supremely conservative county (Montgomery, 74% for DJT in 2016) to the north of Houston. In the grocery store the other day I saw an older white woman (very teacherly looking) with a t-shirt that read "Montgomery County Democrat"

I thought about saying... "Why don't you move to the Montgomery county in Maryland to be with more of your own kind?"

Im sure she'll vote for 'Bater O'Dork

JB
I think you should have--her response might have been epic.

(My Best Friend once married a woman in Maryland's Montgomery County and moved there for a while. He eventually divorced her and moved back to north Texas.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Hi Mark, this is Andrea volunteering w/ Beto O'Rourke's campaign for U.S. Senate. We're texting Texas voters today about the upcoming November election. Will you be voting for Beto O'Rourke or Ted Cruz for Senate?

I really unload on political text messages. Jeeze I hate that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Bot.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Don’t think Angela is a bot. I asked her if she liked spam and got no reply until I texted her a picture of a can of Spam from my pantry.

She offered to remove my name from her call list then.

Never got a chance to ask for a date.

I wanted so badly to talk to her about truth, justice, and the American way.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

I really unload on political text messages. Jeeze I hate that.
You're missing an opportunity. A few weeks back, I started receiving texts from a female staffer for Beto. Apparently, some flunky had put some female Demonrat voter's cell # in erroneously. I started texting back:

"I didn't leave the Democrat Party the Democrat Party left me. #WalkAway"

"Have you seen this #Walkaway video? <insert youtube link>"

"<insert staffer's name> It not too late for you to #Walkaway from the lies, hate, and violence"

I also followed up with more #Walkaway stuff a few days later.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Drudge has a link saying there is a 75% chance the Dems take the house. I buy that like I buy Cruz is in trouble.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Drudge has a link saying there is a 75% chance the Dems take the house. I buy that like I buy Cruz is in trouble.

President Hillary agrees with these polls....
It's the same outfit that gave her a 95% chance of winning.

Forecasting the race for the House
Chance Democrats win control (74.6%)
Chance Republicans keep control (25.4%)
https://projects.fivethirtyeig...tion-forecast/house/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
They are just trying to convince conservatives they shouldn't even bother to vote. I hope people aren't buying it.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I'd have to be in a coma to not vote this year!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I’m betting Trump has an October surprise or two waiting in the wings on the Dems.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You Texicans should impose a ban on commiefrnians moving to your state

Posts: 163 | Location: Murrells inlet SC | Registered: December 14, 2006Report This Post