SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Debate? Uh, Ted's opponent said that no one outside of law enforcement needs an AR15.

This is Texas

Come election day, this poseur is gonna have a mudhole stomped in his ass.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think Ted bests him by at least 5%, maybe as much as 10%.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Of course I will vote for Cruz. Also got a $50 money order to donate.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I'd pay to see that debate.

Unless Beto is promising ganja to the hippies, Ted will be fine. Smile We saw a bunch of new registered voters this year when MJ referendum was on the ballot. I doubt many of them knew any of the candidates.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just sent Uncle Ted II some money for the cause.
(Uncle Ted I is Ted Nugent)

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/efTm9eZ1qvM

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The media are curiously uninterested in investigating the unanswered questions surrounding criminal misconduct in O’Rourke’s past.

National Review
Andrew McCarthy

I used to see the mainstream media as an adjunct of the Democratic party. That’s debatable; it could be that the party is the adjunct. Either way, the most brazenly overt aspect of the partnership is that the press no longer even feigns interest in allegations against nominees; it is interested only in allegations against Republican nominees.

We await the next shoe to drop in the Judge Kavanaugh saga. Rest assured that if there’s a rumor that, in third grade, young Brett yanked on the ponytails of the girl in the second row (war on women!), the New York Times, NBC News, and phalanxes of their journalistic colleagues will be all over it.

Meanwhile, Representative Beto O’Rourke had a pair of felony arrests in his mid-to-late 20s, including a reckless drunk-driving incident in which he crashed into a car and allegedly tried to flee from the scene. The cases appear to have mysteriously disappeared without serious prosecution, notwithstanding that O’Rourke continues to deny basic facts outlined in at least one police report.

So, what really happened? We don’t know. See, Representative O’Rourke is a Democrat.

Not just that. O’Rourke is the Democrat running for a Senate seat against Ted Cruz, the Republican incumbent who is a favorite of grass-roots conservatives. Consequently, the press and Democrats have about as much interest in probing O’Rourke’s checkered past as they do in exploring allegations against Keith Ellison — the hard-Left Minnesota congressman, attorney-general candidate, and deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee, who has been accused of physically abusing his longtime girlfriend.

O’Rourke appears to be quite the character, notwithstanding the media’s indifference.

In the wee hours of the morn on September 27, 1998, at age 26 (i.e., considerably older than Kavanaugh was at the time of his alleged misconduct), O’Rourke lost control of his car while speeding eastbound on route I-10 in El Paso. According to the police report, after he struck a truck, O’Rourke’s Volvo careened through the center median and finally screeched to a halt facing eastbound on the westbound side. Police say that O’Rourke attempted to flee from the scene of the crash but was stopped by a witness who, simultaneously, had to warn oncoming traffic of the danger. When he was ultimately apprehended, O’Rourke told police he’d had only two beers. In reality, a breath test indicated a blood-alcohol level of 0.136, well above the 0.10 legal limit — a fact police discovered after he slurred his words so badly he could barely be understood and could not pass simple walking tests.

The Cruz campaign has asked about the incident, but O’Rourke has denied the police report’s allegation that he tried to leave the scene. So . . . did he? And did he make false statements to police about his alcohol intake after crashing into another vehicle at a high speed (but, luckily, not killing anyone)?

We don’t know. His name is not Kavanaugh and he’s not a Republican. We are told it is vital to find out what Kavanaugh did and how much alcohol he consumed while doing it. In O’Rourke’s case . . . not so much.

By the way, the drunk-driving incident is not a one-off, an aberration in an otherwise uneventful early adulthood. About three years before the car crash, O’Rourke was arrested for allegedly burglarizing a campus building at the University of Texas at El Paso. He reportedly claimed the incident was a college prank, but he was not a college student at the time.

Both of these potential felony cases against O’Rourke seem to have been dropped. This is strange, particularly given the palpable seriousness of the car crash and alleged attempted flight. The press is remarkably uncurious about the unanswered questions, taking a “nothing to see here” approach to the lack of prosecution.

Interestingly, O’Rourke’s late father, Pat, a longtime political ally of Texas’s Democratic governor Mark White, was a powerful El Paso judge in the mid ’80s, a few years before Beto’s hijinks. In 1983, a condom filled with white powder, suspected to be narcotics, was found in Judge O’Rourke’s car while it was being serviced. But a sheriff-captain, conveniently surmising that Judge O’Rourke must be the target of a frame-up, directed subordinate officers to flush the powder down a toilet. Voila! — the matter was dropped.

All in the family? You might say that. In 2010, Charlotte’s Furniture, a longtime O’Rourke family business then run by the congressman’s mother, Melissa, pled guilty to federal money-laundering charges — specifically, to avoiding currency-transaction reporting requirements by structuring $630,000 in payments by a single customer.

Who was the customer, who apparently needed $630,000 worth of furniture? Was the customer involved in laundering money connected to some illicit cash business such as drug trafficking? Why was only the O’Rourke business prosecuted (a $500,000 fine, half of which was suspended), as opposed to the business’s operator(s) or employee(s) who carried out the illegal structuring? We don’t know; the authorities have sealed the relevant records and — well, I’ll be darned — journalists have not been curious enough to investigate.

Meanwhile, as a first-term lawmaker, O’Rourke skirted a 2012 law that barred members of Congress from profiting on initial public offerings of stock based on information not available to the public. A House Ethics Committee memo warned members to avoid such IPOs as Twitter’s, which was about to launch. O’Rourke, who says he did not see the memo (but was nevertheless required to follow the law), bought Twitter shares, then quickly sold many of them as the stock rocketed higher in value. After he found out that Legistorm, a congressional news site, had caught wind of the transaction, O’Rourke fessed up to the Ethics Committee that he had engaged in several IPO trades. The congressman agreed to sell off IPO shares he was still holding and send the Treasury Department a check for what he said was the amount of his profits. The matter appears to have been dropped without any law-enforcement investigation.

Oh, and he said he was sorry. Clearly . . . nothing to see here, right?

The point here, we should stress, is not that people can’t redeem themselves. We’re all sinners. We’ve all done things we’re not proud of. It is not a matter of O’Rourke’s being disqualified; that’s for Texans to decide. The question is whether we should tolerate a blatant double standard in the media reporting on which we rely to make important decisions.

Like Brett Kavanaugh, Beto O’Rourke is seeking one of the most important positions in the U.S. government. Unlike Kavanaugh, O’Rourke will have no swarms of reporters combing through files and tracking down witnesses about the details of years-old misconduct — misconduct that, in O’Rourke’s case, is not merely “alleged” but actually happened. There will be no television-spectacle hearing. He will be treated with respect, not treated as if he were a criminal suspect.

It’s good to be a Democrat.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting the debate link lkdr1989. That was very informative, especially since I live in Utah and Idaho. IMHO, Beto is a true piece of shit.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Andrew McCarthy is a f*ckin' national treasure. May he be the next attorney general.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Beto O'Rourke, a rising star in the Democratic Party who is challenging Republican Sen. Ted Cruz for his seat, apologized for his college review of a Broadway musical where he criticized the actresses 'whose only qualifications seem to be their phenomenally large breasts and tight buttocks.' …”

https://dailym.ai/2Qrv0Ys

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Freakin' whatever.

I'm not apologizing for my past, and a big giant 'fuck you' to anyone who expects me to do so.

Tell me- what are you doing right now that will offend who the fuck ever, say, 25 years from now? Roll Eyes

Ridiculous

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Tell me- what are you doing right now that will offend who the fuck ever, say, 25 years from now?
From the looks of things today...Breathing. Oh well, I too am rather short on apologies and sensitivities.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I don't think Ted is worried about losing if he is retweeting attack memes from the opposition.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
After being bombarded with calls and e-mails direly claiming Sen. Cruz will be lucky to win re-election, how the libtards are flooding his challenger with cash to spend on the race, and seeing stories on some media about how tight the polls were, I was astonished to see on OAN this afternoon how Ted has a comfortable 10 point lead.

It was also refreshing to see that Marsha Blackburn has a huge lead over the God Damned Commie challenger. Reports I have seen had it much, much closer, in severe doubt.

I switched to OAN this afternoon since Fox has whatzizname doing Hurricane coverage wall to wall.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I finally just sent a small donation to my Senator Ted Cruz.
Been sending donations to other out of state races for Senate.

Have a yard sign up and just bought some Cruz bumper stickers for my vehicles.

Go Ted!

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We need to keep Ted Cruz in the senate. Hopefully, a "ton" of Texans agree with me, and get it done.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I don't think Ted is worried about losing if he is retweeting attack memes from the opposition.

That's not bad, but Cruz is my age and that original photo is from even before Kiss got huge around 1976-77. So Cruz would have been pretty young. But hey, I was Gene for Halloween in 1977. My mom made me a killer costume.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was astonished to see on OAN this afternoon how Ted has a comfortable 10 point lead.

But I keep cru[z]ing, can't stop, won't stop moving,
It's like I got this music in my mind, sayin' gonna be alright,
'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play,
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake,
Shake it off, I shake it off

With absolutely no apologies to Taylor Swift after she endorsed Phil Bredeson and Jim Cooper.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Latest Quinnipiac poll shows Ted Cruz +9 among likely voters. Please keep taking up those gun bans you promised to do Beto boy.

https://www.realclearpolitics....vs_orourke-6310.html

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I sent $50.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post