SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tennisman:
You Texicans should impose a ban on commiefrnians moving to your state

We’re working on it. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...til-leave-state.html

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Cruz' reelection reminds us that nothing should be taken for granted.

I thought Cruz was not as good for president, but he has been a voice of counsel to and supporter of the Trump agenda.

He seems to have grasped more of his role as a legislator.

We need Ted Cruz.

I think of how we now know of empty "Hey Macarena" because a heavy hitter's supporters didn't engage in his race.

Bump.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Ted Cruz at a town hall last night:

Beto O’Rourke protester yelling in town hall on gun control.

Texan man- “Come and take it!”

Beto guy, “We will!”

Then @tedcruz said, That exchange right there is what this whole campaign is about!

Crowd explodes. #2A

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137...mpaign=twitchywidget

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Not going to happen, in fact Beto just pulled out of a debate that he and Cruz were supposed to have. His criminal record will not exactly help him either.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I got a spam text from someone who knew my name.
She said she was working for the Beto campaign and who was I voing for?
response:

Ted Cruz {to keep} Making America Great Again!

Hope she appreciated it.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ I'd have to be in a coma to not vote this year!

flashguy

Somebody get that man an absentee ballot before he changes his mind. I’ll be out by my mailbox waiting for mine. Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I should have told my Beto Spam texter I would vote three times for Cruz.
Once as a man, once as a woman and once as transgender illegal alien. Smile

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
response:

Hope she appreciated it.

Got same text.. was considering Beto as a response. If we all do that, it might throw off their internal polling and get them to relax.. Smile Smile

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got same text.. was considering Beto as a response.

I have no problem with telling pollsters what I think they want to hear...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
response:

Hope she appreciated it.

I got the same thing a week or so ago. Here was my reply. Still waiting on my money. Bunch of hot air, but felt good anyway. It was hard not to give in to my inner sailor and keep it clean.

“Dont ever text me again. You actually owe me since I pay for texting. I will take cash or postal money order. Do it again and I report your campaign to the FCC and Texas Ethics Commission for unsolicited campaigning since this actually cost me money.”

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Report This Post
The Steve McQueen of SIGforum
Picture of mosquito
posted Hide Post
I don't think the race is as close as it's being reported. The majority of the Beto fundraising is coming from out of state. Last time I checked, the votes still have to come from within the state.

www.seventactical.com

Posts: 4711 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: December 31, 2003Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?

NO

quote:
If you can spare a few bucks to give to the Cruz campaign I’m sure it would be appreciated.

Good idea, thanks done.
I've supported him on prior Senate and even the prez run.

Love Ted. Cool

I'd like to ask: One leader of the Texas Tea Party who was personally involved with Ted's presidential campaign seems to not like Trump very much along with people in her group even to this day.

Has Cruz and Trump patched things up?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I don't see Cruz losing this race. I truly don't.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has Cruz and Trump patched things up?

I think so. For the good of the country, things are set aside after the campaign is over:

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz has asked President Donald Trump to come to Texas to campaign for him.

During a campaign stop in Seguin late Monday, Cruz said he has reached out to his former rival for the White House to help him with his re-election effort against Democrat Beto O’Rourke.

“I would certainly welcome his support, and I hope to see him in Texas,” Cruz said, standing outside the Dixie Grill in Seguin. “I think we are likely to see the president down in Texas before the election.”

Cruz said while his relationship with Trump has had its “ups and downs” due to their 2016 GOP primary battle, he has tried to become an ally to the president. He said he has been in constant contact with the White House and Trump directly to offer his help in getting legislation through the Senate.

https://www.chron.com/news/pol...for-him-13138353.php

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beto believes that "precisely zero terrorists, terrorist groups or terror plots have ever been connected with the U.S.-Mexico border to do harm to people within the United States.

So how many would have to invade with ill intent to cause major damage? 19 killed 3000 and changed the world on Sept. 11th. these idiots think then it's only a handful there is no problem.

Until there is.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mosquito:
I don't think the race is as close as it's being reported. The majority of the Beto fundraising is coming from out of state. Last time I checked, the votes still have to come from within the state.

I agree. The commies are desperate.

Think about it; Cruz is doing a good job in Texas, no real controversies or scandals. And he is the incumbent. Just based on those two things, he absolutely will get re-elected.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
For whatever one pseudo-datapoint is worth, I'm not seeing any increase in the number of "Beto" yard signs and bumper stickers in my hippy-ass college town, and I'm in one of the bluest-balled neighborhoods in the area.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Ted Cruz at a town hall last night:

Beto O’Rourke protester yelling in town hall on gun control.

Beto guy, “We will!”

Then @tedcruz said, That exchange right there is what this whole campaign is about!

Crowd explodes. #2A

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137...mpaign=twitchywidget

Those morons don't understand the gravity of their demands and the finality of their actions.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
From Twitter -

Beto O’Rourke protester yelling in town hall regarding gun control:
Beto guy, “We will!”

Facebook video - skip to about 46:00.

https://www.facebook.com/KAMRL...eos/242180429830985/

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"We will"....hmmmm I get the distinct impression he will NOT be part of the "We".

Leftists love love love! to talk about taking others guns but it somehow never actually involves their participation...that's why they strive to stuff Federal LE and the upper echelons of the military with their fifth columnists. They figure someone else will actually due the rough stuff.