SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas? Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Interesting article.

https://www.nationalreview.com...atification-of-beto/
Thanks for posting. My favorite line:
quote:
O’Rourke kept getting labeled “Kennedyesque,” but the adjective was never applied where the comparison is most accurate, his driving record.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Love that line as well!!

The media keep trying to make things happen for them politically by wishing, like some forlorn 8 year old living in the South and convincing himself it will snow on Christmas, and then their lapdogs and water bearers in the media try to make it come about by writing about it as if its already a fact (e.g. climate change - "settled science" my ass), and are then shocked and appalled and go insane when these wild predictions dont come to pass "you stole the election, racism racism, bigotry..."

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Interesting article.

https://www.nationalreview.com...atification-of-beto/
Thanks for posting. My favorite line:
quote:
O’Rourke kept getting labeled “Kennedyesque,” but the adjective was never applied where the comparison is most accurate, his driving record.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Per wiki:

---------------
Robert Francis O'Rourke is a fourth-generation Irish American,[1] born at Hotel Dieu Hospital[2][3] in El Paso, the son of El Paso County Judge[a] Pat Francis O'Rourke and Melissa Martha (Williams), a stepdaughter of Fred Korth, who was the Secretary of the Navy under President John F. Kennedy,[4][5][6][7] His family always called him "Beto", a common Spanish nickname for Roberto, Gilberto, and Alberto, initially to distinguish him from his namesake grandfather."
----------------------

So he has as much Spanish blood as Elizabeth Warren has Indian blood. Just another fake trying to deceive voters about his ethnicity and his "moderateness".

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I like your Elizabeth Warren analogy.

When I talk to Democrats and undecideds about O’Rourke, I prefer to use their own terminology against them. Here is how I couch it:

4th generation Irish American Robert Francis O'Rourke culturally appropriated the Hispanic nickname Beto and wears bronzer to appear more Hispanic.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure 'Beto'-mania is the result of the Left believing its own propaganda again.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I have been receiving numerous calls, texts, and emails begging me to vote for "Beto", from robo-services. Really annoying.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
I have been receiving numerous calls, texts, and emails begging me to vote for "Beto", from robo-services. Really annoying.

isn't that type of calling illegal?

Not that you can do anything about it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So when O'Rourke loses...what happens to all the money that was donated to his campaign?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
So when O'Rourke loses...what happens to all the money that was donated to his campaign?

The same as Jill Stein I imagine... kept.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The only aspect of being “Kennedyesque” is that he is a complete phony just like all those guys were.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

The same as Jill Stein I imagine... kept.

Seed money for his 2020 presidential run.......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Current polls are that Ted Cruz is expected to win, but the money dumped on O'Rourke is huge

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...bobbys-big-bucks.php

So far the totals are:

Cruz $25 million

O'Rourke $61 million

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And yet there is article after article, particularly in the oh-so-liberal Texas Monthly and Dallas Morning News that keep saying the same thing: 'Bater's getting tons of money from out of state, but there are only so many signs that he's actually getting traction with Texas voters.

Don't let the war chest buffalo you. It's no good unless it translates into votes and we're all still looking for any sign that the majority of votes is there for 'Bater.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I just sent $50 to the Cruz campaign--I'd hate to think he lost because I didn't help (not that I expect him to lose, but why take chances?).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dallas Morning News

Dallas Morning Snews (sic)

FIFY

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I think we're all in agreement that Jon Ossoff Beta O'Rourke is going to lose.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Well, I just sent $50 to the Cruz campaign--I'd hate to think he lost because I didn't help (not that I expect him to lose, but why take chances?).

flashguy

I like the way you think. There's no place for complacency in today's political environment.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
True, but some of us (well, me, anyway) have gotten used to looking out for media attempts to induce panic as well. I'll send Cruz something too, and certainly turn out to vote, but there's something fishy about the way the media focuses on 'Bater's war chest without really looking into what's happening on the ground. Money may help drive communications and voter turnout, but it really isn't always a functional proxy for how many votes will actually be cast or for whom.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Alright Texans & Houstonites, Trump Rally for Ted Cruz in Houston - Monday, October 22.

Houston, TX
06:30 pm (CDT)

DOORS OPEN 3:30PM (MDT)
NRG Arena
1 NRG Parkway
Houston, TX 77054

Register for the Rally:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/r...m_content=rally_list

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post