SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Beto is raising a shit-ton of money:

Beto O'Rourke raised $38.1 million in last three months, smashing all records in bid to oust Ted Cruz

WASHINGTON — Rep. Beto O'Rourke raised an astonishing $38.1 million in three months, as Democrats in Texas and nationwide showered him with donations for his bid to oust Sen. Ted Cruz.

The haul smashed previous records for a U.S. Senate contest, and assures that the hard-fought race, already the nation's costliest, remains on top of the 2018 list.

O'Rourke's tally is more than triple the $12 million that Cruz said he raised from July through September. Combined, the rivals have raised roughly $86 million, but the challenger's total of $61.2 million vastly eclipses the incumbent's $24.9 million.

"The people of Texas in all 254 counties are proving that when we reject PACs and come together not as Republicans or Democrats but as Texans and Americans, there's no stopping us," O'Rourke said.

Fundraising at this pace is typically reserved only for presidential campaigns. And it shows the collective power of many relatively modest donations.

ActBlue, the online Democratic fund-raising platform, makes it easier than ever for candidates to collect small sums from many people, and to prompt supporters for recurring donations. O'Rourke has brought in at least $25 million that way this year, and based on the latest tally, likely far more.

https://www.dallasnews.com/new...ds-bid-oust-ted-cruz

there's no stopping us," O'Rourke said.
Except: The people of Texas can stop him by going to the polls and voting. Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And yet, with three and a half weeks to go until Election Day and early voting to begin in ten days, there is no sign that 'Bater's figured out where to spend the money in order to win. It'll be interesting to see how big of a war chest he's sitting on after Election Day if he loses.

Can anyone in Texas think of anywhere where a last minute spending push would do him any substantial good? I'm not sure that anyone is still going to be paying attention to ads or responding to phone bank calls once early voting begins.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Beto is raising a shit-ton of money:

Smile

Yeah. Hey, Beto...why don't you ask Hillary how all that money helped her?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Can anyone in Texas think of anywhere where a last minute spending push would do him any substantial good? I'm not sure that anyone is still going to be paying attention to ads or responding to phone bank calls once early voting begins.
No. This election is already decided but the votes are yet to be cast and counted. And it's too late to push registration, as that must be done 30 days before the election (Oct. 9 was the deadline).

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's news is he's opening a wide lead!
12/10/20
Now for a huge red wave to come over the entire
country!

Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
From the article Ironmike57 linked to above -

quote:
"I think all the money in the world is not going to help Beto at this point because I think he self-identified as a national Democrat, which means he's way too liberal to get elected in Texas," Cornyn told reporters.

See, that's just it - he's bringing in impressive money from outside of the state, but one just doesn't see any real excitement for the guy here on the ground in Texas. There's still time for him to take a real run at it, but he's going to have deploy something somewhere, and there's no sign of that happening yet.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Fake mexican.

Real pendejo.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
And yet, with three and a half weeks to go until Election Day and early voting to begin in ten days, there is no sign that 'Bater's figured out where to spend the money in order to win. It'll be interesting to see how big of a war chest he's sitting on after Election Day if he loses.

What happens to his war chest when he looses? He gets to keep it and do whatever he wishes with it?

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, yes. Although I'm sure he'll promise to run for some other office if he loses.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Screw Beto! I am sick of him and his commercials!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Was watching "Last man Standing" last night and a Beto commercial comes on. I swear the guy has an affliction with his head jerking around as he speaks.

I call him Beto the bobblehead

I have seen 1 yard sign in my neighborhood and a couple others in our little town

This message has been edited. Last edited by: heathtx,

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have seen 2 signs in out neighborhood, W. Mckinney but several on the east side which is not surprising.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, you know Dems - have you even heard of any big, exciting rallies for the guy? I see buttons and bumper stickers in the People's Republic here, but I just don't hear any noise.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I just made a donation to Ted Cruz and Mike Braun in my state.

Last week made general donations to both the house and senate Rep candidates that are in close races. Trying to do my part.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DEMs are starting to worry that Beto won't win and a lot of DEM $ have gone down the hole. $ that could have helped elsewhere.

Then there is Michael Avenatti.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-313...t-his-pac-gets-half/

As Twitchy reported earlier, celebrity lawyer and 2020 hopeful Michael Avenatti perhaps gave Beto O’Rourke’s candidacy the kiss of death when he came out an endorsed him on Twitter, saying he’d make “an exceptional senator for Texas.”

But Avenatti wasn’t through: later he tweeted a link asking people to chip in to O’Rourke’s campaign to help send “Lyin’ Ted Cruz” back to Canada.

chip in for Beto now.https://t.co/TPICbyHqMq

One thing Avenatti doesn’t mention is his tweet that can be found in the fine print at the link: “NOTE: Your contribution will be divided evenly between Beto O’Rourke and The Fight PAC.”

the Fight PAC “was founded in the fall of 2018 by Democrat, Attorney, and Fighter for Good Michael Avenatti, who represents Davids vs. Goliaths and has for nearly 20 years.” In other words, he set it up himself, for himself.

So, Democrats could donate directly to O’Rourke’s campaign, or go with Avenatti and have his PAC take half off the top.

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the D's are grateful to have Michael on point helping them again. May his tweets continue.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And I'm sure Michael will be grateful for a 50% commission! I wonder if ol' 'Bater can stop him from doing that legally?

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd

Not surprising. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Report This Post