SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Y'know, it could just be wishful thinking.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
For whatever one pseudo-datapoint is worth, I'm not seeing any increase in the number of "Beto" yard signs and bumper stickers in my hippy-ass college town, and I'm in one of the bluest-balled neighborhoods in the area.

Saw a bunch of those "Beta" supporters on the side of the road on my way home last week. They were waving at everyone driving by. In a long line of cars waiting for a light to change, I only saw one wave back. In my commute to work, I've only ever seen one "Beta" sign. And in that same yard I've seen one of those "We are the 99%' signs in the past. I think they're the token libtard of that neighborhood.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
If that Beto douchebag wins... we truly are at the end or the Republic.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, just stow the melodrama.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And focus on taking out McCaskill. You're in the zone for a contest that's far more likely to make a difference over (at least) the next two years. We'll take care of 'Bater.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
I think they're the token libtard of that neighborhood.

Yup...we have our token neighborhood Libtards; I've seen two "Beto" signs. The one couple I know is Jewish, which just ASTOUNDS me as to why Jews support the antisemitic Democrats. JSMH...

And in response to the question at hand...NO WAY!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It has long been a matter of public record that Beto O’Rourke was arrested for driving while intoxicated in 1998, but a police report recently obtained by the Houston Chronicle reveals that the Democratic Senate candidate crashed and tried to flee the scene before his arrest.

O’Rourke, then 26, was driving at “a high rate of speed” on a Texas highway roughly ten miles from the New Mexico border when he crashed into a truck and spun across the median into oncoming traffic. A witness whom O’Rourke passed shortly before crashing later told police he personally prevented O’Rourke from fleeing the scene. The unnamed witness “turned on his overhead lights to warn oncoming traffic and to try to get the defendant [O’Rourke] to stop,” according to the report.

The rising progressive star, who blew a 0.136 and a 0.134 on police breathalyzers, did not address the witness report that he tried to flee the scene in a statement released on Thursday.

“I drove drunk and was arrested for a DWI in 1998,” O’Rourke said. “As I’ve publicly discussed over the last 20 years, I made a serious mistake for which there is no excuse.”

Republican senator Ted Cruz of Texas, who is engaged in a tight race with O’Rourke, has not commented on the newly revealed details of his opponent’s arrest.

O’Rourke, the son of an El Paso County judge, was charged with driving while intoxicated following the incident but completed a court-ordered diversion program to ensure that the charges would be dismissed.

The DWI arrest was not O’Rourke’s only youthful run-in with law enforcement: He was also arrested for trespassing after hopping a fence at a University of Texas at El Paso facility.

The Texas congressman and Senate hopeful has cited his past wrongdoings in justifying his support for criminal-justice reform.

“Those mistakes did not ultimately define me or stop me from what I wanted to do in my life or how I wanted to contribute to the success of my family and my community,” O’Rourke wrote in an op-ed for the Chronicle published on Monday.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Ted Cruz at a town hall last night:

Beto O’Rourke protester yelling in town hall on gun control.

Texan man- “Come and take it!”

Beto guy, “We will!”

Then @tedcruz said, That exchange right there is what this whole campaign is about!

Crowd explodes. #2A

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137...mpaign=twitchywidget

A much better video at this link:

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/...er-at-amarillo-event

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Nice. Very nice.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Latest poll, as of today: Cruz ahead of Beto by only 1 percentage point!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Lawd, gimme strength

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
if there is one thing Mitch McConnell is good at it's dirty tricks campaigning. I've read 2 different accounts of Beto's dui from 20 years ago today. It was a bad dui, driving in oncoming traffic, hit and run, well over bac. daddy is a judge so it disappeared. Mitch/RNC will hammer him on that early and heavy. There's going to be a red tsunami in Nov. Can't let up but they are on the run.

Didja see that the Village Voice lefty rag for the last 60 years is officially tits up. More winning.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Today I heard the radio saying Cruz was ahead of Beto....I imagine he (cruz) has not been behind and has had the lead...

There are three Beto signs in my neighborhood now, Good I like knowing who the moonbats are!!

Suddenly there are Cruz signs springing up simingly out of nowhere....go Cruz.

As soon as I can establish residency, I'm going to get a DL and register to vote.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Recent polling here. Cruz by 9 points.
Cruz 54 Beto 45 among most likely voters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ne-points/ar-BBNwoSv

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
It was not even close, I think they were reporting close to get more funding, Beto is getting financed by holliweird, and soros. I don’t see anyway Beto can win here, he is Obama wanna be, sanctuary city’s, take all firearms, commie, and a total scumbag on top of that.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Agree, fake news the last month or so.
Reality is starting to seep in.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
If u need a sign.

Republican wins district hillary won by 12 pts. Turned a 100+ yr old district.

https://m.mysanantonio.com/new...rict-19-13239398.php

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I donated to the Cruz campaign several times. They are worse than the NRA. I get calls from them several times a day. At least they use Valid caller ID.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The Cruz people have finally stopped calling (I did donate again this year).
But I get more political e-mail than all others put together including my Amazon habit.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post