SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas?
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Ted Cruz at risk of losing in Texas? Login/Join 
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Ted!!! My sister and nephew are at his victory party there in Houston for the celebration.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1170 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Great news about Ted. That boat load of money didn't do his opponent much good, now did it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Razz I'm still waiting to find out exactly how much of that donated money 'Bater spent, and how much he's keeping - in a war chest for the future, or not.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Keep Cruzing!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Sen. Cruz beat Beta O'Cuck. However, that was too close an election for Texas.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Report This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Hooray for Ted Cruz! But closer than I thought.

GOP is looking good for the senate with pick ups. Losing the house sucks but at least with the senate President Trump will continue to be able to get a lot more judges on the federal courts and maybe even another justice for SCOTUS. Also he will have much easier time with executive appointments just in case he needs a new Attorney General soon.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
I'm glad Sen. Cruz beat Beta O'Cuck. However, that was too close an election for Texas.

Same here. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Ted won and Texas did the right thing. And Ted was VASTLY outspent. But Beta should have been just a joke of a candidate. He's a model for the nation's top seller of floppy clown shoes. Cruz should have won by 10 points against this joker wannabe.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:

Same here. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Ted won and Texas did the right thing. And Ted was VASTLY outspent. But Beta should have been just a joke of a candidate. He's a model for the nation's top seller of floppy clown shoes. Cruz should have won by 10 points against this joker wannabe.

This is a reality check for us here to not be complacent we have to vote every election because Texas is getting new citizens every day from blue states. We have to show them that Conservativism is best.
The rugged individual with fine neighbors is the model. The pursuit of happiness not equal outcomes, through the following of just laws.

We also need good people to continue to lead here in Texas, who serve the lord first.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Woke up this AM to good news in Texas. Too bad about the house, but we'll have to regroup for 2020.

But thank God we still have Ted Cruz in DC. The country needs him.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
The Liberty Daily had a story about thousands of illegals voting. Time for Texas and FL to pass a voter ID law while the Justice Department will back them up.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
The Liberty Daily had a story about thousands of illegals voting. Time for Texas and FL to pass a voter ID law while the Justice Department will back them up.
Texas does have a voter ID law. We need to prosecute (ie make an example of) poll workers who violate this law as well as the illegal who votes.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Cruz won but I'm worried. It should never been that close. Same thing in Florida. How is it that these so called red states are so close to losing to an election to these Communists?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Apparently the Hollywood shitheads are fine with O'Rourke losing because now he can concentrate on his 2020 run for President Big Grin And paired up with Gillum

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I'm glad Cruz won but I'm worried. It should never been that close. Same thing in Florida. How is it that these so called red states are so close to losing to an election to these Communists?

More illegals, more commies invading. More losers wanting free shit. It's not that hard to figure out. The entire Harris county is now blue. It was complete red just 2 years ago. This completes the commie take over of all the major TX cities/counties.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
More illegals, more commies invading. More losers wanting free shit. It's not that hard to figure out. The entire Harris county is now blue. It was complete red just 2 years ago. This completes the commie take over of all the major TX cities/counties.

Hurricane Katrina permanently impacted many cities negatively - the least of which is New Orleans.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Yep. Dallas is the only blue county in north Texas and I lost my Republican Representative (Sessions) to a Dem this time (not my fault--I voted for him).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
... I lost my Republican Representative (Sessions) to a Dem this time (not my fault--I voted for him).

flashguy

What...you only voted once? Shame on you!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:

A midterm where the presidents party normally loses seats, record spending on a dem who was groomed to be a celebrity likeable pretty boy and an incumbent who often irritates the hell out of people because his intelligence makes him seem smug. It was closer than I expected but still not far off the mark. Hell Kaine should’ve hit 60-65% here in VA against a clown like Stewart but he didn’t. The blue wave is actually just a purple puddle.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post