SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FEMA contractor comes back to kill homeowner for his guns...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FEMA contractor comes back to kill homeowner for his guns... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.al.com/news/index.s...ml#incart_river_home

(L-R) Gerjuan Jackson, Kenley Campbell, Darril Rankin(Mobile Metro Jail)

Three Mobile men were arrested and charged for a homicide in Polk City, Florida, according to Polk County Sheriff's deputies.

The murder took place on January 3, between 1:30 and 1:45 p.m. on Berkeley Road.

In the incident Polk County Sheriff's Office found a Polk City man identified as William Reiss deceased and his friend Kenneth Maier injured at Reiss' residence.

Maier staggered out of the home to road to flag down help, shortly after the shooting. Three bystanders stopped and called for EMS and Sheriff's office response. Maier underwent surgery in critical condition.

He remains in the hospital critical condition, more than a week following the incident.

"We don't see any improvement. We are praying for the best. He's fighting for his life," Sheriff Grady Judd said.

Investigators say the events that lead up to this homicide begin during Hurricane Irma's impact on the Gulf Coast in the fall.

Gerjuan Jackson, a worker contracted by FEMA to assess damages came to Reiss' home in Polk City. While in the home, Jackson became privy to Reiss' firearm collection. After building a relationship with Reiss, Jackson came back to the home two weeks later to buy two .45-caliber handguns, before returning to Alabama.

While in Mobile, Jackson was arrested for possessing those firearms.

Eventually, Jackson relayed to 22-year-old Kenley Campbell and 22-year-old Darril Lamar Rankin, Jr., that he was interested in robbing Reiss for more weapons, authorities say.

Officers say Campbell, Rankin and Jackson drove in a grey Chevy Sonic, registered to Campbell, arriving in Polk City on the afternoon of January 3. According to investigators, Jackson decided during the ride to Florida that he would kill Reiss during the robbery.

Upon arrival, police allege that Reiss recognized Jackson and let him into his home. It was then, officers say that Jackson pulled a gun and shot Reiss four times in the head and once in the hand.

"He said he shot him once and noticed that he was suffering, so he continued to shoot him because he didn't want him to suffer," Judd said in a press conference held Wednesday afternoon.

Maier, who was in the back of the home, heard the noise and came into the living room. Police say Jackson shot him twice in the head, once in the shoulder and once in the arm.

Campbell and Rankin heard the gunshots from outside and came inside to see what Jackson had done, police say.

"We think these three murderers stole some place between 20 and 25 firearms," Judd said. Police say the men also stole a flat screen TV

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"Gerjuan". Okey dokey.

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Three upstanding citizens, just doing their thing.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There are such evil doers in this world that the only fitting place for them is burning in hell for all eternity. Mad

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
There are such evil doers in this world that the only fitting place for them is burning in hell for all eternity. Mad

I can only hope and pray that they will feel the heat of Hell sooner then later.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Torch 'em. Then torch 'em again, spiritually.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
"He said he shot him once and noticed that he was suffering, so he continued to shoot him because he didn't want him to suffer,"

That was mighty white of him.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Bad this happened, but a lesson to us all about flaunting our firearms.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
This murderous scum, at only 22, had the training and experience to be working as a contractor for FEMA assessing damage? I highly doubt it. I smell a rat, or at least gross incompetence in the vetting process at FEMA.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree on the FEMA thing. They actually hired him? To do what, exactly? I would not let this dude on my property, hurricane or no hurricane. And I am not selling him a gun, either!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He was doubtless hired as part of a social program to employ people who were unemployable in any non-government sector.

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
And being he was "areested for possessing those firearms" when he returned home, that indicates he was probably already a convicted felon.

So what was he doing being hired by FEMA? That is a rhetorical question as based on his photo I already know why he was hired.

And I have a good idea of what the person who hired him looks like too. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
As a side issue, it seems they were not a resident of the sales State. That normally requires an FFL.

Keep that S.A. dialed up a few levels. I see a few red flags earlier in this relationship. Not blaming the victim, tragic no doubt.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I guessing he was given job training in prison and then employment with FEMA after release?

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
And being he was "areested for possessing those firearms" when he returned home, that indicates he was probably already a convicted felon.

So what was he doing being hired by FEMA? That is a rhetorical question as based on his photo I already know why he was hired.

And I have a good idea of what the person who hired him looks like too. Regards 18DAI

Remember under Obummer's Ineptitude, the "have you ever been convicted of a crime" was removed from most government job applications.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I live in Polk County Florida. This is the county this happened in.
There was a lot of damage in the area to homes and property.
I think FEMA had a program in the county to help people secure their homes from further damage.
They may have been hired by a sub contractors in the area to do this work.
The insurance adjuster who worked for my insurance company was from Texas if I remember correctly.
We had contractors from all over the country working in central Florida after the storm.
This is why I an not comfortable about letting people i do not know in my house to do any work.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Apparently FEMA hires from the same pool of applicants as TSA.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is why I an not comfortable about letting people i do not know in my house to do any work.

Yup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Human vermin.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
This murderous scum, at only 22, had the training and experience to be working as a contractor for FEMA assessing damage? I highly doubt it. I smell a rat, or at least gross incompetence in the vetting process at FEMA.

Is FEMA not US federal gubbermint? Tells me a lot.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post