SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beloved humor, outdoors writer Patrick McManus dies at age 84
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beloved humor, outdoors writer Patrick McManus dies at age 84 Login/Join 
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
He was a frequent visitor to the Kootenai River and the reservoir created by Libby Dam(Lake Koocanusa). I spoke with him and another fisherman without recognizing who he was, until on the way home I realized he was my favorite author!

I need to go back and read his stuff again.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got many laughs reading his stuff over the years, going to miss him and his humor.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
RIP sir, I enjoyed many of your articles over the years.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
They Shoot Canoes don't they was my all time favorite, and anything with Wretch Sweeny.

He will be missed.

Archerman

Posts: 2484 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
So very sorry to see this. I have many of his books. Very funny writer.

He will be missed.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post