SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Maybe I wasn't wrong....

I kinda think not...

https://apnews.com/635baae2ef6...f377068b4/As-Franken's-support-collapses,-Democrats-expect-resignation

From the article:

Though the writing appeared to be on the wall, Franken’s departure was not certain. A tweet posted Wednesday evening on Franken’s Twitter account said: “Senator Franken is talking with his family at this time and plans to make an announcement in D.C. tomorrow. Any reports of a final decision are inaccurate.”

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Basically wreck the train, just for laughs.

Well, the media kept saying that his Presidential aspirations (there's a thought!) are down the tubes, so, why not?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, 'cause if not for this disaster, ol' Al was destined for 1600.

Sure

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Maybe he can jump on the Green Party ticket with Jill Stein in 2020?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What's supposed to keep him from jumping on Jill Stein?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One o' them big-ass pepper spray dispensers, I guess.

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Even Schumer has been after Al to resign.

https://www.newsday.com/news/n...en-resign-1.15336201

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

And all but certainly, not for moral or ethical reasons. Chuck has a plan and Al is just the flunkie who got caught up in it.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
One has to wonder how many back room discussion are going on about Reps / Senators who have a history of this shit too but just haven't been outed yet....

I'm sure FrakenFreak has been telling them "but you did it TOO...!"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

And all but certainly, not for moral or ethical reasons. Chuck has a plan and Al is just the flunkie who got caught up in it.

No doubt you're correct!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frankenstein has an option, one that would fit with his psychological profile.

Refuse to resign.

That's what I'm expecting. I'll be surprised if this arrogant prick resigns tomorrow. I'm actually hoping he doesn't. He's nothing but a thorn in the democrats' side at this point, and it really only helps them if he resigns.

We all know the Dems are only telling him to quit because it gives them the out to say that they hold some kind of moral high ground when Moore is elected. And they have nothing to fear anyway because another dembot will just take his place.

So yeah, I hope he remains defiant tomorrow and keeps on embarrassing himself and his pathetic, phony party.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
So many stories from the "news" publishers about which family member is laying claim to Conyers' seat. What the hell...

And to add to the festivities, Coleman Young II was mentioned on the news last night as a possible contender for the seat. He just got trounced in his challenge for Detroit Mayor.
This could get real entertaining, hold on to your seats Michiganders.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Frankenstein has an option, one that would fit with his psychological profile.

Refuse to resign.

That's what I'm expecting. I'll be surprised if this arrogant prick resigns tomorrow. I'm actually hoping he doesn't. He's nothing but a thorn in the democrats' side at this point, and it really only helps them if he resigns.

We all know the Dems are only telling him to quit because it gives them the out to say that they hold some kind of moral high ground when Moore is elected. And they have nothing to fear anyway because another dembot will just take his place.

So yeah, I hope he remains defiant tomorrow and keeps on embarrassing himself and his pathetic, phony party.

I expect this as well. Defiant; claim he has unfinished peoples’ work to do; family supports him; constituents begged him to stay, etc.

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Do you mean that in the literal sense?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Some are looking at Clarence Thomas now, wondering why he should not be impeached for the treatment of Anita Hill.

Maybe we ought to look at everyone, like the Kennedy brothers and remove the statutes, memorials, the place names, Kennedy Center, etc. like is being demanded for slave owners etc.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This just in (kinda):

Tippi Hedren alleges Alfred's unwanted advances are for the birds.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...red-hitchcocks-abuse

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Now, that right there is funny!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

No doubt you're correct!

Chuckle wants to put eilsen in to show how prog the Ds are. Ooh look at us we have a muslim senator....ooooh

Franken is a timely sacrifice for the cause

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's get to it. (snaps fingers rapidly)