SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
https://youtu.be/ZwzltS6XwL8

funny video, also liked how you used another serial groper and total asshole too. I dont know a sole who's met piven that actually likes him.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Why does he need "weeks" to resign? Why do politicians always reference "so much work yet to be done" as if there's an end?

He's announcing now before Moore is elected. This is all part of a larger democrat plan. I'm actually disappointed he didn't remain defiant.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the wilderness Al. You've earned it.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Why does he need "weeks" to resign? Why do politicians always reference "so much work yet to be done" as if there's an end?

He's announcing now before Moore is elected. This is all part of a larger democrat plan. I'm actually disappointed he didn't remain defiant.

Is the issue with Moore really about the sexual harassment claims or the fact he is a Christian against gay marriage, for example. I think if it were not for his religious beliefs, the 40 year old, unsubstantiated harassment claims could be over looked. The war against Christians is more important to the left than women’s rights, IMO.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As soon as this sanctimonious douchebag began speaking, I knew where it was going. Typical leftist hypocrisy and sanctimony.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
He sure blew a lot of bridges up on his march to the rear...That will come back to him as well.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Off you go to "the Northernmost extremity of the globe".

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I was kinda hoping he'd stay. He's a moron, and he doesn't accomplish anything-- other than grabassing. The leftist who replaces him might actually have a working brain, which is the most dangerous possibility.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Adios, you worthless POS. Now what can we do about Chucky Schumer????
You tell us, has he touched you improperly? Big Grin

No, or I'd be in prison.........

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There must be some very important votes coming up in the Senate.

Which would those be?

NPR is replaying that segment of his diatribe commenting on the irony of resigning while Moore and Trump are still raping little girls and stomping puppies in the Oval Office and/or in Alabama.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
quote:

Is the issue with Moore really about the sexual harassment claims or the fact he is a Christian against gay marriage, for example. I think if it were not for his religious beliefs, the 40 year old, unsubstantiated harassment claims could be over looked. The war against Christians is more important to the left than women’s rights, IMO.

Abortion.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has Al announced the creation of the Franken Foundation yet?

I'm so giddy at the prospect...

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
SOURCES: @CNN and @washingtonpost working on exposing 20-30 congressional members 4 sexual harassment

https://twitter.com/mikehtruji...s/938815136571129856

Sen Tim Kaine letter

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.rollcall.com/news/...gs-sexual-harassment

The Treasury Department paid $220,000 in a previously undisclosed agreement to settle a lawsuit alleging sexual harassment that involved Florida Democrat Alcee L. Hastings, according to documents obtained by Roll Call.

Winsome Packer, a former staff member of a congressional commission that promotes international human rights, said in documents that the congressman touched her, made unwanted sexual advances, and threatened her job. At the time, Hastings was the chairman of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe, where Packer worked.

Hastings has called Packer’s charges “ludicrous” and in documents said he never sexually harassed her.

“Until this evening, I had not seen the settlement agreement between the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (CSCE) and Ms. Packer,” the congressman said in a statement Friday night. “This matter was handled solely by the Senate Chief Counsel for Employment. At no time was I consulted, nor did I know until after the fact that such a settlement was made.”

Hastings said that the lawsuit that Packer filed against him and an investigation by the House Ethics Committee were ultimately dismissed.

“I am outraged that any taxpayer dollars were needlessly paid to Ms. Packer,” he said.

The 2014 payment to settle the case involving Hastings was not apparently included in a breakdown of payouts to settle discrimination complaints against House lawmakers from the past five years released last month by the Office of Compliance, which approves the payouts. That total included only one payment to resolve a sexual harassment claim — $84,000 paid to settle a complaint against Texas GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold.

Documents obtained by Roll Call indicate the OOC approved a $220,000 settlement to be paid to Packer by the Treasury Department, which issues payments to settle disputes involving lawmakers, according to documents obtained by Roll Call. Packer appears to have received a payment of that amount from the Treasury Department in May 2014, according to documents.

She filed a complaint with the OOC in 2010 and sued Hastings and the commission in federal court in 2011.

Initially, she had been told that laws protecting congressional workers did not apply to commission staffers like her, according to court records and media reports.

Packer sued under a federal statute that allows individuals to seek damages against federal officials for violations of civil rights. But Hastings was dropped from the lawsuit in 2012, after he argued that the law didn’t apply to a member of Congress. The suit continued against the commission.

The House Ethics Committee closed its investigation in December 2014. It interviewed eight witnesses and concluded that the most serious allegations against Hastings were “not supported by evidence” although he “did admit to certain conduct that was less than professional.”

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that Alcee Hastings has the unique honor of being the only member of Congress to have been impeached by the House of Representatives, convicted by the Senate and removed from office as a United States District Court Judge, for taking a bribe.

He escaped criminal conviction only because his payor refused to testify against him.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Foxnews.com: Mario Batali accused of sexual misconduct, asked to step away from 'The Chew'

By Michael Bartiromo | Fox News

Mario Batali has stated that he will “step away from the day-to-day operations” of his restaurant empire following allegations of sexual misconduct — and ABC has also confirmed that he's been asked to leave "The Chew" for the time being.

The celebrity chef, 57, has been accused by four women of inappropriate behavior in the workplace and elsewhere, including grabbing and groping three of his female employees, and even grabbing a fellow chef who approached him at a New Orleans wine auction ten years ago, Eater NY reported on Monday morning.

The four women have declined to reveal their names, but the latter accuser claimed that Batali groped her breasts after she spilled wine on her chest, while saying something to the effect of “Let me help you with that.” The woman also alleges that Batali had been under the influence of alcohol at the time, and that just prior to the incident, he came off as “creepy” and “icky,” Eater reports.

The other three accusers were all employed by Batali at one time or another, and shared similar stories of Batali’s behavior with Eater. One woman says he approached her from behind and held her against himself; another says she was groped and made to “straddle” Batali; and the last, who had already stopped working for the chef, says he also grabbed her breasts.

Batali, who is married to wife Susi Cahn, has since released a statement apologizing for his actions, in which he takes “full responsibility” for the inappropriate behavior.

< snip >

The accusations against Batali follow several other allegations against celebrity chefs in recent months. In November, four former employees of Johnny Iuzzini, a judge on ABC’s “Great American Baking Show,” accused the pastry chef of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior, including one woman who claims Iuzzini tried to stick his tongue in her ear “three or four times.” And in October, New Orleans chef John Besh stepped down from his restaurant group after more than two dozen of his employees came forward with accusations of harassment and sexual misconduct.

ROSAL

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
report that

Minnesota Governor Dayton will announce this morning that he has chosen Lieutenant Governor Tina Smith to succeed Al Franken in the Senate upon Franken’s resignation. Franken has stated his intention to resign but left the timing vague.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...es-to-washington.php

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see if he can still leave his timing 'vague', now.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I’m sure it will be timed so that no important votes will be missed between his resignation and her swearing in.