SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Isn't Kozinski (a Reagan appointee) the one who issued the first strike down of Trump's travel ban?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Isn't Kozinski (a Reagan appointee) the one who issued the first strike down of Trump's travel ban?

No.

Kozinski has been more in the Scalia tradition. I’ve read many of his opinions, have several of his articles and books. He is a prolific author and speaker. Many of his clerks have been hired by SC Justices, so he has been known as a feeder judge.

He was born in communist Rumania, came here as a boy and at 35 was the youngest appeals court judge, maybe ever.

I’m sorry to see this.

On the bright side, “Kozinski's retirement leaves five seats open on the 9th Circuit, with two more judges already having announced their intention to retire next year. That gives President Donald Trump potentially seven seats to fill on the largest and most liberal appeals court in the country.” Yahoo News.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
“It wasn’t just clear that he was imagining me naked,” Murphy said, “he was trying to invite other people — my professional colleagues — to do so, as well. That was what was humiliating about it.”

Oh, you poor baby...some evil man imagined you naked. How horrible and humiliating that must be.

Roll Eyes

I am too tired of this bullshit.

Posts: 20088 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Know what’s really freaky? The number of people that are naked under their clothes Wink Eek

quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
“It wasn’t just clear that he was imagining me naked,” Murphy said, “he was trying to invite other people — my professional colleagues — to do so, as well. That was what was humiliating about it.”

Oh, you poor baby...some evil man imagined you naked. How horrible and humiliating that must be.

Roll Eyes

I am too tired of this bullshit.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's gone WAY past the point of silliness. "I want you to exercise naked in front of me, or you're fired" is the real thing. Suggesting that someone would look good doing so may be inappropriate, but shouldn't be causing someone long term psychological damage.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Gene Simmons allegation, really?

A fucking rock star touched you and you call it harassment? It's in the job description you self righteous twit. Roll Eyes

Reading the linked article he supposedly put your hand on his knee. OMG the horror!

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

It's gone WAY past the point of silliness. "I want you to exercise naked in front of me, or you're fired" is the real thing. Suggesting that someone would look good doing so may be inappropriate, but shouldn't be causing someone long term psychological damage.

I’d like to see how many appellate law clerks have ever been fired. It is conceivable that some have been, but I doubt it is very many.

Those jobs are short term, a year usually, are highly sought after, go to top students at top law schools, and are pretty much the gold standard for a resume.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Guess that means DJT has an opportunity to replace Kosinski with an even more conservative judge.

quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

No.

Kozinski has been more in the Scalia tradition. I’ve read many of his opinions, have several of his articles and books. He is a prolific author and speaker. Many of his clerks have been hired by SC Justices, so he has been known as a feeder judge.

He was born in communist Rumania, came here as a boy and at 35 was the youngest appeals court judge, maybe ever.

I’m sorry to see this.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tavis Smiley says he wants to "lead us in a conversation about how to create healthy workspaces."

Remember, guys- when one of these phony leftists starts talking about "having a conversation", you know that this is a dead-end road. It's meaningless- utterly meaningless- blather.

There's no honesty in these people

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Let me help you with that Tavis, here's what you're going to say.

"Uh, because racism, Diane, that's what it is."

Now shut the fuck up and go the fuck away.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12769 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They have no shame. After getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar, they want to lecture us!!!!!

The balls!!!! Utterly shameless, and they think we are all stupid.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
That's a real nice offer by Mr. Smiley.

I know right from wrong, integrity and character were taught to me through my parents.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: recoatlift,

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
That's right. Blame your destruction of a vast sports media enterprise on your drug use, you lying piece of shit. The fact is ESPN is dying because SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR ASSHOLES LIKE YOU KILLED IT.

Liberals seem incapable of not destroying the proverbial golden goose.

quote:
ESPN President John Skipper resigns citing substance abuse issue

By Sasha Savitsky | Fox News

ESPN President John Skipper announced Monday he is resigning from the network due to a substance addiction problem.

"I have struggled for many years with a substance addiction. I have decided that the most important thing I can do right now is to take care of my problem," Skipper said in a statement.

Skipper said he and the company have "mutually agreed" it was appropriate for him to resign.

"I come to this public disclosure with embarrassment, trepidation and a feeling of having let others I care about down," Skipper's statement continued. "As I deal with this issue and what it means to me and my family, I ask for appropriate privacy and a little understanding."

Walt Disney CEO, Bob Iger, announced former ESPN President George Bodenheimer will serve as acting chair for the next 90 days, until they find a full-time replacement for Skipper.

Skipper joined the Disney-owned network in 1997. He became president of ESPN in 2012.

Skipper's exit comes after a rocky year for the sports network.

Just last week, a bombshell report described ESPN's culture as one of hostility and sexual misconduct toward women.

The report by The Boston Globe specifically named several men employed by or affiliated with ESPN as being subjects of harassment complaints.

Interviews conducted by the Globe with roughly two dozen current and former employees portrayed a “locker room culture,” where men regularly made unwanted sexual advances to female colleagues, gave unsolicited shoulder rubs and rated women based on their looks.

The network laid off 150 employees in November, just months after letting go 100 employees in April, including several veterans like Ed Werder, Trent Dilfer and Danny Kanell.

ESPN came under fire in August after they pulled an announcer from a college football game named Robert Lee because his name is similar to that of Confederate General Robert E. Lee.

The network also faced heat after suspending Jemele Hill in October after she violated the company's social media guidelines twice for calling on Twitter for people to boycott advertisers over the NFL protests and for calling President Trump a "white supremacist."

ESPN also cancelled "Barstool Van Talk" in October after one episode amid outcry over the Barstool's brand's commentary on women.

From the comments:
quote:
It is interesting to learn that behind all the liberal sanctimony at ESPN, they are little more than a bunch of hypocritical, unscrupulous, unethical, amoral, self-destructive frauds---not unlike every other leftist entertainment outlet in this country.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31431 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liberals seem incapable of not destroying the proverbial golden goose.
That bears repeating. They could fuck up a steel ball with a rubber mallet.

After nearly 60 years of subscribing to Scientific American magazine, I canceled because it had been taken over by leftist 'science writers'. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
The Carolina Panthers owner is being 'investigated'.

The news called his behavior "EXPLOSIVE!".

He asked women to turn around so he could see their asses, reached across them to buckle their seatbelts, and something else stupid.

First off, Fuck the NFL.

Second off, while entertaining, this is really stupid.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
He asked women to turn around so he could see their asses
Why did this never occur to me?

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’d say that methinks they doth protest too much, but I believe that point has been aptly proven by this point Big Grin

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Bummer. The Vag Mathews name in the thread title drew me in.

I was hoping for drawing and quartering on pay per view.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Franken to resign 2 Jan 2018

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post