SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now Login/Join 
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.rollcall.com/news/...gs-sexual-harassment

.... But Hastings was dropped from the lawsuit in 2012, after he argued that the law didn’t apply to a member of Congress. ”

Isn't that special! Who knew Congress was above the law?

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
formal announcement made

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/1...innesota-senate.html

Lt. Gov. Tina Smith will take over Al Franken’s seat in the United States Senate, the governor of Minnesota announced Wednesday, keeping a Democrat in the seat for now but setting the stage for a freewheeling 2018 election

Ms. Smith, the lieutenant governor since 2015, will serve as senator until at least next fall, when voters are expected to choose a candidate to fill the remaining two years of Mr. Franken’s term. Ms. Smith also said that she plans to run for the office in that 2018 election.

“I think in some ways, this sea change is being led by young women who tell women of my generation that maybe some of the things we put up with during our lives we shouldn’t have to put up with,” Ms. Smith said. “And that is a good thing, and it is so important that we don’t slide backwards.”

The election next year will include the governorship — Gov. Mark Dayton, a Democrat, is not seeking another term — and both of the state’s Senate seats. Senator Amy Klobuchar, a Democrat, is expected to run for re-election, and voters will decide who finishes the last two years of Mr. Franken’s term.

Mr. Dayton said he had yet to receive any official notice of resignation from Mr. Franken, but expected him to leave office in early January.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I don't think he's leaving.
He's hoping all this blows over as time goes by.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I don't think he's leaving.
He's hoping all this blows over as time goes by.

That's going to be dang awkward for him and Dayton to tell his replacement: "Never mind"

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
https://www.thewrap.com/tavis-...conduct-allegations/

Tavis Smiley’s PBS Show Pulled From Air Amid ‘Credible’ Misconduct Allegations

PBS has “indefinitely” suspended Tavis Smiley’s talk show program after sexual misconduct allegations against the host.

“Effective today, PBS has indefinitely suspended distribution of ‘Tavis Smiley,’ produced by TS Media, an independent production company,” a PBS spokesperson told TheWrap. “PBS engaged an outside law firm to conduct an investigation immediately after learning of troubling allegations regarding Mr. Smiley. This investigation included interviews with witnesses as well as with Mr. Smiley. The inquiry uncovered multiple, credible allegations of conduct that is inconsistent with the values and standards of PBS, and the totality of this information led to today’s decision.”

Variety reported that MSK is the outside law firm referenced in PBS’ statement, and that their investigation found Smiley engaged in sexual relationships with his subordinates after 10 reports from witnesses, men and women, of varying employment levels. Most were former staffers, according to Variety.

TheWrap has reached out to Smiley’s rep for further comment.

Smiley has hosted “Tavis Smiley” since 2004.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Can they get someone else to play Tavis Smiley on the Tavis Smiley Show?

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This guy's name is Travis. Maybe they could adapt.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This will be all men going forward...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
https://www.thewrap.com/tavis-...conduct-allegations/

Tavis Smiley’s PBS Show Pulled From Air Amid ‘Credible’ Misconduct Allegations

PBS has “indefinitely” suspended Tavis Smiley’s talk show program after sexual misconduct allegations against the host.

“Effective today, PBS has indefinitely suspended distribution of ‘Tavis Smiley,’ produced by TS Media, an independent production company,” a PBS spokesperson told TheWrap. “PBS engaged an outside law firm to conduct an investigation immediately after learning of troubling allegations regarding Mr. Smiley. This investigation included interviews with witnesses as well as with Mr. Smiley. The inquiry uncovered multiple, credible allegations of conduct that is inconsistent with the values and standards of PBS, and the totality of this information led to today’s decision.”

Variety reported that MSK is the outside law firm referenced in PBS’ statement, and that their investigation found Smiley engaged in sexual relationships with his subordinates after 10 reports from witnesses, men and women, of varying employment levels. Most were former staffers, according to Variety.

TheWrap has reached out to Smiley’s rep for further comment.

Smiley has hosted “Tavis Smiley” since 2004.

The first time I ever heard of Tavis Miley was on some show likely in the 1970's like the Tomorrow Show. He had a date that if slavery reparations weren't paid by that deadline, a race war would begin.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Can they get someone else to play Tavis Smiley on the Tavis Smiley Show?

Tavis Frowny?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Tavis, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I've been hoping that this America-hating sack of shit will die for years. Maybe this is better.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
With Russell Simmons leading the way, how could it miss?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news...-hours-ryan-saavedra

FLOODGATES OPEN: Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming, Says Reporter

An investigative reporter with The Daily Caller News Foundation (DCNF) announced on Friday that Congress’ human resources scandal is about to break wide-open and predicted that over a dozen members of the House of Representatives will resign.

DCNF reporter Luke Rosiak tweeted on Friday: “Congress' human resources scandal is just getting started. I anticipate we will see the resignation of more than a dozen House members over harassment and secret settlements, and soon.”

Luke Rosiak

@lukerosiak
Congress' human resources scandal is just getting started. I anticipate we will see the resignation of more than a dozen House members over harassment and secret settlements, and soon.
10:46 AM - Dec 15, 2017

Rosiak followed that tweet with another, writing: “Mark my words, the House is going to be rocked in the coming 72 hours. Tick Tock.”

Last week Rosiak broke the story that Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-NY) had made a settlement with a former congressional aide that he fired after she reported being sexually assaulted at the business of a major campaign donor.

The first congressmen to go down in the post-Weinstein era of sexual misconduct was Michigan Democrat Rep. John Conyers, who eventually resigned after accusations against him snowballed.

Other notable politicians on Capitol Hill caught up in sexual misconduct cases:

Democrat Rep. Alcee L. Hastings (FL) — The Treasury paid $220,000 to settle allegations against him made by a former congressional staffer that claimed he “touched her, made unwanted sexual advances, and threatened her job.”
Republican Rep. Blake Farenthold (TX) — The congressmen announced on Thursday that he was "retiring" after former staffers accused him of making "sexually graphic jokes" and berating his aides. He previously settled a sexual harassment claim made by an employee in 2014.
Democrat Rep. Ruben Kihuen (NV) — Multiple women have accused the Pelosi-backed congressman of sexual harassment.
Democrat Sen. Al Franken (MN) — Franken announced that he would resign last week after multiple women accused him of sexual assault. Franken has still not resigned despite his promise to do so.
Republican Rep. Trent Franks (AZ) — Resigned after he reportedly made women uncomfortable by asking them to be a surrogate mother.

- John Adams

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh boy...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Good grief. Can we take any more? Big Grin

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Look at all those slots opening up in 2018. Would you like Congress to be different? Here's an outstanding shot at it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see if it pans out. I'm a bit skeptical that there will be a dozen within 3 days but posted it so I wouldn't forget to see if this guy got it right or not.

- John Adams

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I guess that's one way to drain the swamp

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post