SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
So, with Frankenclown's resignation, there goes another up and coming presidential hopeful for the Dems in 2020. Dang. When will the Indian get derailed? It's long overdue too.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
So, with Frankenclown's resignation, there goes another up and coming presidential hopeful for the Dems in 2020. Dang. When will the Indian get derailed? It's long overdue too.

Franken hasn't resigned yet.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Just looking hopefully ahead to Thursday (per some reports). Cool

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Heh, heh, heh. Watch him announce he's going to finish out his term - just so we've got a pinata to beat every time the Dems try to make noise about Moore.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The old band wagon sure filled up fast.

Once the band starts playing, they can’t hop on fast enough.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Once the band starts playing, they can’t hop on fast enough.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The heir apparent...

quote:

John Conyers III arrested but not prosecuted in domestic abuse case

LOS ANGELES — John Conyers III, a Detroit hedge fund manager named as a possible successor to his scandal-rocked father, Rep. John Conyers, was arrested in Los Angeles this year on suspicion of domestic violence, but prosecutors declined to charge him, according to documents obtained by NBC News.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office cited a "lack of independent witnesses" and their conclusion that it "could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the victim’s injury was not accidentally sustained" while he was disarming her, according to case paperwork.
The 17th Annual Ford Freedom Awards
John Conyers at an awards ceremony in Detroit in 2015. Monica Morgan / WireImage file

In addition, prosecutors said the victim had no visible injuries beyond a small stab wound to her lower bicep and no other independent witnesses to what she described as earlier pushing and shoving by Conyers III.

Conyers III, 27, was arrested on Feb. 15 at a Los Angeles residence on suspicion of violence against his girlfriend after the alleged victim called police. The victim was not named in the document that recorded the decision not to file charges.

The girlfriend said that Conyers III suspected her of cheating after he went through her computer. She told police that he "body slammed her on the bed and then on the floor where he pinned her down and spit on her," the report says.

She said when she tried to call police, he took her phone and then chased her into the kitchen, where she grabbed a knife and told him to leave. By her account, he took the knife and swung it at her, cutting her arm.

Both of them called 911 to complain about the other. Conyers III said the girlfriend had been using booze and pot, tried to throw him out the residence, and then got into a pushing and shoving match with him. He said she threatened him with the knife and was cut in a struggle for it.

Conyers III was taken into custody and released in lieu of $50,000 bond the same day, police said.

Conyers' father announced his resignation from Congress after more than 50 years representing Detroit Tuesday in the face of a number of allegations of sexual misconduct and said he hoped his son would take over for him.
[Rep. John Conyers announces retirement amid sexual misconduct allegations]
Rep. John Conyers announces retirement amid sexual misconduct allegations 2:01

"I have a great family here and especially in my oldest boy, John Conyers III, who, incidentally, I endorse to replace me in my seat in Congress," the congressman said in an interview on Detroit radio station WPZR.

Afterward, Conyers III said in a statement that he had not decided whether to run but hoped to do so by the end of the year "once I have taken the time to thoroughly listen to our community."

Another family member, Michigan state Sen. Ian Conyers, the grandson of Conyers' brother, told The New York Times that he plans to run for his great-uncle’s seat.

Conyers' III Facebook says he attended New York University and Morehouse College in Atlanta and identifies him as managing partner at EIA Alpha Partners Fund Management, based in Detroit. The agency didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Speaking to reporters last week after the allegations against his father emerged, Conyers III said, "With sexual assault, women are to be believed."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/john-conyers-iii-was-arrested-domestic-abuse-not-prosecuted-n827151

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Here are the Democratic senators, mostly women, who have called for him to step down:

We can now add:

Chuck Schumer
Martin Heinrich
Jeff Merkley
Ron Wyden
Tom Carper
Tammy Duckworth
Tom Udall
Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren
Sheldon Whitehouse
Gary Peters
Chris Murphy
Cory Booker
Jon Tester
Bernie Sanders
Angus King

http://www.politico.com/story/...ken-to-resign-282175

I believe that brings us up to 33 Democratic Senators total. I can't find the citation in a quick search, but I did see mention that Tom Perez, the head of the DNC, has also called for Franken to step down.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I think of all those times that I've viewed clips of Franken giving Senate witnesses or Trump staff nominees a really hard time with his stupid fucking shit.

It makes me smile, giggle even- the thought of this arrogant and entirely unqualified little douchebag watching his phony career crumble rapidly right before his eyes, and each day, it gets worse. Cool

Too bad I can't laugh in his face.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Ole Rubber lips is finished!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Excellent. I think of all those times that I've viewed clips of Franken giving Senate witnesses or Trump staff nominees a really hard time with his stupid fucking shit.

It makes me smile, giggle even- the thought of this arrogant and entirely unqualified little douchebag watching his phony career crumble rapidly right before his eyes, and each day, it gets worse. Cool

Too bad I can't laugh in his face.

It is not hard to imagine that Jeff Sessions will have a hard time sleeping the next few nights.

It’s hard to sleep with your teeth dried out from the huge smile on your face.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
LOL...

This is hilarious...They may end up having to drag him out with his fingernails scratching across the floor Big Grin Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I've lost track, is this eighth one new?

Journalist Tina Dupuy became the eighth woman on Wednesday to accuse Al Franken of sexual misconduct, writing in The Atlantic that the embattled Minnesota Senator groped her in 2009 at a Media Matters party during Barack Obama’s inauguration.

“D.C. was decked out and packed in for the inauguration of a young and popular new president. The town was buzzing with optimism, and one of the many events on our list was a swanky Media Matters party with Democratic notables everywhere,” the former communications director for Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson wrote in the article titled, “I Believe Franken’s Accusers Because He Groped Me, Too.”

“Then I saw Al Franken,” Dupuy wrote. “I only bug celebrities for pictures when it’ll make my foster mom happy. She loves Franken, so I asked to get a picture with him. We posed for the shot. He immediately put his hand on my waist, grabbing a handful of flesh. I froze. Then he squeezed. At least twice.”

“Al Franken’s familiarity was inappropriate and unwanted. It was also quick; he knew exactly what he was doing,” wrote Dupuy, who said, “I don’t let my husband touch me like that in public because I believe it diminishes me as a professional woman.”

In addition to Dupuy, six other women have accused Franken of sexual misconduct after radio host Leeann Tweeden published a photo last month of Franken grabbing her breast during a two week USO Tour in 2006.

Democratic senators have come out in droves urging Franken resign, including several high-ranking female lawmakers.

“We have to rise to the occasion, and not shrink away from it, even when it’s hard, especially when it’s hard. That is what this larger moment is about,” Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand wrote on Wednesday in a statement on Facebook.

Franken took to Twitter Wednesday promising to address the growing scandal in a statement on Thursday.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-obama-inauguration/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to report this to the Boss.

Perhaps you'd prefer to avoid the red tape.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dang, Al. Put it in the ground where the flowers grow.

Frisky little sumbitch, ain't he?

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Maybe I wasn't wrong....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Maybe I wasn't wrong....

I kinda think not...

https://apnews.com/635baae2ef6...f377068b4/As-Franken's-support-collapses,-Democrats-expect-resignation

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Frankenstein has an option, one that would fit with his psychological profile.

Refuse to resign.

Since he'll already vote no on anything the Republicans propose, he could then vote against every measure brought up by the Democrats who called for his resignation.

Basically wreck the train, just for laughs.

This would be the best outcome I can see.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
AMF.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the high quality PNG and transparent background Smile

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post