SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What say the forum on...Sena 30K for motorcycle helmets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What say the forum on...Sena 30K for motorcycle helmets Login/Join 
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted
I have my eye on the Sena 30K but would like to know if anyone has used other brands.

I’m more courious on the “ambient” pickup. With my hearing loss and a helmet on I would like a device that I can switch to the external mic and pick up someone talking. How well does It amplify that sound under the helmet?

Are there other brand/models that may do this?

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how this will work for you, though I understand the reason.

I have just recently installed the Sena10 in two helmets. We can talk to each other as designed, but there is a delay between the speaking and the transmission to the receiver. The system works great on the bike, but standing next to my friend, both of us with helmets on, I can hear him talk, hear the delay and then hear him talk again.

My suggestion, to find what you are looking for, is to try to find a dealer where the system is installed and try it on.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30K for a helmet sounds a little excessive. Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
30K for a helmet sounds a little excessive. Big Grin
It's an Italian helmet. That's 30,000 lira. Not much at all. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Sena 20S which I found to be a PITA to set up. The 20S has the same feature as the 30K to switch to outside voice....which I seldom use.

IMO, my best choice for audio/music/voice was the Gold Wing audio system with direct cable to J&M helmet speaker kit. No battery to recharge daily and no control on the helmet to fumble with while wearing gloves.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post