SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    17,000 dollar (before legal fees) mistake by Leftist puke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

17,000 dollar (before legal fees) mistake by Leftist puke Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
How fragile do you have to be to get excited over chalk on a sidewalk? Roll Eyes

Pro-life student group wins settlement after professor tries to kick away chalk messages

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, a Free Speech "area" > how novel? Confused

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"College campuses are not free speech areas"

Clueless asshole

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Interesting how he brags he doesn't have to pay anything because the insurance company is paying for all of it. The settlement says he didn't admit to any wrongdoing and still has the right to complain to the administration if he feels the students are breaking the rules in the future.

So what was the point of the settlement if everything is couched in those terms?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
So what was the point of the settlement if everything is couched in those terms?
Assuming that you believe him (which I do not), he can no longer fuck with these students, which is all they wanted in the first place.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It absolutely amazes me how small mined many of these so called "academics" are. Really kind of scary.

Good on the student group for pursuing it.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is amazing at what passes for a professor at a college these days. When I was in school, there was no censorship of any kind and most professors were conservatives. Man have things changed in 30 years. One of my favorite professors in college, was my Business Law professor, Mr. Israel. He would not hold back and would let you know in front of everyone if you were an "idiot just wasting his time", his exact words for those who did not study.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Bullies tend to not change their behavior until forced to do so. An injunction is good, but this scenario will likely happen again, in a different way.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
In the last year I have been absolutely blown away by Leftists abusing the First Amendment. They have attacked both verbally and in some cases, physically--those they disagree with. Each day a new abuse comes to light and it's hard to rank them, but...this is unbelievable!

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
There should be a national database of those who violate the civil rights of others. Shitheads should be registered and required by law to go door to door and tell their neighbors what they did. They should have to reveal it to potential employers. Just like sex offenders. This shit would come to a grinding halt.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Assuming that you believe him (which I do not), he can no longer fuck with these students, which is all they wanted in the first place.

If he really does have insurance for this kind of thing then you have to wonder what's going to happen to his premiums as a result of his willful and pointless behavior.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Ha ha.

He should have been made to apologize and to acknowledge the students’ right to free speech. He should also take part in diversity training.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Free speech zones? The whole country is a free speech zone.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a reminder for the professor, the following is a Free Speech Area:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post