New
Find
Notify
Tools

80% Lowers Login/Join 
posted
Howdy,
I have known about 80% lowers for ARs.
Until now it never occurred to me that there are 80% lowers for Glocks.

With the proliferation of 80%, I think that gun control types may as well quit.
The genie is out of the bottle and isn't likely to go back in.

Sooner or later countries that have strict gun laws may as well give up.
Like illegal drugs, these 80% guns may very well be the cause of change in those countries.
It may take a while, but the future may have every person that wants a gun can have one.
A broad generalization in thinking but I think may happen.
Your thoughts/comments?

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are 80% P320s & 1911s too
They won't give up because they are not logical.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your assumption is they will give up and accept the 80% rule, but its already proven that they just add more laws that try and close that avenue to an unregistered gun. Look at CA and now PA for examples. A block of al may soon be a registered part if they continue to the logical end.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YogiBear:
Your thoughts/comments?

Wouldn't the gun control forum be a better place for this?
Or even rifle or pistol?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
If the dems weren't so fixated on cooking up reasons to get rid of President Trump they would have already banned 80% lowers. But they'll get around to it sooner or later.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
They are gone just as soon as some nut job commits a mass shooting with one and they grab the media attention.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3d printed guns like the FGC9 I think will be more impactful than 80% stuff.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
It's our civic duty to build one or five.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
or ten!

quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YogiBear:

Sooner or later countries that have strict gun laws may as well give up.

In many of those countries illegal guns are already being built with "0% lowers". Making the whole gun from scratch.

Both sides never give up.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by low8option:
They are gone just as soon as some nut job commits a mass shooting with one and they grab the media attention.

But they'll never be able to account for the millions already in circulation. They can ban without grandfathering, and still never find but a tiny fraction of them. You could probably engrave anything you want on there, claim to be in compliance, and they'd not be able to prove otherwise.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

Spoken like a true gentleman. Prove me wrong!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

I agree with Scurvy. Both with the 3D Printed "0%" firearms and with the price falling on homeowner grade CNC machines, folks that are getting around Gun Control laws don't even need an 80%, or to buy an upper and BCG.

Are those guns mil-spec and ready for battle? No. But there are 3D Printed, homemade guns that go several hundreds of rounds pretty reliably.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogmush:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

I agree with Scurvy. Both with the 3D Printed "0%" firearms and with the price falling on homeowner grade CNC machines, folks that are getting around Gun Control laws don't even need an 80%, or to buy an upper and BCG.

Are those guns mil-spec and ready for battle? No. But there are 3D Printed, homemade guns that go several hundreds of rounds pretty reliably.

Figuring out how to electro-chemical etch rifling in a barrel blank I think is one of the biggest game changers going.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
cost wise, you can buy a used glock for as much or less that a build,

parts kits are not cheap

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
cost wise, you can buy a used glock for as much or less that a build,

parts kits are not cheap

But I think part of the attraction is legally having a gun in which there was never a 4473 form, and therefore no record of it, anyplace.

We keep hearing the term "Ghost Gun," which is another made up term from those trying to inflict emotion around the issue.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post