SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joined the 4% Club
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joined the 4% Club Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
Just barely, but still.

I hit an A1C of 4.9%.

I was diagnosed in 2012 with an A1C of 11.3 and a FBG of 330. I take Metformin but no insulin or such, and try to stay on a VLCHF diet. I practice alternate day fasting sometimes but mostly not, and I exercise rarely.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this would be about beer or a motorcycle club. Congrats on the better numbers.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting your number down! That's a great accomplishment.

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great job. What is a VLCHF diet?

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Great job! I'm type 1 and just staying around 7 is my goal.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is a VLCHF diet?

Very low carbohydrate diet, high fat.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and keep up the good work.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. That takes true diligence.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. That takes dedication.
I admire your perseverance. May I ask
your age?
Regards, Jack

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very good job and congrats. Wink

I thinking retirement and the living off of 4% of your self retirement fund. Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Good for you!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Great job!

Getting mine tested next month. I try to keep carbs at no more than 45 grams per meal.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Good for you- any reason you don’t exercise? It is literally the fountain of youth for me. At 54 I’m just as fast and strong as people 20 years younger on the job.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is awesome. I am sure it is not easy but keep up the good work.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
That is outstanding! Congratulations to you.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Great Job. I have a similar experience. Losing weight was the key for me to control it.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Good job!

Next up: Not killing yourself by fasting while taking Metformin. That drug pushes your blood glucose down and holds it there.

Remember: High blood sugar will kill you in 20 years. Low blood sugar will kill you in 20 minutes. At the very least, keep some glucose packets in your pocket, if you insist on fasting and wear a medical alert bracelet so someone can identify why you are unconscious.

Congratulations and be well.

Bruce

Edit: I am an ER nurse, for most of my career, so I speak from first hand experience. And yes, I know, I am a glass half full type. It comes with the territory. Wink

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got my physical done, but A1C was not listed in the many columns of data listed on the lab results. I think Hgb is supposed to be a corrolated number. Any idea how Hgb is related to A1C, and what a "good" Hgb range would be?
Thanks.

Posts: 591 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Congrats, well done!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post