SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Massachusetts Sheriff: Arrest Leaders Of Sanctuary Cities
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Massachusetts Sheriff: Arrest Leaders Of Sanctuary Cities Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Can't put it any plainer then this.

WASHINGTON (CBS) – A Massachusetts law enforcement official testifying before Congress on Tuesday called for leaders of sanctuary cities to be arrested.

Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson told the House Subcommittee on Illegal Immigration that sanctuary cities “have become magnets for illegal aliens, some of which have violent criminal records.”

“If these sanctuary cities are going to harbor and conceal criminal illegal aliens from ICE, which is in direct violation of Title 8 of the U.S. Code, federal arrest warrants should be issued for their elected officials,” Hodgson said. “Our citizens would be safer if we never stopped enforcing immigration law and if we never formed or turned a blind eye toward sanctuary cities.”

He also took aim at a Massachusetts legislator who passed along rumors of a planned ICE raid in Brockton on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Rep. Michelle DuBois, D-Brockton, warned her constituents in a Facebook post “if you are undocumented don’t go out on the street. If there is a knock on the door of your house and you don’t know who it is, don’t open the door.”

Hodgson called her actions “outrageous.”

“This is the most outrageous, outrageous example of what is going on across the United States that is undermining my job and every other law enforcement officer in the United States,” he said.

The outspoken sheriff said there is no bigger threat to public safety than illegal immigration. He said his correctional officers have become de facto ICE agents and are able to perform all immigration-related actions.

Hodgson drew criticism from civil rights groups earlier this year when he joined an ICE screening group to identify inmates who may have entered the country illegally. He also made an offer to President Donald Trump to have inmates help build the proposed Mexican border wall.

On Monday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said sanctuary cities like Boston must end, and that those cities risk losing federal money. Democrats across the Commonwealth have pushed back and said they stand with sanctuary cities.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/201...illegal-immigration/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
go after the Brockton politician and make an example out of her

she needs to be seriously adjusted for attitude

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Elected state & city leaders deciding which laws they will follow. Harboring criminals.
Wow.
How is a complete breakdown of society not far behind?

I know they have been doing this for a long time, but openly defying President Trump takes this to a new level.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I've done work with BCS. Nobody will ever confuse those guys with northeast bleeding heart liberals.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I was born and grew up in Brockton. What a damn shame the place has become s shithole. Used to be the shoe capital of the world.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I did a lot of work in Brockton and Fall River years ago - a hell of a drive from NH but it was OK once I got there. Was working for Ashworth Brothers at one point on a hazardous waste clean up project.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm curious about the authority of county sheriffs.

A brief perusal of Google tells me that sheriffs outrank the feds. So, if state/local laws say that local LE are not required to assist ICE, and the sheriff is obligated to enforce this, can he/she not tell the feds to go pound sand?

(To be clear, I am not defending sanctuary cities, just seeking some clarity on the other issue)

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Quite a bit of my County is not nearly as bleeding heart as we are purported. I've also had contact with the fine people of Sherriff Hodgson at matches and such. I am happy to have been able to vote for him through several elections. We may not agree on everything, but he does a fine job, IMHO.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
I'm fine with charging Hickenpooper and Hancooky, lock em up!

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
It's Massachusetts the state legislature will cut the funding for the Sheriff and give the aiding and abetting politician a profile in courage award.

Boston, Cambridge,Somerville,and Salem four of the biggest cities now all harbor criminal aliens.

Guess what party runs the cities?

Guess what party runs the state?

It's not the "R"

Our former Attorney General once said technically it's not illegal to be illegal in Massachusetts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spunk639,

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15 year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy – the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we’d make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

I fail to see the relevance of any of this to the topic at hand.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then you're missing his point -- when he's narcoleptic, he thinks like a Democrat. Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
If you are an illegal, go seek shelter at some POS Michelle DuBois' residence. This demoRAT scum needs to publish the address to her safe haven.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post