SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the best Firearm advise you’ve been given?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the best Firearm advise you’ve been given? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Other than the obvious aforementioned suggestions, one of the things that stuck in my mind as far as advice was concerned when people asked what is the best gun to have is "The best gun in the world is the one you have in your hand when you need it".

Another thing that comes to mind when asked about what brand of gun to buy for self defense is "If you can't find it in a Sig or a Glock, you don't need it".

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Buy a gun for YOU, that fits YOUR hand, that YOU shoot well, that YOU can shoot comfortably, and that comes from a reliable manufacturer.

You won't shoot or carry a gun that doesn't fit, you don't shoot well and isn't comfortable with respect to grip, recoil, slide bite, etc.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
If you're sure your are in a situation where it's likely you will be killed, don't hesitate... you can't sort it out if you're dead.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
"slowly squeeze the trigger, let it surprise you, don't jerk it!"

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
"It's quiet now. Get your stuff."

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
THIS.

Also, I was playing poker one night and asked what I should consider for my first gun. One of the guys said "Just buy a SIG and don't worry about it." He was right, of course, and that got me started on this wonderful journey of firearms ownership.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
“You should check out SIGforum.”

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Buy all the quality you can afford.
The quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten.

( applies to many other things also Smile )

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
"Beware the man that only owns one gun....he probably knows how to use it well."

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot, move and communicate

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post