SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the best Firearm advise you’ve been given?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the best Firearm advise you’ve been given? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In the Army at the range. When not shooting “keep it pointing up and down range.”

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
“You should check out SIGforum.”

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31429 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
If you're at the gunshop to buy, say, the Glock 19 you've been saving for, and there is a seldom-seen firearm on consignment because some fella is getting divorced or has a court order on him, buy the rare item. You can pick up your production item at another time.

Divorce and domestic abuse charges are triggers to seeing rare items come up on consignment. Sometomes they are priced to sell fast.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
The other was to think of gun safety as a laser always coming out of the barrel. If it crosses someone, it kills them. Helped me teach the wife and kids awareness.

I like that example and will be using it.

For me...the Gun Rules, then "get rid of that junk and buy a Sig!". My first gun was an Iver Johnson pea shooter.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
You can't have too much money, too many muscles or too much ammo.
Regarding ammo, buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before you learn how to shoot - learn how to fight. The maybe you won't have to shoot.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure it's actually firearm related but kinda.

"Stop buying guns and buy ammunition".

So I sold a bunch of my cache, down to 3 handguns and 2 rifles, and bought ammunition. This was before Covid and election so I have a decent amount of 9mm, 223 and 22lr.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Never sell a gun. You'll regret it later.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Simple answer...

If you are going to carry a gun then you need to be trained and then re-train often...... get as much training as you can afford... and then more.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It was a threat. Me at about 8 years old going Pheasant hunting for the first time, along with my dad, my best friend and his dad. My dad and my buds dad were partners for years on the Flint police department. I had a healthy fear of both of them

My friends dad to us boys " If you sweep me with the barrel of that gun, I'll beat your ass"

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction. Boy has that saved my ass (ND).

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Practice often at the gun range.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Prep the trigger

Yes, the safety rules are extremely important but THIS is the best advice I was given.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the last thing you saw before you closed your eyes?

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Front site.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
I know there are different variations on the theme, but for me, it’s all about the safety first...

Assume that every gun is loaded.
Never point a gun at anything you’re not willing to shoot.
Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.
Know your target and what’s behind it.

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Aside from the obvious safety rules, when unloading, always drop the mag first before clearing the chamber in a semi-auto.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Prep the trigger

This, by some guy named Gray.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
When I die make sure she sells my guns for what they're worth, not what I told her I paid for them.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post