SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the best Firearm advise you’ve been given?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the best Firearm advise you’ve been given? Login/Join 
More persistent
than capable
posted
I was advised in a training class:

Pull your gun out, Cowboy.
You have the rest of your life to hit the target.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sunburn,

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Treat EVERY Firearm as if it's Loaded!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
“You’re a vet, go downtown and get your carry permit”

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Prep the trigger

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Treat EVERY Firearm as if it's Loaded!

Best one I can remember, easiest to forget. I once handed my shotgun to a B-I-L that he wanted to buy. Hadn't handled it in a couple of years. Handed it to him at a full kitchen table of family. He's better, and younger than me, and he racked it 5 times and 5 shells fell out. I felt lower than dirt. I won't do that again----- I hope!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
San Jose Police Officer friend to me in 1988: "Buy a 4-inch Smith & Wesson revolver. it will be all the handgun you'll ever need and it will last for the rest of your life."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Always check the chamber.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
No matter how tempting, don't ever look down the barrel to see if its loaded. Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
As some others have said "always treat the gun as tho it is loaded"

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Clint Smith "Guns are supposed to be comforting, not comfortable"

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Don’t take your guns to town.

Actually...not to join the popular thing, but Treat every gun as if it’s loaded. I’ve handled several guns of my own that I absolutely KNEW were unloaded. Except they weren’t.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Deadmen tell no tales, right after my nra safety course by the instructor.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guns have only two enemies.....rust and politicians.

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In one of the nearest gun shops, there is a .50 cal ammo can, over half-full of ammo in assorted calibers. The sign on the can states "bullets from empty guns". So,yes, I'll add to the always check pile.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Never fire a warning shot and shot till the threat is stopped . ........................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Don't go anywhere with a gun you wouldn't go without one.

Posts: 9502 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Aside from the 10 commandments of firearms safety...

To know the difference between training, improving and just making noise.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Stack it deep when it's cheap

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post