SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    dried eucalyptus leaves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dried eucalyptus leaves Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
A friend of mine say's I need a pound or two.
She swears you can put them in a building or RV to discourage rodents from entering. Anyone hear of that.

If it works I need some.

Thoughts.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Spreading a layer of mulched eucalyptus wood, bark and leaves in the garden will repel insects, as the mulch breaks down to produce eucalyptus oils.
The slow release kills insects over weeks.

You may have a better result with eucalpytus oil.
Soak cotton balls in the oil, leave where they enter and their inside trail - our remedy for the macadamia farm tin shed.

Alternative - 1/4 teaspoon to one cup of water in a spray bottle. Shake and apply to entries and nesting areas. Re-apply every daily.

Peppermint oil is also a good remedy.

Initial result will be good, but the rodents may get used to the smell and come back.

Fox and cat spray perhaps?

I do have to point a caution.
Direct contact with undiluted oils can cause skin irritation. Ingestion of a high dose causes a toxic reaction.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post