SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Escaping The Anti-Constitution State and Heading to North Carolina
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Escaping The Anti-Constitution State and Heading to North Carolina Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I grew up in NW Connecticut and it’s sad to see what’s become of the place.
Carefully where you move in NC because parts are drifting left quickly.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Welcome! I don't know that neck of the woods well enough to give advice, but it sounds like we have members that know the area well.

Posts: 15021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10-8
Picture of Apphunter
posted Hide Post
As previously mentioned all the places you listed are actually west of Winston-Salem.

I have lived in Kernersville, just east of W-S, for 99% of my life. I am happy to help answer any questions and offer suggestions.

Posts: 915 | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm almost 53, lived here all my life, currently in Greensboro. NC is def changing and veering more left it seems, lots of transplants from the north bringing leftist politics with them unfortunately. There's more to it than that of course but it is happening. There are still areas that are mostly conservative but they will be outside any larger cities.

Compared to some areas of the country this state may well be a breath of fresh air but get ready for purple not red. I say come on down also; we need more like minds! Good luck!!

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are welcome if you are a Republican, if you are a Democrat then stay where you are and enjoy the mess you created.

I was born and raised in Ohio. To call myself a Connecticut native would be tantamount to treason.

quote:
Just what most North Carolinians want...more people from the North East

Well, If they don't want a guy that's been in the gun industry for 22 years with a short break or two to build GE 404s and TF34s, I guess they should just shut the border with VA down.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Don’t listen to scurvy, you’ll be fine Rev.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3960 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and make sure you join this group upon arrival

the main 2A support network for the state

https://www.grnc.org/

they are very politically active and will help keep you apprised of all the anti-RKBA actions planned / promoted by anti-gun politicians n the state

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Don’t listen to scurvy, you’ll be fine Rev.

My comment was tongue in cheek mostly but I do have family friends who moved from Boston to Raleigh and have heard their stories of how the locals make it pretty obvious they are not happy with the influx of North easterners.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the state. I escaped from another commie state (Maryland) about five years ago and love it here.

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I have no geo-specific info but I can tell you this: If it's pretty there, GDC's will eventually take it over.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it's finally happening. Flew down to NC this weekend and bought a house! Got my 3 acres and a mule. Heading on down at the the end of the month. Haven't been this excited since the new Budweiser cans came out.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Exciting!!

Where'd you settle on Rev?

JB

quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
Well, it's finally happening. Flew down to NC this weekend and bought a house! Got my 3 acres and a mule. Heading on down at the the end of the month. Haven't been this excited since the new Budweiser cans came out.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

they are very politically active and will help keep you apprised of all the anti-RKBA actions planned / promoted by anti-gun politicians n the state

Thanks I didn't know about this. I've been here 4 yrs now. SE of Charlotte in mint hill.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Northwest of Winston-Salem. The house has a Winston-Salem address, but isn't within "city limits", so we don't have to pay the higher tax. Beautiful property with hardwood timber and the way the lot is situated, no one can build next to us.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:

Northwest of Winston-Salem. The house has a Winston-Salem address, but isn't within "city limits", so we don't have to pay the higher tax. Beautiful property with hardwood timber and the way the lot is situated, no one can build next to us.

Congrats !

I'm living in FL now but lived in NC for 20+ years

you'll be happy.

would love to see Cooper get the boot in Nov.

-----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

Thanks I didn't know about this. I've been here 4 yrs now. SE of Charlotte in mint hill.

Yeah, you are like 6 miles from me.....

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post