SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    GOP Keeps Ohio 12
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOP Keeps Ohio 12 Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Lying and cheating is what the God Damn Commies do best. And killing untold millions. They're pretty good at that also.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I just came across this as well that seems to support my last little rant.

It says that Democrat turnout was 87% of the 2016 total, and the GOP turnout was only 40% of the 2016 total.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...ly-40-of-2016-total/

We can't overlook how good the Dems are at voter fraud in addition to effectively getting their block out to vote.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:

It says that Democrat turnout was 87% of the 2016 total, and the GOP turnout was only 40% of the 2016 total.

We can't overlook how good the Dems are at voter fraud in addition to effectively getting their block out to vote.

Really sobering the low turnout for conservative voters. Conservative/GOP just don't care enough and looking a little late to turn this country around with so little passion apparent.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Balderson was a less than inspiring candidate and he still won (I know, provisional and absentee yet to be counted).
National Dems poured mega bucks into O'Conner's effort and they still lost.
This was a special election and they always garner little notice. It is a turn out election and the Dems poured money on the fire to get the vote out... and they still lost.
The November election will be much more typical for Ohio 12 and Balderson will will much more easily.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:

Really sobering the low turnout for conservative voters. Conservative/GOP just don't care enough and looking a little late to turn this country around with so little passion.

I’ll casually ask people at work and other people I know about voting and they either don't know there are mid term elections coming up or they’ll ask who’s running. I think they are busy with 50+ Hour workweeks, kids, and other stuff. There’s still time for people to ‘get with it’.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People don't see the peril we are in or they do and just are not willing to vote for GOP/GOPe candidates on the ticket.

I share the dislike for many of the GOPe/Conservate 'lite' candidates. Its hard to vote for them.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
People don't see the peril we are in or they do and just are not willing to vote for GOP/GOPe candidates on the ticket.

I share the dislike for many of the GOPe/Conservate 'lite' candidates. Its hard to vote for them.

This is the problem in a nutshell. Here in TN, I go pull the R lever because it's better than the alternative, but it's been a while since we've had a candidate for anything that I actually found respectable. We have any number of conservatives in office that are completely despicable and should be ridden out of a rail were they in any non political position. Their only saving grace is that they're slightly better than the alternative. It's hard for me to get out, and obviously others feel the same way.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So all these people that voted for the Dems want to turn back the tax cuts, open the boarders, have unchecked, unlimited immigration, elimination of ICE, think they will get FREE Medicare, FREE college, and everything else for FREE? Unchecked, unlimited, bogus climate change, unlimited, unchecked agreements with rogue nations, unlimited, unchecked laws and regulations, need I go on?
Who are these Dems?? I can't believe that this perverted thinking is going on with so many people. And this never ends with these people. I really can't see this country continuing with this separation of the people...Something has to give for sure. We really are two countries.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to know how many of the 87% Democrat turnout are actually alive, or are legal voters.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
The Dems are working overtime to Fabricate make sure every vote gets counted.

Newly found 12th Congressional District ballots cut Troy Balderson's lead by 190 votes

Jeremy Pelzer, cleveland.comUpdated 5:09 PM; Posted 5:09 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio--Republican Troy Balderson's narrow lead in the special election for Ohio's 12th Congressional District got even narrower on Wednesday, as Franklin County elections officials discovered additional uncounted ballots that favored Democrat Danny O'Connor.

The 588 ballots, which the Franklin County Board of Elections announced it found in three Worthington precincts during a routine audit, cut Balderson's lead over O'Connor by a total of 190 votes, from 1,754 votes to 1,564 votes.

While Balderson and other Republicans have claimed victory, O'Connor has refused to concede the race, as 8,483 provisional and absentee ballots have yet to be processed.

But even with the new votes, it's still likely that Balderson will prevail. Even if all of those ballots are deemed valid and counted - which is very unlikely in the case of provisional ballots - O'Connor would still need to win about 60 percent of them to erase a 1,564-vote lead. Of the outstanding ballots, only 2,440 are from Franklin County, the lone county that O'Connor won.

Adding in the new ballots, O'Connor would have to narrow Balderson's lead further to 1,017 votes - 0.5 percent of the vote total - to trigger an automatic recount under state law.

Asked about the significance of the new votes, O'Connor campaign manager Annie Ellison said it wasn't going to change the campaign's plans to ensure every special-election vote is counted and to focus on a rematch with Balderson in the November general election.

"We're going to just keep doing what we're doing," Ellison said.

Link

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Democrats are great at “finding” ballots in close elections.

And these people have the balls to accuse Russia of shenanigans? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Democrats are great at “finding” ballots in close elections.

And these people have the balls to accuse Russia of shenanigans? Roll Eyes

Found ballots always favor the Dems. 'Tis passing strange. Most assuredly 'tis.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
SHOCK: Ohio County 'Finds' Hundreds Of Uncounted Ballots In Still-Undecided Special House Election

With all votes counted in Ohio's 12th congressional district special election on Tuesday, Republican candidate Troy Balderson narrowly defeated Democratic challenger Danny O’Connor. The margin — out of 202,521 votes cast — was just 1,754 in favor of Balderson.

But Ohio election officials on Wednesday "found" some 588 previously uncounted votes in a Columbus suburb, and after tabulating them, O'Connor picked up 190 more votes, cutting Balderson's lead to 1,564 votes.

"The votes from a portion of one voting location had not been processed into the tabulation system," the Franklin County Board of Elections said to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Both Balderson and President Trump, who endorsed him, have declared victory, but there are still as many as 8,000 absentee ballots and provisional votes to count, election officials say. Still, O'Connor said he does not plan to concede, and on Wednesday asked supporters for more money.

If the margin at the end of all counting is 0.5% or less, elections officials will conduct an automatic recount.

But until then, you can expect Democrats to keep "finding" more uncounted ballots.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...ts-still-joseph-curl

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Don’t count the chickens just yet.

If it is that close, the God Damned Commies will stay up all night to figure out a way to come up with more votes.

Al Franken and his trunk loaded with ballots is on the way.

You read my mind.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
How did we know?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry but I can't believe that anyone actually believes that in 48hours a box of ballots is issued to voters, filled out by voters, packed back into a box, and the somehow lost.

Does anyone in their right mind actually work through the impossibility of this happening?

"I accidentally stashed the voting machine in the basement because the process of casting votes was months long and the volunteer turnover was so high for months and months."

What a silly basket-load of bullshit.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9150 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the head of the GOP in Ohio is pretty lame, so no wonder they did not get the vote out.

Also,like was stated when a guy runs a totally negative campaign, voters have no idea who they are voting for.

I do not live in Baldersons district so I could not vote. I wonder if my daughter and her husband did though, probably not?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
... as Franklin County elections officials discovered additional uncounted ballots that favored Democrat Danny O'Connor.

Roll Eyes

These people have no shame whatsoever.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post