SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    GOP Keeps Ohio 12
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOP Keeps Ohio 12 Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
But just barely. Less than 1% margin. Given the conservative leanings of the district, this is a very worrying sign for the November midterms.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was it a voter turn out issue?

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I thought it is still too close to call.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cda926:
Was it a voter turn out issue?
Most certainly

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Don’t count the chickens just yet.

If it is that close, the God Damned Commies will stay up all night to figure out a way to come up with more votes.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Don’t count the chickens just yet.

If it is that close, the God Damned Commies will stay up all night to figure out a way to come up with more votes.

Al Franken and his trunk loaded with ballots is on the way.

posted Hide Post
Has it been "called" yet? Has the dem conceded?

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The GOP candidate was'nt there most exciting candidate. Don't read too much into either a win or a loss it's only for a couple months either way..........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The Columbus Dispatch called it for the Republican by 0.9%.

Not only was the GOP candidate ho-hum, Kasich jumped in and acted the douche as usual.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Watching this race from California I'm glad Trump won this for the guy.

I bet without the Trump rally this guy would't have won.

It's really just a temporary seat that will be up again in November.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
... Kasich jumped in and acted the douche as usual.

He wasn't acting.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

He wasn't acting.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit, if he was telling voters to go for the Dem.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit, if he was telling voters to go for the Dem.

Me either.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
John James won R Primary in Michigan...I don't know much about him but DJT gave him his endorsement...stabyouintheback needs to go.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Columbus Dispatch called it for the Republican by 0.9%.

The dems. will demand however many recounts it takes to get them 0.1% ahead.

Posts: 609 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

He wasn't acting.

Big Grin Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
My wife and I cast our 2 votes for what's-his-name (Troy Balderson) last evening. I continue to be amazed and disturbed at how bad the GOP is at actually winning elections.

In the lead up to this one I saw endless ads and positive endorsements for O'Conner. The only ads I saw for Balderson were negative ones that featured O'Conner and how terrible he was. I'm fairly up to speed on politics and I had no idea who Troy Balderson was or what he stood for. I only knew that Trump held a rally in support of him.

Then we look at how effective the Dems are at getting people out to vote. This district has some urban areas on the NE side of Columbus (and going that direction on the NW side too) and I can guarantee they had people going door to door reminding people to get out and vote, and probably had buses to provide transportation as well.

I did a search online to confirm my polling location and hours. I came across several sites that appeared to be supported by the GOP. Every single one of them required I enter in my phone number and email address before they would provide me info on where/when to vote. I declined and eventually found what I needed through our clunky secretary of state website. I also got several txt messages calling O'Conner the next Nancy Pelosi. Not a single txt to help provide me with info on where/when to vote.

How about the GOP stop worrying so much about getting phone numbers and email addresses so that they can continue to bombard me with endless spam and cash in by selling my info, and instead focus on what it takes to help busy conservative leaning working families actually get out and vote? Ugh. Roll Eyes

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
After all the hullabaloo and hurrahing, Shannon told us just before sign off that the voting folks say there are 3400 absentee and ~5000 provisional ballots which can’t be counted before next week, so the winner can’t be known until then.

Plenty of time for busy minds to plot and scheme.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Lying and cheating is what the God Damn Commies do best. And killing untold millions. They're pretty good at that also.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post